Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

Colt Single Action Army - The original point and click interface.

Banned
    Its actually horrible ... don't need to promote 30+ rd mags .. we already have this right; its not something the gov't can regulate. An AR is designed around a 30+ mag ...

GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its actually horrible ... don't need to promote 30+ rd mags .. we already have this right; its not something the gov't can regulate. An AR is designed around a 30+ mag ...
    They did once before...ever here of the assault weapon ban?
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I hope they stick to their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    They did once before...ever here of the assault weapon ban?
    Yes siree bob...and if Obama stays...they will try and do it again...and a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 45LC View Post
    Yes siree bob...and if Obama stays...they will try and do it again...and a lot more.
    Romney would do the same if support for firearms/rights to self defense wanes. He does not seem to be the type of guy I want holding office.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Romney would do the same if support for firearms/rights to self defense wanes. He does not seem to be the type of guy I want holding office.
    Agreed, Romney's gun record has not been perfect but...

Agreed, Romney's gun record has not been perfect but...
    But what? Romney's gun record is sub-par, but oh well, better than Obama's! Sounds like someone has fallen for the 'Lesser of two evils' practice that has ruined this nation.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Who is "we" ? Here in California "we" dont have this right.
    The Federal government wouldn't be able to reinstate this ban after the Heller decision. If the Heller decision is overturned then they could, but the majority opinion stated that firearms that are in wide use could not be banned from possession. I don't know much about California's constitutional amendment concerning the right to bear arms, but I am assuming the "assault weapons" ban has been challenged?
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

I noted that New Mexico's governor in her speech last night at the RNC mentioned that when she worked for her dads new security firm she carried a Smith and Wesson .357 Magnum.

I like a girl with good taste in revolvers!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    But what? Romney's gun record is sub-par, but oh well, better than Obama's! Sounds like someone has fallen for the 'Lesser of two evils' practice that has ruined this nation.
    Yup...I think that's about all a person can do. Do you have a better solution? Independent...don't vote...what?

Do you have a better solution?
    Actively participate in government would work. People think that voting is as far as their patriotic duty goes. It should never end there. Try lobbying for support, it is easy in smaller governments. Run for office on your view, chances are you share similar views as much of the voters in your district.

The problem with anti-firearm advocates are that they are so vocal. Of course they would be, they have strong emotions for their cause. They know someone who has been shot/killed or are tired of seeing it on the news. They think the only way to end the violence is to rid the world of the firearms. We, as advocates for rights to self defense are not so vocal, because usually we have little emotions tied to it. We have a passion for firearms, but not so much so that we would spend half of our usable income to lobby someone for our rights. We usually fight when it comes up but we never push the tied of anti-defense laws backwards. We usually fight to keep it where it is because it isn't infringing on our rights as much as it could be. We can still get most of the guns we want with little restrictions.

It is our duty to participate in government, that is well beyond just voting.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Yup...I think that's about all a person can do. Do you have a better solution? Independent...don't vote...what?
    sit around and gripe that some malevolent conspiracy is keeping the Mad Doctor from clenching the nomination.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Actively participate in government would work. People think that voting is as far as their patriotic duty goes. It should never end there. Try lobbying for support, it is easy in smaller governments. Run for office on your view, chances are you share similar views as much of the voters in your district.

The problem with anti-firearm advocates are that they are so vocal. Of course they would be, they have strong emotions for their cause. They know someone who has been shot/killed or are tired of seeing it on the news. They think the only way to end the violence is to rid the world of the firearms. We, as advocates for rights to self defense are not so vocal, because usually we have little emotions tied to it. We have a passion for firearms, but not so much so that we would spend half of our usable income to lobby someone for our rights. We usually fight when it comes up but we never push the tied of anti-defense laws backwards. We usually fight to keep it where it is because it isn't infringing on our rights as much as it could be. We can still get most of the guns we want with little restrictions.

It is our duty to participate in government, that is well beyond just voting.
    My comment of "Do you have a better solution?" was only in reference to presidential voting. When it comes down to it, Romney or Obama will be elected. Sometimes it is necessary to pick the lesser of the two evils. At least the GOP is saying that they want to see broader gun rights. I haven't heard that from the democrats.

Because you quoted me, I assume you are directing your post to me. If that's so, you are preaching to the choir. I am in the firearm business for a living and I try to do my fair share of supporting 2A rights. I contacted an Ohio representative just the other day about the legality of no guns in Ohio libraries.

