• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walther PPQ 9MM

workinhd

Does anyone in the forum have a Walther PPQ 9MM? Heard great things about it, looking to test fire one. I wonder if any ranges have one I could rent?

workinhd

I only put it here because I was interested in local experiences, as far as if anyone had ever seen one as a rental gun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MainelyGlock

I just bought one in .40S&W last week, and I LOVE IT! I was looking for a 9mm, but couldn't find one, didn't want to wait, so I bought the .40. No complaints whatsoever, the trigger reset is amazing as well as the ergonomics. If you feel like traveling a bit, I'll let you shoot mine all day l:banana:

Edit: As of yesterday, grabagun.com has them for $513. I paid $630 locally :(

Last edited:

workinhd

Thanks for the info, the wife just may use one of these guys on me if I keep looking a buying new ones. A few months ago I had never shot a gun, much less owned one. Since then I have picked up a Ruger SR22 and most recently a Walther PK380. The 380 ammo is expensive, so I was looking for a good 3-4 inch barrel 9 mm. I like the smaller capacity 9 mms. Heard the PPQ was great, wondering if there are any good cheap 9s that are not sub compacts.

MainelyGlock

Welcome to the forum, also!

PK380 isn't a bad gun, but do yourself a favor and stay away from the P22. At least until it improves.

All I can offer for 9mm advice is 1) Glock 17/19 [used] 2) Stay away from anything called "Hi-Point" 3) Try as many as possible, even if that means just holding the gun and looking down the sights

Last edited:

workinhd

I think the Ruger SR22 is just about the best 22 out there in that style. I like the 380 and seem to shoot it better then the 22, just can't afford that ammo. I only shoot a clip or 2 a week then switch over to the Ruger for cheap shooting the rest of the day.

Thought process was maybe sell the 380 and get a 9mm, and shoot it more. Maybe I can convince the wife it will pay for itself over time.

chris829

Welcome to the forum, also!

PK380 isn't a bad gun, but do yourself a favor and stay away from the P22. At least until it improves.

All I can offer for 9mm advice is 1) Glock 17/19 [used] 2) Stay away from anything called "Hi-Point" 3) Try as many as possible, even if that means just holding the gun and looking down the sights

dude, hi points are reliable, low cost guns. i have three of them and shoot them more than my M&P pr my px4.. accurate too!

MainelyGlock

dude, hi points are reliable, low cost guns. i have three of them and shoot them more than my M&P pr my px4.. accurate too!

Glad you think so. Some are, some aren't. It seems to be hit or miss with them, and that comes from personal experience. My CF380 worked perfectly, but the JHP .45 I had sucked horribly. If you have one that functions perfectly, good for you! They certainly make a good backup gun, and definitely have a nice price tag.