• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC picnic at Memorial Park -- Otsego 10/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adams182

OC picnic at Memorial Park in Otsego, MI Oct 6th @ 2PM

Michigan Open Carry, Inc is inviting you to join us for a picnic in the park in Otsego, MI. The park has a small pavilion with tables, more tables scattered about under the trees in shade, 3 grills, 2 playground areas, portable restrooms and baseball/basketball/tennis if you so choose. Events like these are a great way to learn more about open carry or if you have ever wanted to try open carrying but have been nervous this is your chance to start by being around others who will be openly carrying as well. These events are always a good time and if you know someone who is curious about open carry or would just like to come along feel free to bring whoever you would like, these events are open to the public and you need not be a member to join us. Children are also welcome to these events as well, so bring your family, bring your friends and come too what will most likley be the last outdoor event on the west side untill the spring.

Details.

Where:

Otsego Memorial Park
S Farmer St, Otsego, MI 49078
(MAP) http://mapq.st/UgAhQ1

When:

Saturday October 6th @ 2PM

We hope to see plenty of you there, If you have any questions please feel free to contact myself at adamsryan182@yahoo.com or simply reply in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adams182

Forgot to mention the pavilion only has 2 or 3 tables so depending on how many show up you may want to bring a chair if you have one. And I can bring the following Items

Charcoal
Grill fork/tongs
Steaks
Buger & buns
Hotdogs & buns
Ketchup
Mustard
Relish
Assortment of chips

If anyone else comming would like to bring some plates/cups, plasticwear, drinks, and other dishes to pass would be appreciated

Adams182

Two days after surgery, but I hope to see you all, emphasis on 'see'!

Hope your surgery goes well and we 'see' you there as well!

Since this is in my neck of the woods I will try to make it as it will be my first oc event:banana:

Great! Hope you can make it.

Why do I always get scheduled to work on these dates!!

Hopefully we will see you at the next one!

BUMP

Well everyone I think we have people bringing everything we will need, all thats left is to bring yourself and come have a good time in good company! Here is a list of what everyone is bringing so far, if you can think of anything else or want to bring a dish to pass that would be great and very appreciated. See you in a couple days!

Charcoal
Grill fork/tongs
Steaks
Buger & buns
Hotdogs & buns
Ketchup
Mustard
Relish
Assortment of chips
Plastic wear/plates/cups
5 2-liters

Adams182

Well I'm going to head up shortly and hold the pavillion. The weather is not optimal but it looks like we will top out at maybe 50 and the clouds look like they may breakup a little bit. What a beautiful fall day:cool:

rdbpratt

School?

St.Margret's school is right by that location, so I am assuming that it is 1,000 feet away from the park?

Adams182

St.Margret's school is right by that location, so I am assuming that it is 1,000 feet away from the park?

The 1000 foot FGFSZ I believe shouldn't have come into play here, seeing as either through a CPL or PP one would have aquired a "license to carry" Sorry I don't know exactly what the cite is but I'm sure someone has it handy.

chilly? That is called cold my friend!

Yes, cold it was. I want to say thanks to everyone who decided to make the trip and brave the michigan weather! Next month we will be inside for sure!! Thanks again it was nice to see you all and a few new faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.