Thread: South Bend after a week of carrying

South Bend after a week of carrying

I've carried open and partially concealed since last Saturday when I got my LTCH. No reactions at all from people I don't know. I wouldn't say I look like a cop, but I dress decently and am always friendly and polite.

I choose how to carry based on what I'm wearing. My gun is a Sig p250 subcompact, and the grip is quite abrasive against bare skin. So it's usually open unless I have an undershirt on.

I use a galco silhouette holster for owb carry, a galco mag pouch and I'll be getting my Wilderness belt this week.

Overall a positive first week in Indiana. I've yet to carry in front of LEO but I doubt it would be much of an issue.

Cool. Been open carrying around SB for a couple years here. My wife has started as well. Actually, yesterday we were out at Kroger & Kohls on ireland and she was OCing and I was not. I've never had a problem in that neighborhood.

I depends on how ignorant the officer is, go back and read my latest reply to the thread I made last week.

Well my job gives me the opportunity to meet and befriend quite a few LEOs, and they've all known about me getting a gun since I decided I wanted to, a quick phone call to one of them should speed up a MWAG call or random questioning.

But like I said, there's been zero attention to my gun since I've started carrying, maybe it's just the area or maybe it's my appearance, but I don't expect any major problems in my everyday routine.

I haven't made it out to the south end of town yet, but I'm glad to know you've had a positive experience there.

Same here with my job. I know alot of LEO's to. Some dont like me! lol No problems yet.

I have not heard of any difficulty with SB city police.

There is an ongoing matter of disagreement with some members of the St Joseph county police department and other parts of the county government that is detailed in one of the sticky threads above.

Edit: sorry the thread is not a sticky. Here it is- http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...e-County-polls
    Last edited by cce1302; 09-05-2012 at 01:28 PM.