• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No shoot in New Bern

papa bear

hey all. i received this Email a few days ago from our buddys at the VCDL. any help or suggestion would be appreciated. i have already forwarded this to the GRNC.

Closest thing is Grassroots North Carolina (grnc.org).

Philip

On Aug 31, 2012, at 10:57 PM, ernestwa@gmail.com wrote:

> ---------------------------------------------------------------
> This email is being sent from the 'VCDL Web Based E-Mail' tool.
> Originating IP: 67.232.5.124
> ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Gentlemen:
>
> Is there a similar organization in North Carolina? We have a county here that
is trying to get target shooting on private property outlawed.
>
> Yours truly,
> Ernest W. Adam
> New Bern, NC 28562
> VFW Post 7315
> Havelock, NC
>

Bearfoot

Not sure what to think of it. At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is VCDL? And what county is this referring to? By the address, it is only a couple or three miles down the road from me.

bc.cruiser

Not sure what to think of it. At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is VCDL? And what county is this referring to? By the address, it is only a couple or three miles down the road from me.

VCDL is Va's version of GRNC. It is the Va. Citizens Defense League.

I suspect the reference is for Johnston county. They were enacting an ordinance that would effectively ban shooting anywhere in the county that someone could complain about, unless for hunting or self-defense: The language specific to guns was removed tonight.

papa bear

VCDL is Va's version of GRNC. It is the Va. Citizens Defense League.

I suspect the reference is for Johnston county. They were enacting an ordinance that would effectively ban shooting anywhere in the county that someone could complain about, unless for hunting or self-defense: The language specific to guns was removed tonight.

VCDL is VA's version of GRNC, only better :banana::lol:

thanks for the help guys i think the GRNC are already on it