• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I went to McDonalds the other day.

Wolfstanus

And oh my it was busy. I was ocing and placed my elbow on it. Oh it was a mess in there and lots of kids running around... And the play pen was empty o_O

Anyways I get to the counter order my food and stand to the side with kids literally bumping into my strong side. Not so much as a sorry from them or the parents. Anyways after a few im handed a a caramel mocha frapachino fru fru chocolate coffee. I'm standing there with a big grin and say thanks to the young lady. Then I realize oh the torture I was going to have... All the straws are on the floor... Must have been a hundred straws... A nice fru fru drink with no straws to drink it with! Im still waiting on my food and holding on to my drink and a kid literally crashes into me. I look over at the parent and say "control your kids this is the 5th time they have bumped into me like that. They invented the play pen area for a reason." the mother scoffs at me and I just stare her down with no emotion and no smile it's dead and no blinking. She eventually says sorry and the kids are moved to the play area. A few minutes later I get my food and run for the hills thinking yay I don't have to stop by Starbucks. Then I suddenly remember I have no straw and go to work
;~;
I was dressed nicely khaki pants and a navy blue plaid shirt and a fru fru drink with a lumberjack beard. And I use that stare a lot at work. With certain customers.

saiga12boy

kids

Parents shoudn't raise their kids like that. Those kids grow up to be jerks that do whatever they want.
I will NOT raise them that way.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I can only imagine if I acted like that as a kid..... Actually I don't want to imagine, just thinking of what either of my parents would've done frightens me enough that I'll just not even think of that.

twoskinsonemanns

You've got a lot of nerve talking to parents like that. I'm just glad it's the governments job to raise them kids. I would be tough if I had to give a damn.:banghead:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I agree that parents need to control the kids better.

For myself, I'm not bothered by noisy kids horsing around. That's the way kids are. Full of vitality, full of play. I wish more of it would rub off on adults sometimes. In a McDonalds scenario like the one described, I'd be more inclined towards raising my coffee high and in a loud, playful voice announcing that I wasn't a part of the game, please call a truce until the noncombatant is out of the line of fire. :)

Kids respond to this sort of thing, too.

With all that said, adults in public deserve a little consideration, and parents really should hold the kids to better behavior. Even if I myself am not bothered by it.

Last edited:

Phoenix David

Parents shoudn't raise their kids like that. Those kids grow up to be jerks that do whatever they want. When i'm old enough to have kids ( i'm 12 now)
i will NOT raise them that way.

Tisk tisk

OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum Rules

Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance

We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.

MKEgal

Phoenix David said:
Tisk tisk
Yeah, I reported that too. We wouldn't want Mike & John getting in trouble because of some lying pre-teen.

saiga12boy said:
Parents shoudn't raise their kids like that. Those kids grow up to be jerks that do whatever they want. When i'm old enough to have kids ( i'm 12 now)
i will NOT raise them that way.
OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum Rules
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.

saiga12boy

What!?!?

Yeah, I reported that too. We wouldn't want Mike & John getting in trouble because of some lying pre-teen.

I'm not lying how was I ever lying. Do you say people are lying just because they're younger than you?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Separately, folks, lets not pounce too hard on Saiga unless he turns out to be a really snotty brat. A youngster genuinely interested in OC and firearms rights and wanting to learn is probably rare enough to warrant a new definition of the word unicorn.

And, for all we know, he may have mom and dad's permission to be here.

None of that erases any violations of federal law, I know. I do want to avoid unnecessary harshness before it occurs.

saiga12boy

Thank You

Separately, folks, lets not pounce too hard on Saiga unless he turns out to be a really snotty brat. A youngster genuinely interested in OC and firearms rights and wanting to learn is probably rare enough to warrant a new definition of the word unicorn.

None of that erases any violations of federal law, I know. I do want to avoid unnecessary harshness before it occurs.

Thank you Citizen i'm not trying to be a snotty brat and if I ever was I apologize for it.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

What age did you represent or imply when you registered as a forum member here?

Does the forum even ask you your age when you sign up? I mean I can't remember if I was asked to provide a BoD for my sign-up?

Saiga hasn't been making an nuissance of himself here, no one would've guessed he's 12, he sounds somewhat well read and mature judging from internet posts.

Of course there is the issue of COPPA and possibly some internet regulatory problems due to his age, so at the WORST I think maybe Saiga should have his account suspended until his 13th birthday. but otherwise I see no reason to ban him. he's not been a problem, nor violated other rules except the age thing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I reacted to a farting joke the other day and my wife asked me if I was 12.

I just grinned and said, "yep!"

What!?! And, passed up a perfectly good chance to plug for Hot Wheels at Christmas? Oh, come on!

You're such a poser. No self-respecting 12-year old would have missed a chance like that.

:p:)

self preservation

I don't know much about federal laws in regards to youngn's posting on the internet, but to give this young man a fair shake, the post that he has posted have been pretty damn impressive for such a young person. I would agree that it is rare to find someone so young that has so much interest in OC. He has posted about illegal searches, castle doctrines and the such. My hats off to you young man. I hope that you are able to stay active with our forum.

papa bear

going back to that McDonald being anti. i carry to several of them here and one quite regularly. no one has ever said anything negative and i have even been complimented for carry. not sure but doesn't Micky D follow state laws.

i even had one employee notice one day i had forgotten to put it in my holster (out in the truck), and chided me for it

EMNofSeattle

I agree with Papa Bear

When I was OCing in Montana (where I can legally OC, only 11 months left to go until I can in WA :cool:) I went into two separate McDonalds, one in downtown Missoula, and the other on a Truck stop outside of Frenchtown. Never a problem

self preservation

All the McDonalds in KY are anti. I even called corporate(not in Ky) once to get their official stance. They said they didn't want guns in their stores unless you are LEO. I can't find the thread but another OCDO user posted about his bad experience at McDonalds.