• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Encounter (Brooklyn, Giant Eagle)

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I received a response from the Brooklyn Chief...
Impressive!

Time will tell whether the word has spread to the rest of the department. Are you doing to do any follow-up open records requests or anything, or do you consider the matter closed?

One last comment: the Chief said "I must emphasize that while you felt you may have felt the encounter was unwarranted, we as police officers must respond to all complaints.* Especially since you stated one of the complainants was a store employee." No one question his decision to respond - it's how he responded that's the problem.

The fact that the Chief glossed over/ignored/didn't recognize that is concerning, but... time will tell.

Last edited:

Hareuhal

I am not too concerned with it. Hopefully the Chief holds up his end and all goes well. I plan on returning in a few days time and OCing right past the same officer, that should be an indicator of whether or not he spoke with him.