Thread: The lights slowly coming on?.....

The lights slowly coming on?.....

This seems like a complete change of attitude, from the "head in the sand"/ "the sign will protect us" mentality to the "lets not let people walk all over us" frame of mind. At least, for this school. Maybe the the idea will spread

http://www.fark.com/goto/7303655/htt...t%3Dlatestnews
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

she believes it will take a lot of training to turn people's natural instincts to flee or freeze into an instinct to fight.
    I thought the basic instincts were fight or flight, not flight or freeze. Freezing seems to be a conditioned response, rather than a natural one.

Police Lt. A.B. Green says: "We want to remind them that they can also fight for themselves using whatever they can use."

...except of course a concealed or openly carried handgun on school property, right?

The irony in the Lt.'s statement is sickening but maybe this is the first step. If they can see the value in fighting back then maybe the next logical step would be to fight back on a level playing field and we will get rid of the GFSZ once and for all.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Fight back a gun toter with chairs, pop cans, tables, and whatever else? I think I can hear the bang bang first. I don't believe true constitutional carry will be back anytime soon unless Ocers will unite under that banner meet lawabidingly in a convention for Ocers only and hash out a plan/platform to get true constitutional carry back. There has to be a plan of action. Ghandhi overthrew the British peacefully with minimum of riots. Anyway my 2 cents worth.

I think the point is that if given no other alternative , that fleeing is not possible, then fighting in a wave as one will cost lives but potentially fewer than not fighting , everyone has to stop and reload at some time , a simple mass of numbers a wave of 20+ students charging and tackling the gunman will overtake even the best shooter

the real training would have to come in that when you see the person in front of you fall that you have to continue the charge or they will have been shot for nothing.

it will be interesting, hopefully they never have a need to find out how it works.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I thought the basic instincts were fight or flight, not flight or freeze. Freezing seems to be a conditioned response, rather than a natural one.
    Freezing is a more natural response than fighting for many. They are unable to process what is going on and unable to act. That is how Chai Vang was able to kill so many deer hunters without being wounded himself.