• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packwood, WA & Swap Meet Weekend

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Spent the day wearing my Guns & Coffee Tshirt and my Sig on my hip.

Some strange looks, some happy faces, some, OMG he's wearing a gun looks....

I had some really good interactions with the public, passed out some business cards and pamphlets. One lady tried to sneak some pics but her shutter noise gave her away, so I just smile and posed for her.

Had a 5 min conversation with a guy who loves the idea of us OC'ing. He said folks "need to get use to the idea."

Saw a pistol for sale that I would loved to have bought but it was just a bit out of my budget right now.
Colt Woodsman, 1st/2nd year issue, 3 digit serial number

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Spent the day wearing my Guns & Coffee Tshirt and my Sig on my hip.

Some strange looks, some happy faces, some, OMG he's wearing a gun looks....

I had some really good interactions with the public, passed out some business cards and pamphlets. One lady tried to sneak some pics but her shutter noise gave her away, so I just smile and posed for her.

Had a 5 min conversation with a guy who loves the idea of us OC'ing. He said folks "need to get use to the idea."

Saw a pistol for sale that I would loved to have bought but it was just a bit out of my budget right now.
Colt Woodsman, 1st/2nd year issue, 3 digit serial number

Wish I had run into you! Spent several hours Saturday walking around Packwood OC. No hassles, nobody running and screaming. Saw one other OC'er in passing, but he wasn't wearing a Guns & Coffee Tshirt. Someone I was with also spotted a lady OC'n a revolver, but I missed her.

Camped for the weekend at the Indian Creek Campground over by Rimrock lake, OC the whole time there with no problems. Overall a great weekend.