Thread: surprised no thread on this

surprised no thread on this

i'm surprised that i haven't seen a thread on this guy losing his appeal about being detained for his ak47

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19423519/c...to-radnor-lake

well,,,

look up an old poster here,,, his user name was Kwikrnu,,, spelling???

he was a dedicated cop baiter, not that theres anything wrong with that...

his AK had a orange painted tip.

he caused a lot of commotion here with his posting style.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

He was at MOC's forum under the same name -- look in General Discussion and the Ammo Dump.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post

he was a dedicated cop baiter, not that theres anything wrong with that...
    There isn't?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

Quote Originally Posted by 1245a defender View Post
    look up an old poster here,,, his user name was kwikrnu,,, spelling???

He was a dedicated attention *****, not that theres anything wrong with that...

His ak had a orange painted tip.

He caused a lot of commotion here with his posting style.
    fify
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by mirussell View Post
    i'm surprised that i haven't seen a thread on this guy losing his appeal about being detained for his ak47
    Reply #59 in this thread begins the discussion on the new decision ("we affirm"):

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...ic,1869.0.html
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mirussell View Post

http://www.wsmv.com/story/19423519/c...to-radnor-lake
    i'm guessing you would see a thread in the TN forum
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    He was at MOC's forum under the same name -- look in General Discussion and the Ammo Dump.
    Yes, he added so much to the conversation there that I too would direct anyone who wishes to read what he posted to go on over to MOC's website. He did a great job getting a case argued in front of the 6th circuit. Yeah for us!!
    Last edited by DrTodd; 09-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Yes, he added so much to the conversation there that I too would direct anyone who wishes to read what he posted to go on over to MOC's website. He did a great job getting a case argued all the way to the 6th circuit. Yeah for us!!
    Anyone can get a case to the 6th circuit (with enough $). The first appeal in a court system is By Right.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Anyone can get a case to the 6th circuit (with enough $). The first appeal in a court system is By Right.
    I am aware of that. And? The fact is that we now have a 6th Circuit case (our circuit, btw) that clearly states that carrying a firearm that appears to an officer to be unusual now provides RAS... and a detention can last for as long as necessary if the suspect asks for a supervisor to intervene. Taking into account that, for a number of reasons, this was not the type of case we need argued before any court that has jurisdiction in Michigan.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 09-03-2012 at 09:21 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I am aware of that. And? The fact is that we now have a 6th Circuit case (our circuit, btw) that clearly states that carrying a firearm that appears to an officer to be unusual now provides RAS... and a detention can last for as long as necessary if the suspect asks for a supervisor to intervene. Taking into account that, for a number of reasons, this was not the type of case we need argued before any court that has jurisdiction in Michigan.
    I agree ... the court ruled incorrectly. Baiting? You could say that of ANYONE doing ANYTHING. Commie judges.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I agree ... the court ruled incorrectly. Baiting? You could say that of ANYONE doing ANYTHING. Commie judges.
    Never considered his actions as "baiting", rather that his behavior makes it hard to get support from the gun-owning community even if they really want to. When both the Brady Campaign and the CCRKBA are on the same side in their amici curiae, that indicates something.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    There isn't?
    In certain instances, there is nothing wrong with that.

Noone throws a fit when the police go out and wait for us to break the law, (I.E. Speed traps, seatbelt enforcement), so whats the problem with citizens putting ourselves out there to do the same?
    The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.