• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA looking for information on OC problems.

The Big Guy

I have been asked to post this. Yeh, yeh, I know, NRA, but maybe it can do us some good. We should be able to give them a boat load from the past several years. It says NRA members but even if you are not, send it to them anyway. How about the guy recently arrested for no registration? I'm sorry, I can't remember your handle.

TBG

Nevada: Your Assistance is Needed! Please Notify the NRA Regarding Interactions Between Gun Owners and Clark County Law Enforcement Officers
As part of an information-gathering effort, the National Rifle Association is seeking first-person accounts of official stops or encounters between members of the firearms community and Clark County law enforcement officers. We are inviting NRA members to email us with direct personal information pertinent to concealed carry weapons (CCW) permit holders and lawful gun owners that have been stopped or cited while traveling through the city of North Las Vegas as well as those that have had issues navigating the firearms registration process in Clark County. Please do not construe this as an invitation to bash or send general complaints about the Las Vegas law enforcement community. We are seeking factual and concise information about firearm-related incidents only.

If you, or anyone you know, has had law enforcement contact regarding firearms that does not include unrelated criminal charges, please take the time to email us at Slocal@nrahq.org.
Please note that communicating your information to us should not create any expectation of the NRA's involvement in a legal matter. Again, this is an information-gathering effort only.

The Big Guy

Where was "open carry" was mentioned by the NRA?

Ok, here it comes, and I knew it would.

"Regarding Interactions Between Gun Owners and Clark County Law Enforcement Officers"

"first-person accounts of official stops or encounters between members of the firearms community and Clark County law enforcement officers."

" and lawful gun owners that have been stopped or cited while traveling through the city of North Las Vegas as well as those that have had issues navigating the firearms registration process in Clark County."

Those statements seem clear to me, and hey, I was asked to post this on opencarry.org so I guess they are interested in open carry stories as well.

TBG

P.S. There are a bunch of open carry folks here who also have the permission slip in their hip pocket.

Last edited:

Vegassteve

I got that email on thursday. I immediately fired the question back asking if they would take OC issues with leo as well. I have not heard back.

The Big Guy

I got that email on thursday. I immediately fired the question back asking if they would take OC issues with leo as well. I have not heard back.

Most of us know that the NRA is not exactly pro open carry. They have worked hard against it at least in IA where they had their permission slip only legislation up at the same time as constitutional carry.

Why don't we just show them that we are here, we are a force, we are not going away and they need to deal with us.

I have made no bones of my feelings for the NRA but if I can use them to help us get what we want and need here in NV, even in some small way, I say lets go for it. We are out nothing.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...I immediately fired the question back asking if they would take OC issues with leo as well...

It would be better not to ask, but just GIVE them our issues, as asked for.

I don't have any OC issues, fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

But I can give them several first-person accounts of the insane things I've encountered with the registration program.

The Big Guy

It would be better not to ask, but just GIVE them our issues, as asked for.

I don't have any OC issues, fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

But I can give them several first-person accounts of the insane things I've encountered with the registration program.

I was assured that they DO want our OC stories and they Do want info from non NRA members as well.

TBG

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Where was "open carry" was mentioned by the NRA?

"concealed carry weapons (CCW) permit holders and lawful gun owners"

They are differentiating between CCW and other gun owners, including both areas of interest.

This could be either an indication of including OC or simply poor wording. If we give them a lot of responses regarding OC, they they have to decide whether to pay attention or not, so give them what you've got.

Merlin

How about video(s)? My wife and Merlin have video of us being denied access to Vegas StrEats...

I plan on getting the video together from Streets. Again, not necessarily a gun thing right now, but they might be interested. Same with the gun show.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I decided I will send them a letter outlining the problems that Tim and I face when we go to METRO to conduct the Courts business, That should be a barometer for where the NRA really stands when rights are at issue.

FallonJeeper

A barometer is used to measure atmospheric pressure. An altimeter is used to indicate altitude. The altimeter can take barometric readings to adjust for accurate altitude above sea level.

But this isn't what it means here. ;o)

I don't know where/when this phrase was started, but generally it means to check if it's taken good or bad, just like a barometer indicates the coming of good weather (rise in atmospheric pressure) or bad weather (fall in atmospheric pressure).

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
We continue to have OC problems in Ohio - which I will be communicating with the NRA about. If any of you fellows gets a response to your Nevada issues, please post that fact.