• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Norwalk V. Doutel, The Fallout

davidmcbeth

Banned
FYI: my march 2012 claims commission filing just had an appearance made by the AG's office ... that's only 6 mo...

If you wish to file a 42 USC 1983 case against the cop, I don't see it being won on the merits to be honest ('cause courts are biased).

So if you wish to file , file pro se IMO. To defend such a case will cost about $100,000 .. and it would cost you ~$400 ... assuming you get past a motion to dismiss & motion for summary judgment.

Use the old "monkey see/monkey do" method of writing up a complaint.

Once filed, discovery can begin ...

I've been in state courts, federal courts, appellate courts, you name it ... if I get pissed off with a government official, I file. ~$400 is all it takes (CT has a pro se bond which is crap -- you get your $$ back but you have to ask for it via a motion, which is always granted).

Another avenue I have done is to run for public office ... just to torpedo a candidate ... I have been very successful here. In your case, I think you would want to win a selectman's position to boot out the chief (he's the one who recommended hiring the goof)..

Federal v state court? Up to you.

They may settle the case ... so at least you recover some of the money you lost.