• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

burningman BLM creates no gun zone on public roads 5 miles away from event

chrsjhnsn

I have no idea about the closures and how it works but I will tell you Burningman is a special gathering of individuals.
he thought I was sneaking out avoiding the traffic on 8 mile.

So Chrs will you be joining us on the playa in a couple of weeks for some world class rocketry? We always welcome the OC although some Bay Area people are still nervous
they are getting better. If you do be sure to look me up just find the yellow Hummer H1 and say hi.

according to the map we are supposed to be able to use the playa public roads. ....

Thanks for the rocket invite! I will certainly try to meet ya, when is it happening?
A year or two ago there was a hippie girl I was talking to in Gerlach when the rocket stuff was happening-she pointed at the sky asking "whats that"

I told her it was the start of ww3 and it was a "ballistic nuclear missile" she believed for a few minutes too.

wrightme

I just found the link and info to AeroPac. Is that what you are talking about? If I understand correctly, us non-members are welcome to view? I plan to come up from Fallon for the Saturday, MAYBE camping with my son. Yes, OC.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
So BLM can just make gun free zones wherever they want? I agree, kick BLM out of NV. If burning man means converting public land into a place where you go to jail for having a gun, then I say get rid of Burning Man if we can't get rid of BLM. Burning Man is a cool event, but not worth allowing federal gun bans in our state for. I don't care what the owners of a private or event rented property set as far as there rules, so long as it is merely an issue of being asked to leave the property. Being sent behind bars or facing fines to the government for crossing an imaginary line, that is intolerable.

Last edited: