• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

long john silvers/ a&w on 40hwy

cuban88

So found out today that long john silver on 40 and Sterling in independence is NOT a gun friendly establishment. Was told by the nice Asian manager that my gun was not aloud even with a permit, well I don't have a permit that's why I open carry. I told him I repsected his wishes and put it in my car. When I came back in I told him if he had a sign I wouldn't have brought it in. Well that's when he started to get a little upset saying he didn't care, it was his building and I could get out. Well if I didn't have my hungry pregnant wife with me I woulda been more than happy to do so and not come back but I had to stay. Needless to say the man with out the gun was more hostile than the Guy with a gun. Says a lot about anti gun supporters. Funny tho a sweet old lady came up to me and said she wished more people would open carry and that her grandkids do it. Just figured I'd put that on here just in case anybody wanted to go to longjohn silvers on 40 and Sterling in independence.

CCinMaine

I wouldn't ever recommend that anyone put up a sign. They don't need amy more ideas to try to restrict us. And always good to comply and keep a cool head. Let the owner/manager/employee get hot headed, and you stay cool AND compliant, all you're going to do is better the cause.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cuban88

Well I would say I was the less hostile and cooler headed one and the sign probably wasn't a good idea. Just amazing how people think those that ate armed are the ones posing a threat but yet he was the only one yelling.

kylemoul

You chose to return to an anti-gun establishment after you were verbally told you were not welcome with your weapon, and continue to give them your business? Why did you not just go elsewhere? Was there no other eatery or food establishment around?

Just curious as why you would of done such a thing.

cuban88

Hungry pregnant wife who was already eating. If she wasn't there I would have left no problem.

CCinMaine

You chose to return to an anti-gun establishment after you were verbally told you were not welcome with your weapon, and continue to give them your business? Why did you not just go elsewhere? Was there no other eatery or food establishment around?

Just curious as why you would of done such a thing.

I think you missed the "hungry pregnant wife" part in the original post. I don't know about the pregnant part but I know if I already placed an order with my hungry lady there is no way I win that conversation in the car about why we couldn't have just put it in the car.

SixGunCowboy

I get what you're saying CC. If ya got a hungry wife in the car, not a good idea to go O.C. activist. Heheh.. Gotta satisfy the wife. Plenty of time for giving the restaurant heck or not letting you carry your firearm.

CCinMaine

I get what you're saying CC. If ya got a hungry wife in the car, not a good idea to go O.C. activist. Heheh.. Gotta satisfy the wife. Plenty of time for giving the restaurant heck or not letting you carry your firearm.

Exactly. Better to give an anti-2A restaurant some money to get your food and never go back then to deal with her wrath. Haha.

kylemoul

I think you missed the "hungry pregnant wife" part in the original post. I don't know about the pregnant part but I know if I already placed an order with my hungry lady there is no way I win that conversation in the car about why we couldn't have just put it in the car.

LOL...I must have. You would of been in the doghouse I guess. Sleeping on the couch for a week.

cuban88

Ya I wasn't going to test her especially when she specifically said she wanted to eat there. She woulda been the one taking away my 2a rights lol. So instead I just decided to send their corporate a very nice email about my visit to their restaurant. Still waiting on a reply.