• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Sound Range Day

07Altima

So for any one who wants to go shooting as a group this is the post for that, I am hoping to find a day that works best for the most people to include most of us east sound coffee people.

So agenda is going to be 1. finding a day to go 2. addressing safety 3. seeing who can do chairs or a table 4. those who will volunteer to help be range safety.

Also we will need a list of those who are willing to let others shoot their firearms under their supervision, and those who would like to refrain from others using their firearms.

Having met you guys all so far has lead me to believe that I think all of us have common sense, but its wise to range safeties, and to restate to use courtesy when we go out.
I am looking to make this a positive experience for every one. We will also need some to stick around, and clean up afterwards, would like to see every one at the very least police
their own shells, and spent casings after we are finish, as for the putting the table away or chairs that can be who ever wants to stay, and help with that. I also will look at getting a sign up for it
at the location, ill see about some yellow plastic tape to lay down as the firing line.

If this goes well, I would like to see about having atleast our coffee group do a camp out off mountain loop next year some time. its not a pay site or reservation area so figuring it will be most our small
coffee group we can find space for a few tents, and we should have one where we can share space in due to size, currently have a cabin, but looking at getting an instatent cabin. Either way
looking forward to a "Range Day" at the very least.

So let the discussion begin :monkey

07Altima

I assume

I can assume that you meant 9/15 :D its all good long day for most today. well 9/15 sounds good should give people enough time to read about it, and post any questions, can do these as often as people would like to. I know I would be fine with it.

07Altima

K so going to put this out there

I have enough 454 for my Raging Judge to let a few people take a few shots little 45, might shoot one or 2 of the 5 410. I have left. Also the wife has some 38. for her little gun rofl, got enough for my PA 459 Weatherby Reaper, any one who wants can pick up extra 12 gauge box of 100 for like 20 buck at wall mart I will bring my ammo to so we can shoot some of that up, any one who brings shells is free to shoot mine as long as I get to watch, If you want to bring any spare 45, 454 or 410 you can shoot out of the raging judge feel free, my RJ can shoot any size 410. so feel free to use anything can handle leverevolution stuff too because of the longer cylinder, she is far more accurate than most people think even more so with the 45. Anyway hope to hear from others on this subject as well :)

FMJ 911

I really want to do this group shoot! I have a nice big table, so everyone is free to use it.

I'll bring Brownies and cold drinks if anyone is interested, and if not, more for me! :)

Now the hard part is deciding what firearms to bring along. I can't bring more than 6 (3 Handguns & 3 Long-Guns) , so that will be a tough one for sure!

badkarma

Robert had a great collect the last shoot. It was all WaGuns members at the shoot. We made a fire line and everyone was cool with cease fire. I will bring my new steel. I hope we can get a good turn out from OCDO.

07Altima

have to choose :)

having to choose only six man that does suck im not up to even six yet so you have me beat, just so every one knows what my shotgun looks like in case you want to bring your own.
Not sure if I did the link right but these are pictures of one just like mine.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=7&f=137&t=1006062

any way this should take you to photos of the shot gun,the photos are not of mine but mine looks just like it. Mine has yet to be fired.

I can also pick up a box of clays if some one has a thrower. I know mine is meant for home defense, and body targets but I dont think it makes much difference once you figure out the sites :)

acmariner99

I'm down for the 15th. My babies need some fresh air. Have we decided on where yet? Oh, and I'll be at west coast this morning.

07Altima

I only know of one location

however its way out there, so hoping some one knows of one closer than Darington hoping we can find something anyway I think it may turn out to have a good show, just not too sure where yet :)

FMJ 911

As far away as it is, Sedro-Wooley is still an option to consider. SigGuy23 & I had a pretty good turnout for the May 19th Clean & Shoot event. Not to mention Sedro-Wooley is a nice large shooting spot.

07Altima

So now all we need is

Just need to figure the location, and try, and get as many of us east sounders to go as possible :)

badkarma

Thank you Slapmonkay.

We will plan on meeting at 10:45 at the Duvall Market http://maps.google.com/maps?q=duval...&cid=0,0,1923355221651114521&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A
This is mainly for anyone who has not been to the Pit before. It is about a 10 minute drive from there between Monroe and Duvall. You WILL need a Discovery pass.

If you pack it in, you need to pack it out. That includes milk jugs, target stands, paper etc... Bring a trash bag or 2 please.

I'm a fair weather shooter, so if it is raining, cold/freezing, thunder storms, hurricane, typhoon, blizzard... I will not be going. I do not have a canopy to set up but if you have one it is nice.

It has worked out well in the past as we made a fire line and had non-forum folks who had no problem sharing the pit. Simple rules were, no show and tell while people were down range, everyone shot from the firing line, treat every gun as it was loaded so no flagging people while moving weapons.

I just bought my steel targets but have yet to mount them to anything. If you have target stands or make shift targets holders then bring it as I found it impossible to staple paper plates to dirt or rocks.

Last edited:

Levi

I'm 90% sure I can make this. I have several firearms chambered for .22lr I'd be happy to let people shoot, both hand guns and rifles. I also have a nice .357 revolver. I should be able to bring some things to shoot at too. I have a bouncing target, a metal gong, and some small clays.

My motorcycle can't haul much more than that but I'd like to set up a stand for paper targets. One would be easy enough to throw together with some 2x2, card board, and wood screws.

38or45

I'll bring some of my famous baked goods (I take requests) to the shoot as long as someone's got a table to set them up on. We've also got a cooler that we can probably fill with some ice and maybe some bottled water? It's small though, so I wouldn't rely on it to last for all of us if there are more than a few going.

I'm game to let anyone fire a few rounds out of my little .38spl, and you're all free to laugh at my first time with the 12ga!

badkarma

I'm not bringing a table so if someone wants that then I suggest you secure one. I'm working on a steel target stand for some AR500 plate I just bought.

38or45

I really want to do this group shoot! I have a nice big table, so everyone is free to use it.

I'll bring Brownies and cold drinks if anyone is interested, and if not, more for me! :)

Now the hard part is deciding what firearms to bring along. I can't bring more than 6 (3 Handguns & 3 Long-Guns) , so that will be a tough one for sure!

I believe there's already a table being brought. Worst case scenario, I can look like a sketchy back-alley sweets dealer and serve them out of my trunk. :lol:

I'm going to check the gun shop in Woodinville this week to see if I can find any more cheap plinking ammo for my .38spl, I think I've only got 50 rounds left, if that.