I agree with most of what you said. However, I think that gun owners are fighting for our rights just as hard as the gun grabbers are fighting to take them away. That's the reason we have seen changes in ccw laws across the country and since the assault rifle ban expired in 2004, no attempt has been successful to renew it.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    The Federal government wouldn't be able to reinstate this ban after the Heller decision. If the Heller decision is overturned then they could, but the majority opinion stated that firearms that are in wide use could not be banned from possession. I don't know much about California's constitutional amendment concerning the right to bear arms, but I am assuming the "assault weapons" ban has been challenged?
    I have to disagree.
    The Clinton AWB didnt ban any firearms at all. It simply banned certain features i.e. flash hiders, folding stocks and magazines over 10 rounds.

The the feds wanted to make another AWB, the Heller decision wouldnt have anything to do with it and with enough voted they could pass it.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Just curious, what anti 2A laws did the Oboma administration pass?

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar

This is the same man the passed the ONLY permenant AWB as Gov of his state?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post

This is the same man the passed the ONLY permenant AWB as Gov of his state?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Are you asking or telling? I am asking about president Oboma, not governor Oboma. So my question remains. What anti 2A laws has his (presidential) administration passed?

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backenj View Post
    Are you asking or telling? I am asking about president Oboma, not governor Oboma. So my question remains. What anti 2A laws has his (presidential) administration passed?
    Sorry my post was in response to the OP link featuring Mitt.
    IIRC Obama has not passed any serious gun laws, he is a "behind the scenes" gun grabber for now.

Just for the record BOTH parties trying to control our country want to keep serious fire-power out of the hands of the citizens IMHO.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

[QUOTE=
    IIRC Obama has not passed any serious gun laws, he is a "behind the scenes" gun grabber for now.[/QUOTE]

If he hasn't passed any laws, then why does every body here seem to be anti Oboma when it comes to 2A? His administration has done nothing to suggest he is anti 2A, correct? I'm not pro Oboma, nor pro Romney. Both sides are crooked in their own way. Chop of the left hand or the right. Either way you loose a hand. <--Not a metaphor for the "right" or left" party.

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Sorry my post was in response to the OP link featuring Mitt.
    IIRC Obama has not passed any serious gun laws, he is a "behind the scenes" gun grabber for now.

Just for the record BOTH parties trying to control our country want to keep serious fire-power out of the hands of the citizens IMHO.
    If he hasn't passed any laws, then why does every body here seem to be anti Oboma when it comes to 2A? His administration has done nothing to suggest he is anti 2A, correct? I'm not pro Oboma, nor pro Romney. Both sides are crooked in their own way. Chop of the left hand or the right. Either way you loose a hand. <--Not a metaphor for the "right" or left" party.

Because he supports reinstatement of the AWB and stricter 'rules' whatever that means. Then there is the whole gun runner scandal. Both parties are guilty of that, but doesn't matter. Bush was a Republican and as far as Republicans are concerned, they are infallible. They also suffer nasty tunnel vision, focusing all their hatred on Obama, even though it means completely ignoring that Romney is essentially the same person.

A lot of people foolishly believe that Romney, while a bad choice for president, will pick good choices for SCOTUS. Kinda completely ignores the fact that Romney supports gun control and anyone he nominates for SCOTUS is going to very likely share his views.

If you want to know about Obama's thoughts on the 2A , just google his voting record as a Sen. of Illinois.

I agree that both parties are crooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Because he supports reinstatement of the AWB and stricter 'rules' whatever that means. Then there is the whole gun runner scandal. Both parties are guilty of that, but doesn't matter. Bush was a Republican and as far as Republicans are concerned, they are infallible. They also suffer nasty tunnel vision, focusing all their hatred on Obama, even though it means completely ignoring that Romney is essentially the same person.

A lot of people foolishly believe that Romney, while a bad choice for president, will pick good choices for SCOTUS. Kinda completely ignores the fact that Romney supports gun control and anyone he nominates for SCOTUS is going to very likely share his views.

Yes the Bush administration were moving guns across the border. The difference was that the Bush administration contacted the Mexican officials and let them know where guns were going and let them in on the action when the guns went across the border. Obama administration followed the guns to the border and that is where it stopped. No Mexican officials knew anything about the operation nor were any Mexican agents following where the guns went after crossing the border.

As far as the nominations to SCOTUS , we already know for certain what types Obama has nominated and what he would continue to nominate if re-elected. I am quite willing to give Romney a chance to do better. He certainly couldn't do any worse.

Romney certainly wasn't my pick but he is the only one with a chance to beat Obama and he will get my vote.

These guys have your vote?

Yea, they sure sound trustworthy...LOLOLOLOLOL
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast