• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Picnic at John Ball Zoo Park Grand Rapids Sat Sept 15

Steel Magnolia

September 15th at John Ball Zoo Park. Picnic Area: The Grove - Lunch at 11:30 with Zoo visit to follow.

Admission to the zoo is as follows: Adults and Seniors $5.00 Children 3-13 $4.00 Children under 2 are free.
Zoo hours are 10:00am to 4:00pm

Bring the family, your own beverages (no alcohol) and a dish to pass for this fun event. Hot dogs will be provided.

Suggested items needed for this picnic: Paper plates, napkins, Chips, etc.

DIRECTIONS:

The Zoo is conveniently located at the corner of Fulton and Valley (1300 W. Fulton) just west of downtown Grand Rapids. The Zoo is two miles west of downtown Grand Rapids and there is easy access from the I-196 expressway.

From 196 east take Lake Michigan Dr. exit and go right to Fulton. The Zoo entrance is located to your right.

From 196 west, take the Lane St. exit. Turn left on Lane and go to Fulton St. Turn right on Fulton, and proceed to corner of Fulton and Valley for Zoo entrance.

http://www.accesskent.com/CultureLeisureAndTransit/Zoo/zoo_index.htm

ZOOPARKmap12.jpg

Mahnarch

I had an epiphony today!

... - as in "..." is the three level dots of the sights you see down the barrel when you're aiming (e.g. "focusing") - or, "I'm on it!"

If this isn't already a thing... I claim it!

We'll call it... hmm... "Mahnarching".
That doesn't really have a ring to it. :cry:

"Sniping" is already taken.
"Flat Lining" is already taken.
"Doing the Dougie" is already taken.

Any ideas (I can steal)? :cool: