Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stopped x2 handcuffed seached gun and billfold taken threatened with DC/CCW revoked

stopped x2 handcuffed seached gun and billfold taken threatened with DC/CCW revoked

Went to Riverfest today and Newport PD stopped me said I couldn't leave and that they (3cops)
    wanted to talk with me. I said I didn't want to talk with them. Then the clp. made a phone call came back and gave the normal warning and said I could go. 2 hours later I went over to Bellevue Ky and had dinner
    as I am walking across the parking lot two bike cops stopped me playing good cop bad cop.
    Started asking want I was doing and why. I asked why I was being detained. They said they had compliants
    MWAG (I will post my tape and video shortly). Part of the video I had my camera in my hand handcuffed behind my back. They searched me, took my gun and wallet, called in my gun and driver's license, and called to see if I had a CCW Then he started threating me with arrest for DC and saying I had to tell them I had a CCW. Most of the time I tried not to say anything. Hard for me. After this, he put my wallet and gun back. The other cop put my mag and the ejected round in my shirt pocket and uncuffed me hurting my wrist. They said I could go and not to load the gun untill I was far away.
    I will be doing FOIA requests and letters to the chiefs and mayors.

Will post more later

Mike

I also think one reason he cuffed me was because of the camera.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    I also think one reason he cuffed me was because of the camera.

Mike

can't wait to see yoru video
    [FONT=Verdana]”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
    tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    [ ~Unknown

trying to it says file size to large help

Activist Member
    What is happening in KY that is causing all this madness? You and charley both need to sue these idiots! I find it odd that all of these arrests and illegal detainments are happening all of a sudden for OC!?!? They can't stop you for OCing, and they certainly can't detain or arrest!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

trying to it says file size to large help

Do you have a youtube page? That might be the easiest.
    [ ~Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    What is happening in KY that is causing all this madness? You and charley both need to sue these idiots! I find it odd that all of these arrests and illegal detainments are happening all of a sudden for OC!?!? They can't stop you for OCing, and they certainly can't detain or arrest!
    I don't know. I will say that I passed by Newport police and Maybe 4 other departments at Riverfest after the first stop with Newport PD and no one stopped me again. The Newport PD stop was short and friendly
    didn't even ask my name. The one cop said he is a 1911 fan seeing that is what I carry. (I do know they had no RAS to stop me.)
    Bellevue is a different story.

Mike

Just look at it for what it is; a game (or contest if you will) between their will and yours. They hope you will tire of the game and stop carrying.
    It's just a simple matter of who will get tired of the game fastest.

They want you to play the game by their rules; I politely suggest you make them play it according to your rules and at your convenience.

These are the links to the stops.
    Yes I know I did some things wrong.
    Bellevue cop's name was Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicKHgI1Ga0&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGRNweX8Zvc&feature=plcp

Those videos left me speechless with my blood boiling... still am. I have watched several OC videos online (youtube is packed) mostly from CA, WA & OR. I would have NEVER guessed that harassment like this would become common at home. I rarely OC - CC is just what I'm comfortable with-have to for work anyway.

I've always wondered how the podunk PD's or SO in this county would handle either of the two. My initial thought is that they would have NO CLUE HOW TO handle it. Depressing. I am pro-LEO... but never have any negative dealings with them.

I am a LEO and it pains me to see this, POs that do not know the law. Training is woefully inadequate in this area of firearms law.

Quote Originally Posted by LESGTINCT View Post
    I am a LEO and it pains me to see this, POs that do not know the law. Training is woefully inadequate in this area of firearms law.
    You don't train away this kind of disrespect, nor is the disrespect a product of lack of training.

It's an insult to suggest it is.

Fallschirmjäger sums it up:"Just look at it for what it is; a game (or contest if you will) between their will and yours. They hope you will tire of the game and stop carrying.
    It's just a simple matter of who will get tired of the game fastest.

They want you to play the game by their rules; I politely suggest you make them play it according to your rules and at your convenience."
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LESGTINCT View Post
    Thank you for being here and providing such input as you may.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thank you for being here and providing such input as you may.
    You're welcome.

