• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't Tread on Me License Plate -

mspgunner

This Plate is NOW available in the State of Missouri:
MOTreadplate.jpg

I have emailed the MO. Sec. of State Office asking when we wil get the plate? I'm waiting for a reply. I'm posting this here because I believe there are many of us waiting for it.

Here is the nuts an bolts of the legislation: Oh, BTW, you can get from the below what it takes for "bill" to become law! (NOT EASY)
Missouri House of Representatives
96th General Assembly , 2nd Regular Session
Activity History for HB 1141
1/05/2012 H 29
Read Second Time (H)
1/12/2012 H 68
Referred: Transportation (H)

1/24/2012 Public Hearing Completed (H)
1/31/2012 Executive Session Completed (H)
1/31/2012 Voted Do Pass - Consent (H)
2/01/2012 H 205
Reported Do Pass by Consent (H)
2/01/2012 Referred: Rules - Pursuant to Rule 25(32)(f) (H)

2/06/2012 Rules - Executive Session Completed (H)
2/06/2012 Rules - Voted Do Pass - Consent (H)
2/06/2012 H 229
Rules - Reported Do Pass Consent (H)
2/14/2012 H 321
Perfected by Consent - Pursuant to House Rules (H)
2/15/2012 H 331 - 332
Third Read and Passed (H) - AYES: 124 NOES: 032
2/15/2012 S 269
Reported to the Senate and First Read (S)
3/08/2012 S 435
Second Read and Referred: Transportation (S)
3/22/2012 Public Hearing Scheduled (S) - WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28, 2012, 8:00AM, SCR 1
3/28/2012 Public Hearing Held (S)
4/18/2012 Public Hearing Completed (H) - VOTED DO PASS
5/10/2012 Executive Session Held (S)
5/10/2012 S 1414
Reported Do Pass (S)
5/15/2012 H 1937
Truly Agreed To and Finally Passed - YEAS: 31 NAYS: 02
5/30/2012 H 2734
Signed by House Speaker(H)
5/30/2012 S 2291
Signed by President Pro Tem (S)
5/30/2012 H 2737
Delivered to Governor
7/06/2012 Approved by Governor (G)
7/06/2012 Delivered to Secretary of State (G)

The activity can be referenced in the House or Senate Journal. The JRN PG column indicates the H-House or S-Senate journal printed for that activity date and the page number for the activity.

SECOND REGULAR SESSION
[TRULY AGREED TO AND FINALLY PASSED]
HOUSE BILL NO. 1141
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
4675L.03T 2012

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:

Section A. Section 301.3163, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 301.3163, to read as follows:
301.3163. Any person may apply for [special] specialty personalized "Don't Tread on Me" motor vehicle license plates for any vehicle such person owns, either solely or jointly, other than an apportioned motor vehicle or a commercial motor vehicle licensed in excess of eighteen thousand pounds gross weight. Such person shall make application for the [special] specialty personalized license plates on a form provided by the director of revenue. The director shall then issue specialty personalized license plates bearing letters or numbers or a combination thereof as determined by the [advisory committee established in section 301.129] director, with the words "DON'T TREAD ON ME" [in place of the words "SHOW-ME STATE"] centered on the bottom one-fourth of the plate, in bold, all capital letters, and with lettering identical to the lettering used for the word "MISSOURI" on the regular state license plate. Such words shall be no smaller than forty-eight point type. Such plates shall be tiger yellow beginning at the top and bottom, with the color fading into white in the center. All numbers and letters shall be black. The left side shall contain a reproduction of the "Gadsen Snake" in black and white, with the snake to be three inches in height and two inches wide, and sitting on green grass that is two and one-quarter inches wide. Upon payment of a fifteen dollar fee in addition to the regular registration fees, and presentation of any documents which may be required by law, the director of revenue shall issue to the vehicle owner a specialty personalized plate. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 301.144, no additional fee shall be charged for the personalization of license plates issued under this section. Such license plates shall be made with fully reflective material with a common color scheme and design, shall be clearly visible at night, and shall be aesthetically attractive, as prescribed by section 301.130.

