• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question about CWL verification.

Idaho-born

Is there a way to get written verification of the curent status of a CWL (as in, in good standing, or reovked, etc...)?

Thanks!

hermannr

If you are not LE, and it is not yours, why would you want to know? It's a privacy issue.

If it is yours you should already know.

Idaho-born

If you are not LE, and it is not yours, why would you want to know? It's a privacy issue.

If it is yours you should already know.

It is mine. I know it is good, but I'm looking to be able to provide proof that it is current and valid.

hermannr

It is mine. I know it is good, but I'm looking to be able to provide proof that it is current and valid.

Funny thing about the law you may have missed. It is not your problem to prove you are who you say you are, and that your firearms license is good, it is their problem to prove it is not. (if that is what you are worried about)

Idaho-born

Funny thing about the law you may have missed. It is not your problem to prove you are who you say you are, and that your firearms license is good, it is their problem to prove it is not. (if that is what you are worried about)

Actually, if you check out my posting history, you see that I am having to try prove it is good.

hermannr

Actually, if you check out my posting history, you see that I am having to try prove it is good.

Sounds like you need a better lawyer.

We are innocent until proven guilty...it is the state's burden to prove what they say, not yours to prove what you say. When you go to court and have a jury trial, the jury is there to see if the prosecuter has proved his case, not that the defense has proved you did not do what you are accused of. You know, guilty beyond all reasonable doubt...or innocent...not innocent beyond all reasonable doubt.

That said, because you are looking for your personal information, you can probably go to the sheriff's office that issued, IN PERSON, and ask for a duplicate or whatever you need. (privacy issue)

Last edited:

jimd_21

Your CWL from ID is recognized in PA, as long as its not expired. It's their job to prove its not, simple phone call can verify.... Lawsuit time if you ask me.

Idaho-born

Sounds like you need a better lawyer.
snip
That said, because you are looking for your personal information, you can probably go to the sheriff's office that issued, IN PERSON, and ask for a duplicate or whatever you need. (privacy issue)

Actually, I've got a very good lawer with a very good success record, and I expect to win here...it just is taking longer than I would like to go through the administrative process.

But I'm not going to be able to make it out to Idaho before we are done with this stage.

Your CWL from ID is recognized in PA, as long as its not expired. It's their job to prove its not, simple phone call can verify.... Lawsuit time if you ask me.

Part of the claim is that my CWL was issue erroniously/fraudulently....yet no action has been taken to revoke it.

Idaho-born

Another quick question...

The federal database check they do for the CWL, it is NICS only, or something else?