These are the links to the stops.
    Yes I know I did some things wrong.
    Bellevue cop's name was Brown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicKHgI1Ga0&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGRNweX8Zvc&feature=plcp

Thanks for sharing these videos. They're very informative.
    [ ~Unknown

What is wrong with these people?!
    I think this is the 3rd or 4th time just today that I've posted this info. ...
    Have a look at the several bits of federal Code in my blog here. There are links to read the actual laws.
    42USC1983 Civil action for deprivation of rights
    42USC1985 Conspiracy to interfere with civil rights
    18USC241 Conspiracy against rights

The first 2 are civil actions - you file a lawsuit against the officers, departments, cities.
    That last is a felony:
    If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State ... in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same
    They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both...
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Was that a joint PD/Military checkpoint?
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

If any of you Kentuckians (sp?) need someone to OC with you, demonstrate that your efforts will be supported by KC3 and I'll come right across the river to help you make your point.

Heck, I'll probably bring a few Ohioans with me!

(Cincinnati, OH is right across the Ohio River from Newport, KY)

Moderator / Administrator
    This recent spate of police harassment of open carriers in Kentucky is odd given the fact that the Kentucky supreme court has ruled that **open carry is constitutionally protected by the state constitution** - in fact the case pertained to a police chief open carrying off duty. (case cite not handy at this time).

Looks like the folks invovled need to get legal counsel and sue for damages and injunctive relief for violation of their Fourth Amendment and other rights. 42 USC 1983 provides the cause of action and 42 USC 1988 provides for attorney fee shifting if the Plaintiff prevails. Look for civil rights attornies who will take the case on a contingency basis.

Ya know Boys, I'm from out west and used to ride horses with a lot of cops and was very close friends with a few. I was always told that if I ever had a problem with a cop, to ask to see his supervisor. (I was told this by a supervisor) I have done this twice and both times, (once out west and once here in Ky) the cop changed his attitude and got friendly real fast. Why doesn't anybody do that here? The shift supervisor should know the rules better then the cop does, that's there job. When the supervisor does show up, attitude is an important thing.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    If any of you Kentuckians (sp?)
    You talking about me?
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Just nother thought,
    I once got pulled over by a CHP and was told I was going to get a ticket for something, (don't remember for what, that was over 30 years ago) I told the CHP that it wasn't illegal, what ever it was, So I broke out my code book and showed him. He said he did make a mistake and that he was wrong. I explained to him that all I needed to know in the code book was what pertained to me. He has to know the whole book, and I said that it was a BIG book. He smiled and said he wished everyone would realize that. We shook hands and I never was bothered by him for the 20 years I went through his beat.
    On another note, one time two cop cars were pulling into a donut shop one morning and I did something wrong so the second car pulled me over right in front of the shop and stated to give me a warning. I was in a bad mood that morning and I'll be darn if my attitude didn't get me a ticket. He didn't want to waste his time and write me a ticket that morning but I TALKED him into it. I NEVER did that again. Yep, attitude means a lot.
    l

Not to paint with too broad a brush I think part of what's happening in northern Ky. is that it's becoming more urbanized and less laid back. That seems to apply to some of the more recent police hires, they are city-bred and haven't spent time where people are more comfortable around guns. Also, during Riverfest the police presence is more concentrated into one area, and unfortunately the quotient of intoxicated/high/disorderly citizenry is above normal levels. That sort of thing seems to bring out the hardnose in even LEO's who are usually thought of as Officer Friendly.

Too, I think some police are reacting very poorly to the sight of armed citizens who also have a camera; they think any such person is baiting them and trying to provoke an encounter.

Make no mistake I'm not offering up any of the above as legit reasons to harass law abiding gun toters, just some observations on my part.

If the officers in these videos were really that ignorant about the law they sure need some training. Meantime their bosses should be punished for allowing them on the streets in such an ill-prepared manner. However I don't believe it was a failure to know the law but rather a failure to follow and enforce it correctly.

Re: stopped x2 handcuffed seached gun and billfold taken threatened with DC/CCW

I didn't watch the entire clips but wouldn't it have been easier just to show ID when asked to avoid trouble ? Even though you are not a convicted felon how are they to know this without knowing who you are ? Cooperation is the key to situations like this even when they are wrong . Arguing or being resistant wouldn't help you with a speeding ticket never mind carrying a gun . I have been stopped myself a few times like this and simply produced my ID and license to carry and was let go within minutes

Sent from my Galaxy S///

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcea View Post
    wouldn't it have been easier just to show ID when asked to avoid trouble ?Sent from my Galaxy S///
    If you don't enjoy your rights, then yes. I myself love all of my rights and am not willing to give any of them up just to make it "easier". Under that theory wouldn't it have been easier just not to carry at all? You my friend have a lot of reading and learning to do..
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast