• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

surprised no thread on this

1245A Defender

well,,,

look up an old poster here,,, his user name was Kwikrnu,,, spelling???

he was a dedicated cop baiter, not that theres anything wrong with that...

his AK had a orange painted tip.

he caused a lot of commotion here with his posting style.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
He was at MOC's forum under the same name -- look in General Discussion and the Ammo Dump.

Yes, he added so much to the conversation there that I too would direct anyone who wishes to read what he posted to go on over to MOC's website. He did a great job getting a case argued in front of the 6th circuit. Yeah for us!!

Last edited:

TheQ

Yes, he added so much to the conversation there that I too would direct anyone who wishes to read what he posted to go on over to MOC's website. He did a great job getting a case argued all the way to the 6th circuit. Yeah for us!!

Anyone can get a case to the 6th circuit (with enough $). The first appeal in a court system is By Right.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Anyone can get a case to the 6th circuit (with enough $). The first appeal in a court system is By Right.

I am aware of that. And? The fact is that we now have a 6th Circuit case (our circuit, btw) that clearly states that carrying a firearm that appears to an officer to be unusual now provides RAS... and a detention can last for as long as necessary if the suspect asks for a supervisor to intervene. Taking into account that, for a number of reasons, this was not the type of case we need argued before any court that has jurisdiction in Michigan.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am aware of that. And? The fact is that we now have a 6th Circuit case (our circuit, btw) that clearly states that carrying a firearm that appears to an officer to be unusual now provides RAS... and a detention can last for as long as necessary if the suspect asks for a supervisor to intervene. Taking into account that, for a number of reasons, this was not the type of case we need argued before any court that has jurisdiction in Michigan.

I agree ... the court ruled incorrectly. Baiting? You could say that of ANYONE doing ANYTHING. Commie judges.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I agree ... the court ruled incorrectly. Baiting? You could say that of ANYONE doing ANYTHING. Commie judges.

Never considered his actions as "baiting", rather that his behavior makes it hard to get support from the gun-owning community even if they really want to. When both the Brady Campaign and the CCRKBA are on the same side in their amici curiae, that indicates something.

Tucker6900

There isn't?

In certain instances, there is nothing wrong with that.

Noone throws a fit when the police go out and wait for us to break the law, (I.E. Speed traps, seatbelt enforcement), so whats the problem with citizens putting ourselves out there to do the same?