• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOP calls for broader gun rights, unlimited clips

backenj

IIRC Obama has not passed any serious gun laws said:
If he hasn't passed any laws, then why does every body here seem to be anti Oboma when it comes to 2A? His administration has done nothing to suggest he is anti 2A, correct? I'm not pro Oboma, nor pro Romney. Both sides are crooked in their own way. Chop of the left hand or the right. Either way you loose a hand. <--Not a metaphor for the "right" or left" party.

backenj

Sorry my post was in response to the OP link featuring Mitt.
IIRC Obama has not passed any serious gun laws, he is a "behind the scenes" gun grabber for now.

Just for the record BOTH parties trying to control our country want to keep serious fire-power out of the hands of the citizens IMHO.

If he hasn't passed any laws, then why does every body here seem to be anti Oboma when it comes to 2A? His administration has done nothing to suggest he is anti 2A, correct? I'm not pro Oboma, nor pro Romney. Both sides are crooked in their own way. Chop of the left hand or the right. Either way you loose a hand. <--Not a metaphor for the "right" or left" party.

Jack House

Because he supports reinstatement of the AWB and stricter 'rules' whatever that means. Then there is the whole gun runner scandal. Both parties are guilty of that, but doesn't matter. Bush was a Republican and as far as Republicans are concerned, they are infallible. They also suffer nasty tunnel vision, focusing all their hatred on Obama, even though it means completely ignoring that Romney is essentially the same person.

A lot of people foolishly believe that Romney, while a bad choice for president, will pick good choices for SCOTUS. Kinda completely ignores the fact that Romney supports gun control and anyone he nominates for SCOTUS is going to very likely share his views.

jayspapa

If you want to know about Obama's thoughts on the 2A , just google his voting record as a Sen. of Illinois.

I agree that both parties are crooked.

jayspapa

Because he supports reinstatement of the AWB and stricter 'rules' whatever that means. Then there is the whole gun runner scandal. Both parties are guilty of that, but doesn't matter. Bush was a Republican and as far as Republicans are concerned, they are infallible. They also suffer nasty tunnel vision, focusing all their hatred on Obama, even though it means completely ignoring that Romney is essentially the same person.

A lot of people foolishly believe that Romney, while a bad choice for president, will pick good choices for SCOTUS. Kinda completely ignores the fact that Romney supports gun control and anyone he nominates for SCOTUS is going to very likely share his views.

Yes the Bush administration were moving guns across the border. The difference was that the Bush administration contacted the Mexican officials and let them know where guns were going and let them in on the action when the guns went across the border. Obama administration followed the guns to the border and that is where it stopped. No Mexican officials knew anything about the operation nor were any Mexican agents following where the guns went after crossing the border.

As far as the nominations to SCOTUS , we already know for certain what types Obama has nominated and what he would continue to nominate if re-elected. I am quite willing to give Romney a chance to do better. He certainly couldn't do any worse.

Romney certainly wasn't my pick but he is the only one with a chance to beat Obama and he will get my vote.

Jack House

Romney will never beat Obama. The GOP pissed off all of the Ron Paul supporters and Romney repulses the swing votes. He ain't got no chance and even if he did, he ain't no better than Obama.

The difference between on administration breaking the law and another administration breaking the law doesn't matter. Both broke the law, both are criminals. Neither administration recovered the guns sold to the cartels and only the Obama administration has brought charges against the straw buyers.

So tell me again which administration did a better job? :rolleyes:

twoskinsonemanns

If he hasn't passed any laws, then why does every body here seem to be anti Oboma when it comes to 2A?

Really? did you not notice my signature?

Here's the whole shebang:

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

backenj

Really? did you not notice my signature?

Here's the whole shebang:

On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.

“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”

So your signature is hearsay and you can't give any law that as PRESIDENT, he has put into law.:eek: So my question is still "what anti 2A laws did the Oboma administration pass? "

bigun220

So your signature is hearsay and you can't give any law that as PRESIDENT, he has put into law.:eek: So my question is still "what anti 2A laws did the Oboma administration pass? "

None that I am aware of. Passing anti 2A laws requires action thru Congress, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon. With that said, gun control measures can and have been done on an "administrative level" and have the force of law. The requirement of dealers to report multiple long gun sales in border states comes to mind as an example.

Last edited:

papa bear

you are right Mr Soetoro has not passed any laws to ristrict firearms. he even was forced to sign a bill (his words) that allowed carry in national parks.

i am pretty sure the whole 'fast and furious" was an attempt to bring about stricter gun laws. thanks goodness this regime are such bunglers (probably due to their academia training) they failed

really though, i just don't want that communist SOB in office

backenj

you are right Mr Soetoro has not passed any laws to ristrict firearms. he even was forced to sign a bill (his words) that allowed carry in national parks.

i am pretty sure the whole 'fast and furious" was an attempt to bring about stricter gun laws. thanks goodness this regime are such bunglers (probably due to their academia training) they failed

really though, i just don't want that communist SOB in office

Mr. Who? I'm not that political, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

backenj

None that I am aware of. Passing anti 2A laws requires action thru Congress, which isn't likely to happen anytime soon. With that said, gun control measures can and have been done on an "administrative level" and have the force of law. The requirement of dealers to report multiple long gun sales in border states comes to mind as an example.

Did he make it so some one can purchase only a limited amount of guns? Reporting sales is not gun control. With border states problems with straw purchases, that might not be a bad idea.

sudden valley gunner

Did he make it so some one can purchase only a limited amount of guns? Reporting sales is not gun control. With border states problems with straw purchases, that might not be a bad idea.

How would it control the "problems with straw purchases' if its not control?

Another person willing to sacrifice liberty for safety.

I have no desire to stop anyone from arming themselves, government feeble controls rarely work anyway. They can't even keep drugs out of prisons. So they are not going to stop "bad guys" from having weapons. The laws only hurt the law abiding.

backenj

How would it control the "problems with straw purchases' if its not control?

Another person willing to sacrifice liberty for safety.

I have no desire to stop anyone from arming themselves, government feeble controls rarely work anyway. They can't even keep drugs out of prisons. So they are not going to stop "bad guys" from having weapons. The laws only hurt the law abiding.

"Reporting sales is not gun control". I didn't say it would control any thing, and registering or not registering a gun is not a liberty. Please site in the constitution where it is please. Is your car, boat, jet ski, motor home registered? I'm not for gun control or useless gun laws. Want ten guns, have ten guns. Do you even know what my original question was?

backenj

I see. You are of the kool-aid crowd. No matter what is said or done you are going to back your fella...
Good to know....

Please see post #22. What exactly is the "kool-aid crowd"? Some one said "I heard him say......" and you take that as the truth?

What crowd does that put you in?

twoskinsonemanns

Reporting sales is not gun control. With border states problems with straw purchases, that might not be a bad idea.

So you're pro more gun regulation (methods of gun control) while also trying to convince us your presidential choice is not for gun control?

Also what about the Tiahrt amendment? Obama has promised to get rid of it. You don't consider that more gun control?

backenj

So you're pro more gun regulation (methods of gun control) while also trying to convince us your presidential choice is not for gun control?

Also what about the Tiahrt amendment? Obama has promised to get rid of it. You don't consider that more gun control?

How in the word is the registration of a gun, gun control? Are they saying you can only register x amount of guns? No. Please explain if you disagree. And as I've said in previous posts, I'm not pro Oboma or pro Romney. I just asked what laws did Obama pass that are anti 2A? You are taking it in a different direction. As far as the Tiahrt amendment, did he pass it? And no, I don't agre with it.