• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster help: Taurus 2" .357

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
How many of these "several" did you keep buying before deciding they were no good? :rolleyes:

First one was a dud. 2nd one was a 1911 but the rail was too big for a holster that made me happy so I sold it. Next 1911 was a dud. The next 1911 looked fine - till you looked inside. The parts appeared to be thrown through a jet engine. O_O

j4l

First one was a dud. 2nd one was a 1911 but the rail was too big for a holster that made me happy so I sold it. Next 1911 was a dud. The next 1911 looked fine - till you looked inside. The parts appeared to be thrown through a jet engine. O_O

Define dud.
And answer the question: Bought sight-unseen via net or FFL transfer, or inspected before purchase?
And, what other items are you inclined to purchase 3-4 times, experiencing multiple "duds" before you finally decide to perhaps look @ another brand/make/model -especially in a market (1911s) so full of choices?
Can you actually blame a brand/make, or can you actually blame yourself for repeatedly making the same mistakes-(if even remotely true-personally, im calling flat-out bs.)

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Define dud.
And answer the question: Bought sight-unseen via net or FFL transfer, or inspected before purchase?
And, what other items are you inclined to purchase 3-4 times, experiencing multiple "duds" before you finally decide to perhaps look @ another brand/make/model -especially in a market (1911s) so full of choices?
Can you actually blame a brand/make, or can you actually blame yourself for repeatedly making the same mistakes-(if even remotely true-personally, im calling flat-out bs.)

Dud: a handgun that does not function properly new out of the box

Because so many people called BS on all the taurus horror stories, I figured maybe I had just got bad luck and wasn't giving them a fair chance.

Bought sight-unseen via net or FFL transfer, or inspected before purchase?
The first POS I bought in person. I didn't know anything about guns as this was one of my first purchases. Seemed fine checking it out there, was shot once at the range then thrown into my wife's glove box for self defense. (M85 .38, not something you just take out shooting for fun)
2nd POS was ordered straight from the Taurus Factory. Didn't think they were that awful that straight from Taurus it would be a dud.
3rd POS was ordered online - surely people like J4L who call BS on these stories are right, there is no way I can have a problem with quality control for a 3rd time in a row.

I blame myself for not listening to all the people who called taurus for what it is in the first place. That was stupid, to see so many people cry about how awful they are and to buy 1 in the first place after that was stupid. To buy another was just plain dumb. And yes, part of the blame does go to the manufacturer, they make the crap and ship it out - only part though. I mostly take the blame for myself. But it was a learning experience and now I make sure to inform everyone I run into who is in the market for a gun, DON'T BUY A TAURUS.

Except for you j4l, these are made up stories about airsoft guns, and you should DEFINATELY go buy taurus products. They're verrrrry reliable, great for self-defense under any condition. All these stories are made up and I have no idea why people are making up stories about taurus.

j4l

Because so many people called BS on all the taurus horror stories, I figured maybe I had just got bad luck and wasn't giving them a fair chance.

The first POS I bought in person. I didn't know anything about guns as this was one of my first purchases. Seemed fine checking it out there, was shot once at the range then thrown into my wife's glove box for self defense. (M85 .38, not something you just take out shooting for fun)
2nd POS was ordered straight from the Taurus Factory. Didn't think they were that awful that straight from Taurus it would be a dud.
3rd POS was ordered online - surely people like J4L who call BS on these stories are right, there is no way I can have a problem with quality control for a 3rd time in a row.

I blame myself for not listening to all the people who called taurus for what it is in the first place. That was stupid, to see so many people cry about how awful they are and to buy 1 in the first place after that was stupid. To buy another was just plain dumb. And yes, part of the blame does go to the manufacturer, they make the crap and ship it out - only part though. I mostly take the blame for myself. But it was a learning experience and now I make sure to inform everyone I run into who is in the market for a gun, DON'T BUY A TAURUS.

Except for you j4l, these are made up stories about airsoft guns, and you should DEFINATELY go buy taurus products. They're verrrrry reliable, great for self-defense under any condition. All these stories are made up and I have no idea why people are making up stories about taurus.

About what I figured- a complete lack of detail as to any specific malfunctions-or any efforts to troubleshoot the imaginary malfunctions, despite typical operator-headspace, and timing -related elements. Fired once, tossed in a box...sounds like an outstanding level of 1st-hand experience with the item, enabling one to define a simple revolver as "pos" , considering all one has to do with it is load it, aim it, and fire it....all of...one time.. facepalm.

Straight from the Factory eh? When, exactly, did you obtain your personal FFL or re-seller's licenses? Didnt think so..

But, hey, 2 times prior, less-than-satisified that a budget firearm didnt shoot laser-beams and flash and blink gold sparkles when the trigger is pulled? Yeah, let's buy another one- this time without having any oppty to see if it's functional or in fact, "new" before some clown online sells me something he's used 10000000 times without issue....facepalm...

Nuff said. Fantasies, delusions, whatever, all still rather amusing.

twoskinsonemanns

Sorry dude, too much BS here to consider it legit.

A gun the functions fine the one time to took it to the range is a dud?
A single gun ordered straight from Taurus?
No specific failures mentioned?

This is trolling against Taurus. Nothing real. Have you ever actually owned one?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Sorry dude, too much BS here to consider it legit.
That's what I said when I read a bunch of god awful reviews about taurus. I ate my words on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gun.

A gun the functions fine the one time to took it to the range is a dud?
Yes.

