Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fashion statement

Fashion statement

Ok, so I have a 1911 and wonder if anyone knows any pants that have a picket big enough to hold it. I usually wear a Serpa with it but just kind of curious.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Fashion statement

Why in the world would you want to put a 1911 in your pocket? I don't even think cargo pant pockets would hold one...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Hahaha. Why, might I ask? Try cargo pants? For my Glock, when I CC, I sometimes use a pocket holster. Let me tell you from experience that putting a full size Glock 22 in a pocket does not work well, so I doubt a 1911 would.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

A very few instances where I have to tuck in my shirt in a city that restricts OC, as where I must attend this event and no way in hell am I going to this city unarmed.
    Now I have other weapons I can carry, but its my 1911. Thats like leaving your favorite puppy dog at home.
    That would be the reason.

Suit? Casual? Can you conceal?
    Last edited by MainelyGlock; 08-31-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Once more into the fray.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Casual; pants and polo shirt.

Suit wouldnt be a problem since the suit coat would cover up my serpa(s). However I am not a suit owner.

I may wear a shirt with one of them button up things. Its for a wedding in St Louis City. I dont like St Louis City.

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    Casual; pants and polo shirt.

Suit wouldnt be a problem since the suit coat would cover up my serpa(s). However I am not a suit owner.

I may wear a shirt with one of them button up things. Its for a wedding in St Louis City. I dont like St Louis City.
    Yikes. See if you can stuff a Mossy 590 down your pants leg if that's where you're headed.

Only thing I can think of is an ankle holster, but that'd be really obvious with a 1911.
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler

Re: Fashion statement

A very few instances where I have to tuck in my shirt in a city that restricts OC, as where I must attend this event and no way in hell am I going to this city unarmed.
    Now I have other weapons I can carry, but its my 1911. Thats like leaving your favorite puppy dog at home.
    That would be the reason.
    Get a tuckable IWB. I have a crossbreed supertuck deluxe for my Glock 21. I love it. Don't use it much anymore because I'm OC'ing but its an awesome holster. You can find cheap holsters of the same style just about anywhere especially for a 1911.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    Get a tuckable IWB. I have a crossbreed supertuck deluxe for my Glock 21. I love it. Don't use it much anymore because I'm OC'ing but its an awesome holster. You can find cheap holsters of the same style just about anywhere especially for a 1911.

I didn't want to wait for one, so I found one made by Galco that cost about $50. It's super comfortable to wear, even with a duty pistol.
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler

I have wondered about IWB because I fit my pants pretty well, and dont have much room to spare. Always thought you needed larger pants to wear around the waste.

I have wondered about IWB because I fit my pants pretty well, and dont have much room to spare. Always thought you needed larger pants to wear around the waste.
    I carry a 1911 in an IWB. No problems....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

It works best to wear a size bigger then you need most of the time. I guess your only other options would be a shoulder or ancle rig. I have a cop friend who has an air marshal 3 by http://kangaroocarry.com/. I thought about one before I started OC'ing everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CCinMaine View Post
    It works best to wear a size bigger then you need most of the time. I guess your only other options would be a shoulder or ancle rig. I have a cop friend who has an air marshal 3 by http://kangaroocarry.com/. I thought about one before I started OC'ing everywhere.

Those look pretty sweet, actually. If I ever wore overshirts. How does he like it?
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Those look pretty sweet, actually. If I ever wore overshirts. How does he like it?
    He loves it. Wears his all the time. Its all cotton so you don't have to wear anything under it. And they have a model with a sacrificial seam so you can carry with any lights, lasers, ect.

Well I cannot believe I did this but I pulled on a pair of my EOTAC operators.
    I do where them or the Woolrich versions almost daily, usually the Grey or Khaki color for work.
    This is an XD9 5” model so could it be done yes, would I do it? Not regularly.
    At work same pants with a Crossbreed and Loopers belt.

Last edited by pfries; 08-31-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Damn...Didn't EOTAC go out of business?

Not sure but at the price point of 17.99 to 19.99, comfort and overall quality I hope not.
    Several of the khakis I own are 3+ years old and still in great shape.
    Last edited by pfries; 09-01-2012 at 12:29 PM.

They did close up. hardly any clothing left. I own some tactical shirts and love them.

Damn...Didn't EOTAC go out of business?
    Unfortunately yes, and just when I find out that they had some polo shirts just Perfect for the pistol carrier who wants/needs a discreet way to carry a recorder.
    Note the zippered pocket on the left sleeve - -

yes i bought 4 of those shirts during their closeout. they are great. also have a pen holder by that pocket. i dont use the pocket much but use the pen holder at work all the time.

i can sell them for the low low price of 100.00$ per shirt. supply and demand

Ok, so I have a 1911 and wonder if anyone knows any pants that have a picket big enough to hold it. I usually wear a Serpa with it but just kind of curious.
    Is your 1911 a competition 6 inch, a 5 inch combat, a 4 inch officer, or a 3 inch subcompact?

There is a company making break-away pocketed pants/trousers. I've yet to contact them to see about a review product because I personally wasn't comfortable with the pop-foward motion to unsnap them. It's like anything else, train with it and it's a non-issue.

http://ccwbreakaways.com/

Eotac out of business? Crap, that's the first concealment vest that didn't feel like I was wearing cardboard and it didn't dig into my neck line.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 09-05-2012 at 12:38 AM.

it is a 4inch GI model fUll frame.

90$ FOR 1 PAIR...OUCH.

I agree Kyle, that's quite a lot for those trousers and I can only imagine the comments that were held by this particular crowd on that one.

You could always find a nice fitting pair of jeans or tac pants that fit with a bit of room and have them modified.

You can check out CCW Breakaways here

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/

I'll warn you ahead of time you'll be looking at around $90 before shipping.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    You can check out CCW Breakaways here

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/

I'll warn you ahead of time you'll be looking at around $90 before shipping.
    Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast