• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Daughter's first day with her new SR9

Blue996tt

Just had to post this, we when to Guns and Ammo today. First time she gets to shoot her birthday present.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346457821.879913.jpg

Rollbar

Mu daughter bought one and the trigger gets better w/use. Nice carry gun tooooooooooooooooooooo.

BOOMcat12B

Good choice on a firearm.... I have never shot the SR9 but my EDC is a SR40C and I could not be happier with how Ruger made these pistols.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Sorry that is my bad grammar showing through. Adam is the fella at guns and ammo garage.

So I went in there G A G and looked around, I saw a FN PS90 on the wall for $799.00 It was the LEO only price. The rest of us pay approx. double that While I am not here to tell a private business how to operate, I also realize that for every customer that they do not mke a profit on..... they have to make it up somewhere. so not only are we paying for the police when they do good, defending them when they don't, if we support businesses with LEO prices we are paying the premium so they don't have to.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
And these are almost expressly for their personal use, not duty. Some of the manufacturer's do not require you even have an armed job to get the "LEO" discount, including, among others, all TSA employees. Go figure. But I think these "LEO" discounts come from the manufacturers through certain dealers that participate, I'm not sure now who all is having to spread the wealth around to cover them.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

So I went in there G A G and looked around, I saw a FN PS90 on the wall for $799.00 It was the LEO only price. The rest of us pay approx. double that While I am not here to tell a private business how to operate, I also realize that for every customer that they do not mke a profit on..... they have to make it up somewhere. so not only are we paying for the police when they do good, defending them when they don't, if we support businesses with LEO prices we are paying the premium so they don't have to.

I do think that those come from manufacture not the local guy doing the pricing. We would have a hard time buying from any dealer as they all offer it sometimes. Even the online guys. I will Adam has always been one to stand up for us OC guys. I dont think he ever posted here but he did a lot on the other forum. And Adam does not have any issues if you order from a online source and ship it to him. I have had attitude from other shops over that, but Adam is upfront and says if he cant meet the price he will help out in other ways. And Adam will deal as well. He has worked some deals for me and others.

Vegassteve

And these are almost expressly for their personal use, not duty. Some of the manufacturer's do not require you even have an armed job to get the "LEO" discount, including, among others, all TSA employees. Go figure. But I think these "LEO" discounts come from the manufacturer's through certain dealers that participate, I'm not sure now who all is having to spread the wealth around to cover them.

And EMTs get the price and private guards etc. Heck many manufactures offer military discounts even if you retired 30 years ago.

Blue996tt

Everyone over at G&A are nice, such a different vibe there then all the other ranges I've been to. I end up over at least twice a week practicing.