Thread: I went to McDonalds the other day.

I went to McDonalds the other day.

And oh my it was busy. I was ocing and placed my elbow on it. Oh it was a mess in there and lots of kids running around... And the play pen was empty o_O

Anyways I get to the counter order my food and stand to the side with kids literally bumping into my strong side. Not so much as a sorry from them or the parents. Anyways after a few im handed a a caramel mocha frapachino fru fru chocolate coffee. I'm standing there with a big grin and say thanks to the young lady. Then I realize oh the torture I was going to have... All the straws are on the floor... Must have been a hundred straws... A nice fru fru drink with no straws to drink it with! Im still waiting on my food and holding on to my drink and a kid literally crashes into me. I look over at the parent and say "control your kids this is the 5th time they have bumped into me like that. They invented the play pen area for a reason." the mother scoffs at me and I just stare her down with no emotion and no smile it's dead and no blinking. She eventually says sorry and the kids are moved to the play area. A few minutes later I get my food and run for the hills thinking yay I don't have to stop by Starbucks. Then I suddenly remember I have no straw and go to work
    ;~;
    I was dressed nicely khaki pants and a navy blue plaid shirt and a fru fru drink with a lumberjack beard. And I use that stare a lot at work. With certain customers.

Banned
    You showed great composure ... little brats...

I can only imagine if I acted like that as a kid..... Actually I don't want to imagine, just thinking of what either of my parents would've done frightens me enough that I'll just not even think of that.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    You've got a lot of nerve talking to parents like that. I'm just glad it's the governments job to raise them kids. I would be tough if I had to give a damn.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Founder's Club Member
    I agree that parents need to control the kids better.

For myself, I'm not bothered by noisy kids horsing around. That's the way kids are. Full of vitality, full of play. I wish more of it would rub off on adults sometimes. In a McDonalds scenario like the one described, I'd be more inclined towards raising my coffee high and in a loud, playful voice announcing that I wasn't a part of the game, please call a truce until the noncombatant is out of the line of fire.

Kids respond to this sort of thing, too.

With all that said, adults in public deserve a little consideration, and parents really should hold the kids to better behavior. Even if I myself am not bothered by it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-03-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by saiga12boy View Post
    Parents shoudn't raise their kids like that. Those kids grow up to be jerks that do whatever they want. When i'm old enough to have kids ( i'm 12 now)
    i will NOT raise them that way.
    Tisk tisk

OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum Rules

Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance

We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    With McDonalds being as anti-gun as they are, I'm surprised that we was not asked to leave for OC'ing.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix David
    Tisk tisk
    Yeah, I reported that too. We wouldn't want Mike & John getting in trouble because of some lying pre-teen.

Quote Originally Posted by saiga12boy
    Parents shoudn't raise their kids like that. Those kids grow up to be jerks that do whatever they want. When i'm old enough to have kids ( i'm 12 now)
    i will NOT raise them that way.
    OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum Rules
    Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
    We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saiga12boy View Post
    I'm not lying how was I ever lying. Do you say people are lying just because they're younger than you?
    What age did you represent or imply when you registered as a forum member here?
    Last edited by Citizen; 11-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member
    Separately, folks, lets not pounce too hard on Saiga unless he turns out to be a really snotty brat. A youngster genuinely interested in OC and firearms rights and wanting to learn is probably rare enough to warrant a new definition of the word unicorn.

And, for all we know, he may have mom and dad's permission to be here.

None of that erases any violations of federal law, I know. I do want to avoid unnecessary harshness before it occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    What age did you represent or imply when you registered as a forum member here?
    Does the forum even ask you your age when you sign up? I mean I can't remember if I was asked to provide a BoD for my sign-up?

Saiga hasn't been making an nuissance of himself here, no one would've guessed he's 12, he sounds somewhat well read and mature judging from internet posts.

Of course there is the issue of COPPA and possibly some internet regulatory problems due to his age, so at the WORST I think maybe Saiga should have his account suspended until his 13th birthday. but otherwise I see no reason to ban him. he's not been a problem, nor violated other rules except the age thing.
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

I reacted to a farting joke the other day and my wife asked me if I was 12.

I just grinned and said, "yep!"

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    I reacted to a farting joke the other day and my wife asked me if I was 12.

I just grinned and said, "yep!"
    What!?! And, passed up a perfectly good chance to plug for Hot Wheels at Christmas? Oh, come on!

You're such a poser. No self-respecting 12-year old would have missed a chance like that.

Separately, folks, lets not pounce too hard on Saiga unless he turns out to be a really snotty brat. A youngster genuinely interested in OC and firearms rights and wanting to learn is probably rare enough to warrant a new definition of the word unicorn.

And, for all we know, he may have mom and dad's permission to be here.

None of that erases any violations of federal law, I know. I do want to avoid unnecessary harshness before it occurs.
    I don't know much about federal laws in regards to youngn's posting on the internet, but to give this young man a fair shake, the post that he has posted have been pretty damn impressive for such a young person. I would agree that it is rare to find someone so young that has so much interest in OC. He has posted about illegal searches, castle doctrines and the such. My hats off to you young man. I hope that you are able to stay active with our forum.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

going back to that McDonald being anti. i carry to several of them here and one quite regularly. no one has ever said anything negative and i have even been complimented for carry. not sure but doesn't Micky D follow state laws.

i even had one employee notice one day i had forgotten to put it in my holster (out in the truck), and chided me for it
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

I agree with Papa Bear

When I was OCing in Montana (where I can legally OC, only 11 months left to go until I can in WA ) I went into two separate McDonalds, one in downtown Missoula, and the other on a Truck stop outside of Frenchtown. Never a problem

NRA Member

All the McDonalds in KY are anti. I even called corporate(not in Ky) once to get their official stance. They said they didn't want guns in their stores unless you are LEO. I can't find the thread but another OCDO user posted about his bad experience at McDonalds.

n.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    All the McDonalds in KY are anti. I even called corporate(not in Ky) once to get their official stance. They said they didn't want guns in their stores unless you are LEO. I can't find the thread but another OCDO user posted about his bad experience at McDonalds.
    I'm surprised by this. McDonalds is thought of pretty friendly to OC in Michigan; I'm not aware of any issues here. In fact, we've held impromptu OC get-togethers at a few of them.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    I banned McDonalds when they banned smokers ... did not patronize their stores for 20 yrs afterwards.

And now carriers?

See, ya didn't complain about smokers now they are after you.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 11-06-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I banned McDonalds when they banned smokers ... did not patronize their stores for 20 yrs afterwards.

And now carriers?

See, ya didn't complain about smokers now they are after you.
    What is that white round thing in your avatar?

Banned
    What is that white round thing in your avatar?
    Its the moon ... I change avatars all the time though ... so this could change ! Me giant, eating the moon.