• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My God , This time New Jersey....

range rat

New Jersey Shopping Plaza Shootout Leaves Three Dead
By KEVIN DOLAK | Good Morning America – 3 hours ago@GMA on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook EmailShare0Print

The man suspected of killing two people early this morning at a New Jersey Pathmark before shooting himself to death during a confrontation with police is believed to be a 23-year-old former Marine who worked at the grocery store for two weeks, according to WABC-TV.

The suspect left the Old Bridge, N.J., shopping plaza at about 4 a.m. and returned, having changed into camouflage clothing, armed with an AK-47 and an automatic handgun, authorities told WABC, which reported that both victims, a man and a woman, were young adults.

Police had responded to shots inside the Pathmark on Route 9 at 4 a.m.

Authorities believe the man killed two before turning the gun on himself, according to WABC. There's no word on his motive.

"This is the worst phone call a mayor can receive," Old Bridge Mayor Owen Henry told NewJersey.com of the information he obtained about 6:30 a.m. "You can prepare for these things but you can't prevent them."

Several employees were inside the store, which was preparing to open at 6 a.m. Two windows near the entrance to the Pathmark were shot out.

Numerous employees were taken across the street to a T.G.I. Friday's and many were being treated for trauma at waiting ambulances.

The scene is now under control, according to WABC, and there were emergency responders in the plaza parking lot who had been standing in front of the store for some time.

Also Read
@GMA on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook Top Stories »New Jersey Shopping Plaza Shooting Leaves Three DeadLeAnn Rimes Sues Women for Invasion of PrivacyPentagon Tells Ex-SEAL He Could Face Legal Action Over Osama Bin Laden Raid Book, 'No Easy Day'Matthew Scheidt, 18, Found Guilty of Impersonating Physician's AssistantMany Schools Unprepared For Next PandemicNews For You

TyGuy

Probably happens every day, but wasn't reported on. When the media starts focusing on something then it seems like it is happening all of the time. Imagine if they focues on every single self defense use of a firearm. Gun stores would have bare shelves.

Old Grump

New Jersey, automatic pistol and an AK47? Could not have happened since New Jersey does not allow such things. However if he really did then he is in big trouble.. Forget funeral, that old boy has to go talk to the judge and serve his sentence first.

AaronS

Probably happens every day, but wasn't reported on. When the media starts focusing on something then it seems like it is happening all of the time. Imagine if they focues on every single self defense use of a firearm. Gun stores would have bare shelves.

This is so true.

If we were to have the news media do a story on every gang banger shooting in Chicago alone, we would never get any other news. It would take an hour every weekday, and a few hours on the weekends.

I remember about a year ago, when the media was on a thing about all of the people that were bitten by sharks. It looked so bad, people would not go to the beach...

I wish the media would start running a story every night about free trade, and what it has done to America.

AaronS

New Jersey, automatic pistol and an AK47? Could not have happened since New Jersey does not allow such things. However if he really did then he is in big trouble.. Forget funeral, that old boy has to go talk to the judge and serve his sentence first.

Don't give them the idea.

I could see the Fed. put his box behind bars for "life".

davidmcbeth

Banned

Must be a New New Jersey.

What's wrong with an AK 47 ... its perfect for shooting at just about anything. I like mine. Should I go show the Governor how much fun the gun can be .. I'm sure one he actually touches one, he'll see.

Last edited:

Old Grump

New Jersey---New Jersey does not permit firearms to be transported through the state unless the owner possesses a Firearms Identification Card. Exceptions to this prohibition are: a person traveling to and from a target range or to and from hunting, provided the individual has obtained a valid state hunting license, and ``between one place of business or residence and another when moving.'' In any event, the general rule should be followed.

New Jersey lists over 4 dozen specified firearms as being ``assault firearms.'' An assault firearm is any semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds, and any semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding 6 rounds, an accentuated pistol grip, or a folding stock. Such firearms require registration and a New Jersey license to possess. Any ammunition magazine capable of holding more than 15 rounds may only be possessed for a registered and licensed ``assault firearm''.
http://www.cjrpc.com/interstate_1.htm

I don;t think there is anything wrong with them but the people in charge are afraid of citizens who might have them in their possession. Control their access to guns and you control the people. The criminals will still have theirs but that doesn't matter. What is important is that you keep Old Joe running the corner grocery from having a weapon suitable for defending himself against a herd of gang bangers or Jack the Family Man from going to a range and relaxing by shooting off a few hundred rounds into a 100 yard target. Things were bad enough in Wisconsin with the Milwaukee/Madison Ninnies keeping people from arming themselves with concealed handguns and harassing those that open carried but at least I haven't seen anybody on the range getting castigated for their choice of weapons on the firing line.

Well I was asked not to bring my 300 Wby to the hunting rifle matches but that's okay, I had 7MM Rem Mag, 30-06 and .308 to fall back on.

M

McX

"Automatic" handgun? How come he gets a Glock 18 and I can't?:(

that's easy; 'cause your a small sea creature that dwells in the ocean, where a gun would get wet, and rust. plus you got no hands dude!

hey, isnt this supposed to be in the; another day, another shooting thread? talk about copyright infringement! think there was another shooting somewhere else, some guy with an handgun, and an AK like gun. yep, another glorious day, another shooting.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
that's easy; 'cause your a small sea creature that dwells in the ocean, where a gun would get wet, and rust. plus you got no hands dude!

hey, isnt this supposed to be in the; another day, another shooting thread? talk about copyright infringement! think there was another shooting somewhere else, some guy with an handgun, and an AK like gun. yep, another glorious day, another shooting.

:p