Thread: izzy's buffet

Exclamation izzy's buffet

Wrote this complaint to there corporate website.

I was rudely told to leave by the manager lady. Didnt get a name. Situation was my freind, 2 sons, and i were eating dinner on our way home from madras, we live in lincoln city. I was up making a salad and had a bowl of soup in hand when this lady approached me and said "you cant have your gun here" i replied "says who." Since i didnt see any posted signs stating no firearms i open carried as usual. The lady replied back "me, the manager". So as i was halfway through making my salad i handed her my plate since se was reaching for it and told her "ok i would like a refund". As we hadnt paid yet i gathered up my two sons age 2 and 3 and told my friend who also open carries a firearm lets go. Its unfortunate to the nice and courtious wait staff we left no tip for them sinc"e we were told to leave. I beleive this to be unjust and a violation of my constitutional rights as an american citizen. The ability to carry weapons is even allowed by our Oregon State Statute 166.170. Not to mention i do have a sheriff issued CHL. I would like to see something done about this incident. Thank you

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    It might help if you give a name of the manager and the location of the restaurant.

redmond

On the complaint form it had a section for time location and other info. I only posted the comment section... and i didnt get the managers name.

Banned
    I one really has a complaint to make then I recommend this:

Mail a demand letter, ask for $$$$, via their registered agent for the company (sec. of state website for info for most states)...

A lawyer will have to look at the letter & bill the company hundreds of dollars ..

$$$ matter to companies, nothing else...if they get 100 demand letters, that's 10K bucks ... they'll change their policy

izzy's buffet

I always recommend proof-reading a letter before it's sent. Letters that look professional, with proper spelling and grammar, generally get a better response. If you hadn't already sent this I would have been happy to fix the errors for you as I have for a number of other members on this site.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by nny420 View Post
    I beleive this to be unjust and a violation of my constitutional rights as an american citizen. [/I]
    Can you explain how it's a violation of your constitutional rights to not be allowed to carry your firearm on someone else's private property?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd
    I always recommend proof-reading a letter before it's sent. Letters that look professional, with proper spelling and grammar, generally get a better response. If you hadn't already sent this I would have been happy to fix the errors for you as I have for a number of other members on this site.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar
    Can you explain how it's a violation of your constitutional rights to not be allowed to carry your firearm on someone else's private property?
    +1
    Unfortunately, only certain civil rights are covered by nondiscrimination statutes, & the Second Amendment ain't one of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    Because they invited the public to be on their land maybe?

izzy's buffet

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What is your point? Yes, they invite you to come to their restaurant provide that you don't bring your gun. That's their private property right. Just as it's your right to carry your gun and go elsewhere.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

You're there by license. The conditions of the license can be set by the property owner. They can be changed at any time without notice. The license can also be revoked at any time without notice.

It's got nothing to do with constitutional rights. Any person writing that it does, either here or to some corporate headquarters, has no credibility.

im listening

Feel free to add some constructive criticism.
    i almost went to eat at the one here in newport maybe another free 1/2 meal.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    They invited people to be on their land as long as they don't carry a firearm. So again, how is it a violation of constitutional rights?

Answer: It isn't.

After my last dining experience at Izzy's, I wouldn't ever eat there again anyway.
    Last edited by Ironbar; 09-03-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    They invited people to be on their land as long as they don't carry a firearm. So again, how is it a violation of constitutional rights?

Answer: It isn't.

After my last dining experience at Izzy's, I wouldn't ever eat there again anyway.
    At the present time, in the state of Oregon, it is illegal for a business that is "open to the public" to tell a person of any ethnic or religious persuasion, that they cannot enter. It is also illegal to not make the premises accessible to handicapped. (ever wonder why businesses open to the public all have automatic doors? read the Americans with Disabilities Act. It's call the price of doing business with the general public.

There are other restrictions but those two will do to illustrate, a private property that is open to the public is NOT like your home. It is private only in ownership...when you open your business to the public, the rules change.

At the present time can you force someone that has opened their private property to the general public to allow you to carry? No, but that is totally within the realm of possibility...because it is property open to the public.

Everyone needs to stop considering a business open to the general public in the same manner you think of the "private property" that is not open to the general public, such as in your home. Understanding the preceding is why big companies, such as Wal-Mart, have a "state law" policy. Some states do not allow businesses to restrict that which is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    At the present time, in the state of Oregon, it is illegal for a business that is "open to the public" to tell a person of any ethnic or religious persuasion, that they cannot enter. It is also illegal to not make the premises accessible to handicapped. (ever wonder why businesses open to the public all have automatic doors? read the Americans with Disabilities Act. It's call the price of doing business with the general public.
    What the HELL does that have to do with bringing a firearm into a restaurant??

There are other restrictions but those two will do to illustrate, a private property that is open to the public is NOT like your home. It is private only in ownership...when you open your business to the public, the rules change.
    Ahhh no, it doesn't! If they don't want you in their business with your firearm, they're well within their rights to ask you to leave. Your refusal to do so constitutes trespassing.

At the present time can you force someone that has opened their private property to the general public to allow you to carry? No, but that is totally within the realm of possibility...because it is property open to the public.
    Herman, I'll to use small words so you can understand: A contradiction like this cannot exist, not in whole, nor in part.

Everyone needs to stop considering a business open to the general public in the same manner you think of the "private property" that is not open to the general public, such as in your home. Understanding the preceding is why big companies, such as Wal-Mart, have a "state law" policy. Some states do not allow businesses to restrict that which is legal.
    I guess you're not familiar with that nasty old saying, "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

While I have serious reservations about the authority of the federal government to force such issues as the Americans with Disabilites Act (ADA) or discrimination statutes based on race, ethnicity, etc. such is the current state of federal law. Therefore I must agree that, if you open your private property to the general public, you should have to respect ALL of their civil rights including the second amendment. What is the difference whether the civil right in question is skin tone, accessibility by the disabled, or the MOST BASIC HUMAN RIGHT OF SELF DEFENSE?

Put them on the "friend or foe" web site and, if you have the time and ability in such cases, picket them!
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Re: izzy's buffet

We had an OC lunch at Izzy's in Newberg. They did not have a problem with it at that location.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2