Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: long john silvers/ a&w on 40hwy

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    7

    long john silvers/ a&w on 40hwy

    So found out today that long john silver on 40 and Sterling in independence is NOT a gun friendly establishment. Was told by the nice Asian manager that my gun was not aloud even with a permit, well I don't have a permit that's why I open carry. I told him I repsected his wishes and put it in my car. When I came back in I told him if he had a sign I wouldn't have brought it in. Well that's when he started to get a little upset saying he didn't care, it was his building and I could get out. Well if I didn't have my hungry pregnant wife with me I woulda been more than happy to do so and not come back but I had to stay. Needless to say the man with out the gun was more hostile than the Guy with a gun. Says a lot about anti gun supporters. Funny tho a sweet old lady came up to me and said she wished more people would open carry and that her grandkids do it. Just figured I'd put that on here just in case anybody wanted to go to longjohn silvers on 40 and Sterling in independence.

  2. #2
    Regular Member CCinMaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Windham, Maine
    Posts
    193

    Re: long john silvers/ a&w on 40hwy

    I wouldn't ever recommend that anyone put up a sign. They don't need amy more ideas to try to restrict us. And always good to comply and keep a cool head. Let the owner/manager/employee get hot headed, and you stay cool AND compliant, all you're going to do is better the cause.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    7
    Well I would say I was the less hostile and cooler headed one and the sign probably wasn't a good idea. Just amazing how people think those that ate armed are the ones posing a threat but yet he was the only one yelling.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    640
    You chose to return to an anti-gun establishment after you were verbally told you were not welcome with your weapon, and continue to give them your business? Why did you not just go elsewhere? Was there no other eatery or food establishment around?

    Just curious as why you would of done such a thing.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    7
    Hungry pregnant wife who was already eating. If she wasn't there I would have left no problem.

  6. #6
    Regular Member CCinMaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Windham, Maine
    Posts
    193

    Re: long john silvers/ a&w on 40hwy

    Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    You chose to return to an anti-gun establishment after you were verbally told you were not welcome with your weapon, and continue to give them your business? Why did you not just go elsewhere? Was there no other eatery or food establishment around?

    Just curious as why you would of done such a thing.
    I think you missed the "hungry pregnant wife" part in the original post. I don't know about the pregnant part but I know if I already placed an order with my hungry lady there is no way I win that conversation in the car about why we couldn't have just put it in the car.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    111
    I get what you're saying CC. If ya got a hungry wife in the car, not a good idea to go O.C. activist. Heheh.. Gotta satisfy the wife. Plenty of time for giving the restaurant heck or not letting you carry your firearm.

  8. #8
    Regular Member CCinMaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Windham, Maine
    Posts
    193

    Re: long john silvers/ a&w on 40hwy

    Quote Originally Posted by SixGunCowboy View Post
    I get what you're saying CC. If ya got a hungry wife in the car, not a good idea to go O.C. activist. Heheh.. Gotta satisfy the wife. Plenty of time for giving the restaurant heck or not letting you carry your firearm.
    Exactly. Better to give an anti-2A restaurant some money to get your food and never go back then to deal with her wrath. Haha.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    I think you missed the "hungry pregnant wife" part in the original post. I don't know about the pregnant part but I know if I already placed an order with my hungry lady there is no way I win that conversation in the car about why we couldn't have just put it in the car.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LOL...I must have. You would of been in the doghouse I guess. Sleeping on the couch for a week.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    7
    Ya I wasn't going to test her especially when she specifically said she wanted to eat there. She woulda been the one taking away my 2a rights lol. So instead I just decided to send their corporate a very nice email about my visit to their restaurant. Still waiting on a reply.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    640
    I think there entire menu is still filled with trans fats.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •