• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conduct on this forum and Stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken243

As I wrote the following the thread was locked. Admin's please allow this thread to stay up. I believe/hope it will correct the problems on the "Something wrong with this sign" thread.

Can we get back on track here or will the admin's please lock this thread?

Stainless, I am with you 100% on your dealings with Waterford schools. That said your conduct beyond that I will not form an opinion because I do not have anything other than here-say to go by. But your conduct on this forum is tasteless when it comes to recent posts. Enough is a enough. I will gladly stand beside you defending our rights in Michigan. But your continued trolling is unacceptable. You tarnish your reputation and credibility when you make some of the comments you have made. With that said, I also believe others have been judgmental and over-bearing with some of your posts. Stainless, please just stop trolling or replying with questionable content. You have vast knowledge on 2A rights, use it. Please contribute to this cause and our rights with intellectual, useful and mature comments on this forum. There is no place for sarcasm when tone modulation or facial expressions can not be used (unless said sarcasm is noted, i.e. /sarcasm). PLEASE do not respond to this post. If you would like to have a discussion about this PM me.

Others, (you know who you are) I had a great time at the only OC event I have attended in Birmingham. I met many people I would gladly stand beside and be arrested with should similar illegal conduct continue with any police officer like it did with Sean. But, some of you have been "quick on the draw" against Stainless. Not all or many, just a few or a couple that is. This CAN be understandable. However, we should all keep in mind this is a public forum. Anything put in text here can be read by the media or anyone else. [Sarcasm]Since we all know the media does not put a spin on things,[/Sarcasm] everyone should be as professional and polite as they would be if a TV news camera was pointed at them with their comments.

Just trying to keep us together for a common cause rather than divide us over childish behavior. Let the flaming commence......

There is a reason I hardly ever get on or post at MOC anymore. There is a person there that is nothing but trouble. A person only looking for conflict. To that person I say get married (But I think he is banned here). :D Let us not let that happen here, please.

--Moderator Comment--
Thank you - This is an example of self-moderation as well as extolling others to do likewise.

Last edited by a moderator:

stainless1911

Banned
I have to respond.

I'll admit to some trolling from time to time. Not always though. I may not always be politically correct, mainstream or whatever, but I am American, I am pro gun, my heart is in the right place.

I do like to push the limits, I like to make people think. I poke the bear, I will "go there". I do exaggerate the point sometimes to get a conversation going, I say what others won't, can't or don't. I'll play devils advocate too. I try to flip the coin, and I don't mind rocking the boat. I put my money where my mouth is. I have done a lot for gun rights, specifically where OC is concerned. I do these things for the benefit of all, LEO and media included, not to be a troll. I do try, for the most part, to do these things within the forum rules.

Sometimes, I sit at the keyboard and just laugh. The responses sometimes... Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

As far as personal attacks go, I seldom just attack anyone. I will, however, unless specifically requested, stand my ground. When people (not just Pat) accuse me falsely, or make a small thing like a civil infraction look like I shot the pope, I have to answer to that.

That said, most this is getting old for me as well. I have a thick skin, but some things said do hurt, not just hurt the movement. I have done a lot for gun rights, specifically where OC is concerned.

Last edited:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
I'll admit to some trolling from time to time. Not always though. I may not always be politically correct, mainstream or whatever, but I am American, I am pro gun, my heart is in the right place.

I do like to push the limits, I like to make people think. I poke the bear, I will "go there". I do exaggerate the point sometimes to get a conversation going, I say what others won't, can't or don't. I'll play devils advocate too. I try to flip the coin, and I don't mind rocking the boat. I put my money where my mouth is. I have done a lot for gun rights, specifically where OC is concerned. I do these things for the benefit of all, LEO and media included, not to be a troll. I do try, for the most part, to do these things within the forum rules.

Sometimes, I sit at the keyboard and just laugh. The responses sometimes... Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

As far as personal attacks go, I seldom just attack anyone. I will, however, unless specifically requested, stand my ground. When people (not just Pat) accuse me falsely, or make a small thing like a civil infraction look like I shot the pope, I have to answer to that.

That said, most this is getting old for me as well. I have a thick skin, but some things said do hurt, not just hurt the movement. I have done a lot for gun rights, specifically where OC is concerned.

Quoted for future reference.

Admitting troll is a troll....

This is not your play ground Neil. You need a hobby? Go get one. We have goals here on OCDO and MOC, which it would seem you couldn't care less for.

Grow up Neil and stop doing stupid crap.....PLEASE!

mastiff69

LINE OUT,
HOOK BAITED,
TROLLING,
OH OH GOT A BITE,
GOT MORE THAN ONE ON !!!!!!!!!!!!
hey bubba get the net,
dam another SUCKER THROW IT BACK HAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day guys & gals
Mr. & Mrs. Mastiff

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Seriously, what is the point of this thread? Your other one got locked for a reason, leave it alone. Take this stuff to PMs.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
A new world record

A new world record for the number of cliches in one post!:monkey

kubel

... children with guns....

