• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Sound Range Day

boosteddreams

I'm in. I may or may not be able to shoot anything bigger than a .22, but I don't want to miss this! I'll see you guys there. :)

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I'm in. If anyone want's to shoot my guns bring some ammo. I have an AR15 in .223/556, RIA 1911A1 .45 ACP, Savage Bolt Action .22LR, and Sig .40. Look forward to seeing you all there.

38or45

Cookies have been baked, we've got water ready to go, sitters ready for the kids, and we're grabbing the rest of the stuff on the way. We've got .38spl, .454/.410/.45colt and 12ga if anyone wants to bring their own to use ours. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to finish another beer or two and hit the hay. See you all tomorrow!

07Altima

Just made something AWESOME

I just for the first time ever made 5 Waxer slugs for my shotty. I am so excited to see how they perform, going to let people take a look, these things are found to be the most bad ass of all shotty rounds. Running numbers from a couple universities claim that it can transfer as much as 95% of its energy to target.

The reason they say it can do this is the same reason sand stops most rounds even .50 in just a few inches, just as the sand takes and spreads the energy over its mass, the mass of shot breaking apart as it penetrates the target can reach anywhere from around 82%, and has high as 95% of energy transfer. The numbers show that until it hits a soft target or a very very solid target the shot tends to hold together, going through such things as grass or branches, and things like 6 to 8 sheets of drywall.

The videos on Youtube are awesome, one guy was being dumb A. holding his muzzle down the slug slipped forward because he didnt make a wax cap, and it got lodged in the barrel, he didn't check it, and then fired, and it blew a hole out the front of his shotty. What happened was that as the slug slipped down the barrel the powder came loose and left a trail in the barrel. the slug was lodged in the barrel, and it in turn made his barrel blow up.

So these are suppose to be used with caution, however it seems many have been dumb with them. I followed the step by step instructions posted on Youtube by Iraqveteran8888 he shows how to do them the right way, and not be a tard, they also did some really heavy loaded slugs in a single shot, shotgun they basically took the cup out, then removed the wad, then put the cup back, and loaded it up with a double waxxer.

The weight came in at 2oz. those are insane, they measured the muzzle pressure, at more than triple that of a normal 2 1/2 in. shot shell, it was an amazing vid. well cant wait to see what one does to our watermelon ;)

If these five do a good job I wont be buying the high cost slugs for anything other than hunting, I will just go for #7, 8, or 9 the smaller the shot I hear the better the transfer, I am using #7 so we shall see how they turn out :) hope to see you all tomorrow wife's bringing the cookies, and some water :)

FMJ 911

Showed up at the Gate, which was locked. So SigGuy 23 and I headed back into Monroe, picked up 2 Discover Passes, then headed toward Sedro-Wooley. My goodness, that place is turning into a dump again!

07Altima

We went off to

we went off to a new place found a nice place to shoot out in Sultan :) so we will have to head out there some time.

badkarma

Hey all, I'm really sorry the PIT didn't work out. I had checked the second gate and it was open to I chose not to publicize it in case DNR was watching the forum. I guess they already knew. How was the Sultan location? Any details would be great. Keep it in PM though.