Thread: Quick question about CWL verification.

Quick question about CWL verification.

Is there a way to get written verification of the curent status of a CWL (as in, in good standing, or reovked, etc...)?

Thanks!

If you are not LE, and it is not yours, why would you want to know? It's a privacy issue.

If it is yours you should already know.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    If you are not LE, and it is not yours, why would you want to know? It's a privacy issue.

If it is yours you should already know.

It is mine. I know it is good, but I'm looking to be able to provide proof that it is current and valid.

Mere possession of the lic. should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho-born View Post
    It is mine. I know it is good, but I'm looking to be able to provide proof that it is current and valid.
    Funny thing about the law you may have missed. It is not your problem to prove you are who you say you are, and that your firearms license is good, it is their problem to prove it is not. (if that is what you are worried about)

Funny thing about the law you may have missed. It is not your problem to prove you are who you say you are, and that your firearms license is good, it is their problem to prove it is not. (if that is what you are worried about)
    Actually, if you check out my posting history, you see that I am having to try prove it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho-born View Post
    Actually, if you check out my posting history, you see that I am having to try prove it is good.
    Sounds like you need a better lawyer.

We are innocent until proven guilty...it is the state's burden to prove what they say, not yours to prove what you say. When you go to court and have a jury trial, the jury is there to see if the prosecuter has proved his case, not that the defense has proved you did not do what you are accused of. You know, guilty beyond all reasonable doubt...or innocent...not innocent beyond all reasonable doubt.

That said, because you are looking for your personal information, you can probably go to the sheriff's office that issued, IN PERSON, and ask for a duplicate or whatever you need. (privacy issue)
    Last edited by hermannr; 09-03-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quick question about CWL verification.

Your CWL from ID is recognized in PA, as long as its not expired. It's their job to prove its not, simple phone call can verify.... Lawsuit time if you ask me.
    Beware of the Beast Within..... Under God one Nation will be returned to its Foundation!

Sounds like you need a better lawyer.
    snip
    That said, because you are looking for your personal information, you can probably go to the sheriff's office that issued, IN PERSON, and ask for a duplicate or whatever you need. (privacy issue)
    Actually, I've got a very good lawer with a very good success record, and I expect to win here...it just is taking longer than I would like to go through the administrative process.

But I'm not going to be able to make it out to Idaho before we are done with this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jimd_21 View Post
    Your CWL from ID is recognized in PA, as long as its not expired. It's their job to prove its not, simple phone call can verify.... Lawsuit time if you ask me.
    Part of the claim is that my CWL was issue erroniously/fraudulently....yet no action has been taken to revoke it.

Another quick question...

The federal database check they do for the CWL, it is NICS only, or something else?