It never ceases to amaze me the way people choose to conduct themselves. Open carry your guns, not your immaturity.

It was suggested by a wise member here that issues should be taken to private message. Another suggested that visitors that see certain posts may take his posts as an example to follow, and so responses condemning such activity must be public. But what of the poor example so many people were making in that thread? The thread was not locked because someone suggested covering the anti gun rule with duct tape. It was locked because it got out of control with posts made in poor taste responding. If you think someone is a troll, don't feed them.

If someone from outside the open carry movement chose to view that thread, what would they think of us? Children with guns.

This immaturity in being able to deal with people is why I have no interest in getting actively involved with open carry events or even renew my MOC membership for that matter. Too many children. It's shameful.

Anyway, I wanted to report for anyone who cares that the township of Ypsilanti has not yet responded to my email. I couldn't because the thread was locked.

TheQ

I reported this thread this morning at 7:35 AM. I can't believe it's still around. I see nothing good coming from it.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
As I wrote the following the thread was locked. Admin's please allow this thread to stay up. I believe/hope it will correct the problems on the "Something wrong with this sign" thread.

Can we get back on track here or will the admin's please lock this thread?

Stainless, I am with you 100% on your dealings with Waterford schools. That said your conduct beyond that I will not form an opinion because I do not have anything other than here-say to go by. But your conduct on this forum is tasteless when it comes to recent posts. Enough is a enough. I will gladly stand beside you defending our rights in Michigan. But your continued trolling is unacceptable. You tarnish your reputation and credibility when you make some of the comments you have made. With that said, I also believe others have been judgmental and over-bearing with some of your posts. Stainless, please just stop trolling or replying with questionable content. You have vast knowledge on 2A rights, use it. Please contribute to this cause and our rights with intellectual, useful and mature comments on this forum. There is no place for sarcasm when tone modulation or facial expressions can not be used (unless said sarcasm is noted, i.e. /sarcasm). PLEASE do not respond to this post. If you would like to have a discussion about this PM me.

Others, (you know who you are) I had a great time at the only OC event I have attended in Birmingham. I met many people I would gladly stand beside and be arrested with should similar illegal conduct continue with any police officer like it did with Sean. But, some of you have been "quick on the draw" against Stainless. Not all or many, just a few or a couple that is. This CAN be understandable. However, we should all keep in mind this is a public forum. Anything put in text here can be read by the media or anyone else. [Sarcasm]Since we all know the media does not put a spin on things,[/Sarcasm] everyone should be as professional and polite as they would be if a TV news camera was pointed at them with their comments.

Just trying to keep us together for a common cause rather than divide us over childish behavior. Let the flaming commence......

There is a reason I hardly ever get on or post at MOC anymore. There is a person there that is nothing but trouble. A person only looking for conflict. To that person I say get married (But I think he is banned here). :D Let us not let that happen here, please.

Ken243 - thanks for posting this. Many here will "get it" while sadly others will not. By constantly fighting in the open we just help people who want to squash our right to bear arms and remain a free people.

To those who love to rip into him - you only fuel his postings. If he posted a loony thread and no one replied, ever, I think you would see his posts change or he would stop posting here. Much more the result you want, correct? :rolleyes:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

detroit_fan

Dear DF -

Please try to understand the purpose of this thread. By posting as you have you are promoting the behavior this thread was written to discourage. If you really need to get it off your chest, send him a PM.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

you must have quoted me really fast because i did delete it within 2 minutes of writing it.

i'm just tired of people being turned off of this board because of 1 person, and now that the 1 person has openly admitted he is trolling something needs to be done about it. when you combine his admission of trolling with his suggestions that others break laws that he doesn't agree with it is just a huge black eye for us imo. i actually know a couple of people that have refused to even come back to this great site all because of stainless. how far is this going to be allowed to go? how many good people are we losing because they don't want to deal with his trolling?

i never "bash" stainless, but after openly admitting to trolling & suggesting other break the law i don't see how i can ever defend him again.

ken243

I reported this thread this morning at 7:35 AM. I can't believe it's still around. I see nothing good coming from it.

Q,
I think some good has already come of it. Maybe a first step has been reached with admitting there has been trolling. Perhaps everyone involved can forgive and get a fresh start?

TheQ

Q,
I think some good has already come of it. Maybe a first step has been reached with admitting there has been trolling. Perhaps everyone involved can forgive and get a fresh start?

Don't skip steps! You can't skip steps!

Can we all now come to believe that a Power greater than ourselves can restore us to our sanity? Everyone...? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.