Last edited:

mechanicworkman

I have already ordered one for my Harley i got a call 2 weeks ago from DMV verifying that the one with the snake on it was the one i wanted i expect to get my letter soon to pick it up at the local DMV......cant wait

mechanicworkman

One thing i am finding very fishy is that they still have not cashed my $15 check! So i don't know if its even been sent to be printed yet.

mechanicworkman

My check was sent off over 6 weeks ago still NOT cashed. I had a guy call me like 4 weeks ago making sure i wanted the one with the snake on it but other than that i have not heard anything................2 weeks in my circumstance is really short.............I am beginning to wonder if somthing is truely screwed up

kylemoul

i imagine it will take a month or so for me. After all it is a new design and need to get stamped with my plate number. im sure it takes 3 days to make the plate, and 21 days to file paperwork, another 3 days to lose the paperwork, and 2 more days to stand in line.

mechanicworkman

I just called Department of Revenue in Jeff City to inquire on my plate. It appears that DMV is still NOT issuing this plate for motorcycles. I seem to be put in a stack of papers since JULY and no further action has been taken. They are evidently issuing them for regular vehicles but not motorcycles can anyone help with who i need to contact?

mspgunner

I just called Department of Revenue in Jeff City to inquire on my plate. It appears that DMV is still NOT issuing this plate for motorcycles. I seem to be put in a stack of papers since JULY and no further action has been taken. They are evidently issuing them for regular vehicles but not motorcycles can anyone help with who i need to contact?

I applied fpr mine almost 2 months ago (Vehicle) heard nothing. You might try your State Rep and State Senator, their office wil get an answer for you. Howver, all state reps and half the senate in Missouri is up for re-election and district lines redrawn, so if you get no response soon you'll have to look at election results and after Jan. 1 2013 look to see who you rep and senator are because of the redistricting. That is simple enough....

mechanicworkman

I was told they have issued No don't tread on me plates for motorcycles yet I have the application for the first one they are still working with the person who makes the plates but seems to me they are dragging their feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mechanicworkman

16 weeks weeks and counting finally got a reply from DMV on my license plate

Mr ..................,

I have not received a response from you regarding the phone message I left yesterday asking you to return my call so I also wanted to email to attempt to contact you and explain the delay that has happened with the documentation you have submitted to the department for your Don’t Tread on Me Motorcycle plate.

First, let me apologize about the time frame of your pending transaction. When you began your application this plate type was pending new design passed through legislation.

Due to your application being the first application received for this plate type my staff requested a set up process within our systems and with the manufacturer to be able to make and process this new plate type.

I have checked on the status of setting up this plate type and we hope to have completed by next week.

Once the plate type is completed we may process your order.

I have instructed my staff to do a rush order on your plate due to the time inconvenience that has occurred setting up this plate type. Once ordered the plate can be made within a few days with this approval.

I will notify you once the plate is ordered and again when the rush order for your plate has been completed and sent to your local license office for pick up.

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and If you have any questions regarding this please email me back or contact me at the phone number below.

Thanks

Redbaron007

I ordered mine 9/10 or so; still haven't seen hide nor hair. Went by the local license bureau (tags are due now) and had them check on it. He said they have reserved the license plate, however, it hasn't been sent to them yet. They guy there said he hasn't seen the new plate yet. He told me to come back by around the second week of November if not received. :confused:

mspgunner

I ordered mine 9/10 or so; still haven't seen hide nor hair. Went by the local license bureau (tags are due now) and had them check on it. He said they have reserved the license plate, however, it hasn't been sent to them yet. They guy there said he hasn't seen the new plate yet. He told me to come back by around the second week of November if not received. :confused:

I mailed a letter to DMV in J.C., they shoukd get it today or tomorrow. I asked for an update on the plate application. O hope they cal lor email. I know of another person who contcate them, he was the "FIRST" in the State to apply. They sent the wrong/old Don't Tred On Me Plate which he sent back. he is now first on the list and will email me when he gets his.

I'll post here if and when I hear anything or get my plate. Frustrating, but it is the Guberment!

mechanicworkman

Update From DMV

Mr...............,

I have been notified the plate type is now able to be ordered and have instructed my staff to rush order your plate.

I will contact you in a few days once the plate has been completed.

Thank you for your continued patience regarding your order.

Motor Vehicle Complex Area Supervisor

mspgunner

Mr...............,

I have been notified the plate type is now able to be ordered and have instructed my staff to rush order your plate.

I will contact you in a few days once the plate has been completed.

Thank you for your continued patience regarding your order.

Motor Vehicle Complex Area Supervisor

RUSH.... He is a radio personality, not how the Government conducts itself.

I'm with 'ya, can't believe they can't get this done ina "reasonable" amount of time.