• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

99,000 Americans a year killed by superbugs. So how is it guns are dangerous?

Freedom1Man

99,000 Americans a year killed by superbugs, says CDC
Meanwhile, superbugs are killing Americans at a rate that rivals wartime casualties. A decade ago, the CDC estimated that superbugs infected 1.7 million Americans and killed 99,000 Americans each year (http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...33d0c8-ee24-11e1-b0eb-dac6b50187ad_story.html...).

That's about twice the number of Americans killed in the entire Vietnam War, by the way. And those numbers are a decade old. By many accounts, the superbug problem is far worse now than it was ten years ago. For example, superbug infections among newborns have risen over 300% in a similar timeframe (http://www.naturalnews.com/026587_infections_infection_superbug.html).

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037009_antibiotics_superbugs_drug_companies.html#ixzz25Na0LVkS

So why would even 30k related gun deaths a year be so scary?

Maybe we can point this 99k number out to the anti-gunners. 99k a year die from supper bugs plus the number that doctors kill by screwing up/

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

Its only going to get worse.

I cant believe how doctors continue to perscribe AB's when they know the patient doesnt need them.

I have had doctors give me AB's but now I choose not to take them unless its something very serious.

The human body, with a normal immune system, does a very good job at fighting disease and infection by itself.

since9

Campaign Veteran
So why would even 30k related gun deaths a year be so scary?

I think we should be very careful about throwing that figure around, as the antis jump on it with reckless abandon and claim 100% of those deaths are totally unnecessary. I prefer using the figure of accidental deaths due to firearms, which, depending on who you talk to comes to be 1,000 and about 1,400, annually.

Maybe we can point this 99k number out to the anti-gunners. 99k a year die from supper bugs plus the number that doctors kill by screwing up/

Again, I don't think going with higher numbers will ever help, as the antis are so prone to mislabeling them for their own purposes.

wmodavis

Prescription drugs kill 6200% more Americans than homicidal shootings - (106,000 deaths per year)

In the aftermath of the Aurora, Colorado Batman movie theater shooting, President Obama chimed in on the gun control debate yesterday, saying, "Every day, the number of young people we lose to violence is about the same as the number of people we lost in that movie theater. For every Columbine or Virginia Tech, there are dozens gunned down on the streets of Chicago or Atlanta..." (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/25/obama-calls-measures-...)

What he didn't say, however, is that every day 290 people are killed by FDA-approved prescription drugs, and that's the conservative number published by the Journal of the American Medical Association.

As no one seems to believe these numbers are real, I'll quote the source: The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) Vol 284, No 4, July 26th 2000, authored by Dr Barbara Starfield, MD, MPH, of the Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health.

That study, which is twelve years old -- and drug deaths have risen considerably since then -- documents 106,000 deaths per year from the "adverse effects" of FDA-approved prescription medications.

To reach this number from outbreaks of violent shootings, you'd have to see an Aurora Colorado Batman movie massacre take place every HOUR of every day, 365 days a year.

If a massacre of people using slugs of lead is bad, why is a massacre of people using deadly chemicals perfectly acceptable?
==============================================================================
Read the full article here.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

But is anyone here putting down their medicine bottles ?

Yes drugs kill. But how many times have you been perscribed drugs and NOT taken them ? How many are you taking right now ?