• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

92 yr old Homeowner shoots, kills suspected robber in Verona Ky.

Midwest

(92 year old World War II vet defends his home in Verona, Kentucky (Boone County). This got a good amount of coverage in this part of the state.)

Homeowner shoots, kills suspected robber in N.Ky.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_northern_kentucky/man-shot-in-chest-in-crittenden

A suspected robber is dead after breaking in to a Boone County home early Monday morning. Three men broke into 92-year-old Earl Jones' home in the 15000 block of Violet Road in Verona at about 2:40 a.m. and Jones shot one of the men as he was coming up the stairs of his basement, according to Boone County spokesperson, Tom Scheben.

Jones used his .22 caliber rifle to shoot one of the robbers, 24-year-old Lloyd Maxwell of Richmond, in the chest.Maxwell later died from his injuries. Jones is not facing charges for the shooting. Jones told officials that Monday morning's incident was the third time his home has been robbed.

"I've been robbed so much in the past five weeks, I said it's going to have to be a message to the people. The only way you going to stop this is you [going to] have to leave one laying in the grass. That's the only way you're [going to] stop it," Jones said