• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What happened to some of our stickies?

autosurgeon

This is a prime reason why MOC has our own forum. The all powerful mods dumped the following useful stickies without asking anyone in MI.

Open Carry Guide Project.

Wash Rinse Repeat Link

The four MSP Legal Updates that discuss OC

I am sure there are others I am missing. I submit the reason is these stickies are not driving page views and since page views mean advertising revenue.....

In the early days of OC in MI OCDO used to be a useful site however it is more and more becoming a joke where people rant at each other and nothing useful is posted. I have long ago stopped referring people here as the useful information to crap ratio is so out of whack. And now most of the useful information is gone in one fell swoop.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
This is a prime reason why MOC has our own forum. The all powerful mods dumped the following useful stickies without asking anyone in MI.

Wash Rinse Repeat Link

I am sure there are others I am missing. I submit the reason is these stickies are not driving page views and since page views mean advertising revenue.....

In the early days of OC in MI OCDO used to be a useful site however it is more and more becoming a joke where people rant at each other and nothing useful is posted. I have long ago stopped referring people here as the useful information to crap ratio is so out of whack. And now most of the useful information is gone in one fell swoop.

If nobody is looking, what value do they have?

TheQ

Wash Rinse Repeat Link

I've asked them to pull some stickies, but none of the ones you referenced. FWIW, WRR is still there.

Last edited:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
They are there to refer people to the info in one placeplace.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, but if no one was looking at them, why would the forum keep them?:confused:

There was earlier discussion about page views; if low or non existent, it makes sense. Anybody got any data?

autosurgeon

The stickies that were removed were primarily to help new ocers get up to speed without having to ask the same old questions over and over. They were also a resource to be used for citation when answering a new ocers questions. They were never intended to get huge page views. In fact most people would only go there once and read the info. They are not generally exciting enough to develop a great following but that has little to do with how useful the informational is.

Imop this site has forgotten that education is why it exists... and if it wants to be another arfcom so be it...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ken243

TheQ

Which is why today I became a paid member....

Where's the "like" button?

I think you'll find the signal to noise ratio lower on the MOC Forum (despite certain posters not being routinely banned there -- but certain other posters are).

ken243

I think you'll find the signal to noise ratio lower on the MOC Forum (despite certain posters not being routinely banned there -- but certain other posters are).

Nice choice of words. :banana:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator

Yep, because some of those banned here like to disregard the owners wishes that they not post here by lying about who they are. They come here to make as many personal attacks as they can until the mods discover their presence. Their behavior is worse than that which they wish to criticize, which further reflects poorly on everyone at both websites.

Ezerharden