• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man dead after confrontation with Tacoma police officer

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I knew this guy, not real well. We were in the same unit at Ft. Lewis. So if we can drop the crack head/scumbug references I would appreciate it. Let's get some more facts first.

KBCraig

I knew this guy, not real well. We were in the same unit at Ft. Lewis.

Then you probably know Stringer. He told me about this case just a couple of nights ago, and said he didn't believe Gavin would be violent towards his girlfriend, or resist the police.

To me, given the character references I've heard, I think we have another Erik Scott/Costco situation, where miscommunication and willingness to use deadly force quickly clashed with bad consequences.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Then you probably know Stringer. He told me about this case just a couple of nights ago, and said he didn't believe Gavin would be violent towards his girlfriend, or resist the police.

To me, given the character references I've heard, I think we have another Erik Scott/Costco situation, where miscommunication and willingness to use deadly force quickly clashed with bad consequences.

Maybe or maybe not. The opinions of personal friends will not negate that the GF made a call for help, though now she seems to have "buyer's remorse". Nothing has indicated whether she had any physical injuries either.

Hopefully we shall be able to hear that tape and see any dash cam evidence before this is over.

Still waiting for something concrete.

sudden valley gunner

I knew this guy, not real well. We were in the same unit at Ft. Lewis. So if we can drop the crack head/scumbug references I would appreciate it. Let's get some more facts first.

My crackhead analogy was not meant to be about the persons/people in this account. It was just a list about who I would trust first. I apologize if it seemed that I was.

Yes we need more info first.