• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The lights slowly coming on?.....

PistolPackingMomma

she believes it will take a lot of training to turn people's natural instincts to flee or freeze into an instinct to fight.

I thought the basic instincts were fight or flight, not flight or freeze. Freezing seems to be a conditioned response, rather than a natural one.

IcrewUH60

Police Lt. A.B. Green says: "We want to remind them that they can also fight for themselves using whatever they can use."

...except of course a concealed or openly carried handgun on school property, right?

The irony in the Lt.'s statement is sickening but maybe this is the first step. If they can see the value in fighting back then maybe the next logical step would be to fight back on a level playing field and we will get rid of the GFSZ once and for all.

Law abider

Fight back a gun toter with chairs, pop cans, tables, and whatever else? I think I can hear the bang bang first. I don't believe true constitutional carry will be back anytime soon unless Ocers will unite under that banner meet lawabidingly in a convention for Ocers only and hash out a plan/platform to get true constitutional carry back. There has to be a plan of action. Ghandhi overthrew the British peacefully with minimum of riots. Anyway my 2 cents worth.

GreenCountyPete

I think the point is that if given no other alternative , that fleeing is not possible, then fighting in a wave as one will cost lives but potentially fewer than not fighting , everyone has to stop and reload at some time , a simple mass of numbers a wave of 20+ students charging and tackling the gunman will overtake even the best shooter

the real training would have to come in that when you see the person in front of you fall that you have to continue the charge or they will have been shot for nothing.

it will be interesting, hopefully they never have a need to find out how it works.

Interceptor_Knight

I thought the basic instincts were fight or flight, not flight or freeze. Freezing seems to be a conditioned response, rather than a natural one.

Freezing is a more natural response than fighting for many. They are unable to process what is going on and unable to act. That is how Chai Vang was able to kill so many deer hunters without being wounded himself.