Thread: Best Buy policy change??

Best Buy policy change??

Tonight my wife and I were at best buy in Richfield. We have been there many times and have even had the store manager thank me for open carrying in his store. Anyway, after the salesman spent an hour with my wife and picking out a new Canon Rebel camera, he informed me that they just changed their policy and now ban guns! He didn't ask me to leave and said "Don't worry about it tonight." Has anyone else experienced this lately?? I am shocked after the warm welcome the store manager had given me a few times in the recent past. The manager wasn't in tonight so I didn't push the issue. I plan on contacting best buy headquarters to confirm what I was told.

Best Buy policy change??

If the manager has no problem with it, why worry about what the salesman said? I carried at my local Best Buy just yesterday with no issues. I wouldn't bother with it until someone actually asks you to leave.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

No problems at my local best buy either. Im not even sure they noticed. But its hard to miss so I think they just dident care.

Even if it were a policy change affecting customers (doubtful),
    it never ceases to amaze me that a business thinks it can tell a potential customer (monetary supporter) to give up their civil rights, but they'll still give money to the business.

"You're welcome to shop here, just leave it in the car."
    Do you think that if you told me I couldn't wear (insert your favorite religious symbol or garb), I'd agree to leave it in my car & still come here to spend money?
    Or if you didn't like my "I voted" sticker?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Best Buy policy change??

Here is the response:

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for contacting Best Buy regarding carrying concealed weapons in their stores. We do not ban handguns nor do we post ?no guns allowed? signs in any store location. Our approach to firearms is to comply with all state laws and to address each individual customer situation/scenario/concern as it arises. I do apologize if you were misinformed by one of our agents.

Diane
    Purchase Support Team