Thread: NRA looking for information on OC problems.

NRA looking for information on OC problems.

I have been asked to post this. Yeh, yeh, I know, NRA, but maybe it can do us some good. We should be able to give them a boat load from the past several years. It says NRA members but even if you are not, send it to them anyway. How about the guy recently arrested for no registration? I'm sorry, I can't remember your handle.

TBG

Nevada: Your Assistance is Needed! Please Notify the NRA Regarding Interactions Between Gun Owners and Clark County Law Enforcement Officers
    As part of an information-gathering effort, the National Rifle Association is seeking first-person accounts of official stops or encounters between members of the firearms community and Clark County law enforcement officers. We are inviting NRA members to email us with direct personal information pertinent to concealed carry weapons (CCW) permit holders and lawful gun owners that have been stopped or cited while traveling through the city of North Las Vegas as well as those that have had issues navigating the firearms registration process in Clark County. Please do not construe this as an invitation to bash or send general complaints about the Las Vegas law enforcement community. We are seeking factual and concise information about firearm-related incidents only.

If you, or anyone you know, has had law enforcement contact regarding firearms that does not include unrelated criminal charges, please take the time to email us at Slocal@nrahq.org.
    Please note that communicating your information to us should not create any expectation of the NRA's involvement in a legal matter. Again, this is an information-gathering effort only.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Where was "open carry" was mentioned by the NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Ok, here it comes, and I knew it would.

"Regarding Interactions Between Gun Owners and Clark County Law Enforcement Officers"

"first-person accounts of official stops or encounters between members of the firearms community and Clark County law enforcement officers."

" and lawful gun owners that have been stopped or cited while traveling through the city of North Las Vegas as well as those that have had issues navigating the firearms registration process in Clark County."

Those statements seem clear to me, and hey, I was asked to post this on opencarry.org so I guess they are interested in open carry stories as well.

TBG

P.S. There are a bunch of open carry folks here who also have the permission slip in their hip pocket.
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 09-01-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: addition/clarification

I got that email on thursday. I immediately fired the question back asking if they would take OC issues with leo as well. I have not heard back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    I got that email on thursday. I immediately fired the question back asking if they would take OC issues with leo as well. I have not heard back.
    Most of us know that the NRA is not exactly pro open carry. They have worked hard against it at least in IA where they had their permission slip only legislation up at the same time as constitutional carry.

Why don't we just show them that we are here, we are a force, we are not going away and they need to deal with us.

I have made no bones of my feelings for the NRA but if I can use them to help us get what we want and need here in NV, even in some small way, I say lets go for it. We are out nothing.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    ...I immediately fired the question back asking if they would take OC issues with leo as well...
    It would be better not to ask, but just GIVE them our issues, as asked for.

I don't have any OC issues, fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

But I can give them several first-person accounts of the insane things I've encountered with the registration program.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    It would be better not to ask, but just GIVE them our issues, as asked for.

I don't have any OC issues, fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

But I can give them several first-person accounts of the insane things I've encountered with the registration program.
    I was assured that they DO want our OC stories and they Do want info from non NRA members as well.

TBG

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    I was assured that they DO want our OC stories...
    Maybe you can get them interested in our OC stories outside Nevada!

Sabotage had a run in some months ago and recorded it. I believe it would be a good one. Of course his call to contact or not contact NRA .

NRA looking for information on OC problems.

How about video(s)? My wife and Merlin have video of us being denied access to Vegas StrEats...
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

So they've "thrown us a bone." I'm sorry... I couldn't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    How about video(s)? My wife and Merlin have video of us being denied access to Vegas StrEats...
    Send them a email telling the story and let them know you have video.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    "concealed carry weapons (CCW) permit holders and lawful gun owners"

They are differentiating between CCW and other gun owners, including both areas of interest.

This could be either an indication of including OC or simply poor wording. If we give them a lot of responses regarding OC, they they have to decide whether to pay attention or not, so give them what you've got.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    I was asked to post this on opencarry.org so I guess they are interested in open carry stories as well.
    Not necessarily, but let's treat them as if they are and see what happens.

I'm skeptical, but always leave room for them to straighten up and fly right.

Re: NRA looking for information on OC problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DooFster View Post
    I plan on getting the video together from Streets. Again, not necessarily a gun thing right now, but they might be interested. Same with the gun show.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    ---
    Carry On

I decided I will send them a letter outlining the problems that Tim and I face when we go to METRO to conduct the Courts business, That should be a barometer for where the NRA really stands when rights are at issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DON`T TREAD ON ME View Post
    ...That should be a barometer ...
    A barometer. As in the same device used to measure altitude, right?

Here's how the NRA will use your barometer to measure altitude: Drop it and time the fall.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-02-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

A barometer is used to measure atmospheric pressure. An altimeter is used to indicate altitude. The altimeter can take barometric readings to adjust for accurate altitude above sea level.

But this isn't what it means here. ;o)

I don't know where/when this phrase was started, but generally it means to check if it's taken good or bad, just like a barometer indicates the coming of good weather (rise in atmospheric pressure) or bad weather (fall in atmospheric pressure).
    Last edited by FallonJeeper; 09-02-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    Hoka hey

Quote Originally Posted by FallonJeeper View Post
    ...The altimeter can take barometric readings...
    Yes, I was using my literary license for this meaning. Damn, it's not so funny anymore...

We continue to have OC problems in Ohio - which I will be communicating with the NRA about. If any of you fellows gets a response to your Nevada issues, please post that fact.

We continue to have OC problems in Ohio - which I will be communicating with the NRA about. If any of you fellows gets a response to your Nevada issues, please post that fact.
    You need to contact your state NRA affiliated association and your NRA Liaison.

TBG

I'm a life member.
    I hardly ever have any contact with LE lately. a few yrs ago when I was a Taxi /driver in Reno it happened all the time.
    One cop called my company and snitched me out! Trying to get me fired!

Anyway, how about the closure area of public roads and the BLM prohibiting my freedom on the road I live on ( see BLM/burningman thread)
    would they help there?

Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    I'm a life member.
    I hardly ever have any contact with LE lately. a few yrs ago when I was a Taxi /driver in Reno it happened all the time.
    One cop called my company and snitched me out! Trying to get me fired!

Anyway, how about the closure area of public roads and the BLM prohibiting my freedom on the road I live on ( see BLM/burningman thread)
    would they help there?
    Email the link in the post and ask. We are all as much in the dark as you.