A single gun ordered straight from Taurus?
Yes? Why is that hard to believe?
No specific failures mentioned?
I get tired of typing out all of the issues everytime someone asks. I'll provide some links.

This is trolling against Taurus. Nothing real. Have you ever actually owned one?
You're so right bro. Taurus makes good guns. You should buy a few! All the terrible reviews are just made up by those snotty glock owners! (glocks suck btw taurus are 10x more reliable)

You act as if I'm not willing to talk specifics because they haven't been mentioned yet.

http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/showthread.php?93467-1911-parts-changing-question-*pics* (no more pics, haven't had a photobucket in months)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_18/103588_Base_pin_will_not_push_transfer_bar_back.html

Also:
not me, this guy is making this story up too because Taurus handguns are bar none and anyone who complains about their quality control is making that up
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403850&highlight=taurus+quality (m85 locking up)

This guys too:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/t...hammer-falls-manual-safety-fully-engaged.html

Hammer falling on a PT1911 NIB? FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE yea right. he must not have ever owned one.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showpost.php?p=1846373&postcount=19
^ I had this exact problem with a 9mm PT1911, I found this thread while browsing the web to see if I ever complained about it myself on a forum. I'm surprised to see I haven't.

Straight from the Factory eh? When, exactly, did you obtain your personal FFL or re-seller's licenses? Didnt think so..
When did I say I didn't have an FFL? Also, if the gun isn't in stock and the FFL has to order it, I think it's fair to say it is straight from the factory. Perhaps it hits a distributor first? Even then - brand new in the box.

But, hey, 2 times prior, less-than-satisified that a budget firearm didnt shoot laser-beams and flash and blink gold sparkles when the trigger is pulled?
>implying that safety issues are acceptable because it is a "budget firearm"

76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

OP, I'm truly sorry. This thread has derailed and it is all my fault.

BTW everyone: I'm actually 12 years old, my experience is only with airsoft guns, and you should all go buy taurus firearms because they are Q U A L I T Y. Ruger and Colt are just over priced pieces of junk and your taurus will be 10x more reliable than a Glock. brb mom is calling me for dinner
anim_rofl2.gif

j4l

BTW everyone: I'm actually 12 years old, my experience is only with airsoft guns, and you should all go buy taurus firearms because they are Q U A L I T Y. Ruger and Colt are just over priced pieces of junk and your taurus will be 10x more reliable than a Glock. brb mom is calling me for dinner
anim_rofl2.gif
[/QUOTE]

Finally. Progress. The first, and most-likely, last honest post the kid has placed since he joined.
;)

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
anim_rofl2.gif
[slashQUOTE]

Finally. Progress. The first, and most-likely, last honest post the kid has placed since he joined.
;)

l2quote

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
In Schilitz's defense I have seen him talk about Taurus in other threads and his story never changes. Perhaps he has had bad experiences with Taurus and he hates them. So what? He is entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us. I have several Taurus guns and have never had a problem with any of them. I like Taurus, he doesn't, but we can all make our own choices, welcome to America.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

In Schilitz's defense I have seen him talk about Taurus in other threads and his story never changes. Perhaps he has had bad experiences with Taurus amd he hates them. So what? He is entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us. I have several Taurus guns and have never had a problem with any of them. I like Taurus, he doesn't, but we can all make our own choices, welcome to America.

I welcome his opinion!

I hope you'll welcome mine that his is BS :lol:

Levi

I cannot say anything for Taurus semiautos. I currently own two Taurus revolvers, a model 94 and a model 627.

The model 94 is a budget model and behaves like it. It's ok for a sub $300 wheel gun and I'm not mad at it. It works excellently as a single action but it's just too hard a trigger pull for double action even after a visit to the local gunsmith.

The 627 is a great gun. Right out of the box, it has a great double action trigger, it's accurate, and is very manigable even with the hottest loads I can find. I'd compare it to the Ruger GP100 in both feel and use. This is my daily carry and what I'd depend on if my life was in danger. All this in a sub $600 gun.

All that being said, I have only purchased one gun before handling it. I have been gun shopping more than once and told the sales man the sample I was holding wouldn't do. No fire arms manufactureris 100% foolproof so the warrantee is part of the purchase for me.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I welcome his opinion!

It's not my opinion - it's what happened to me. Because of my poor experience I feel they are a crappy gun manufacturer and I wouldn't let anyone in my family carry one of those things. I bought several taurus guns, and multiple guns turned out to be junk out of the box, that's just what happened to me. (like I said, there is a reason Taurus' quality control is heavily debated. some people buy tons of them and have 0 issues, some people buy a dud after a dud before they get online and scream about how crappy they are)

But it's all BS bro, I get paid by other gun manufacturers to tell a couple specific problems about Taurus guns online and keep the same story for years. You should go buy some Taurus guns after reading this, their quality control is bar none.

I hope you'll welcome mine that his is BS :lol:
When I spend a good chunk of cash on something before doing research and then read god awful reviews on it - I try my best to justify my purchase to make myself feel better. "OH WELL THAT'S BS! I MEAN, LOOK AT THE FINISH ON THIS THING! IT'S GORGEOUS! THIS IS A GOOD GUN!!! :) :):) "

Cutaway view of an M85 with transfer bar problems. Came like this new in the box. You could shoot it at the range and not really feel the effects if you didn't point the muzzle downward to fire. The second that muzzle wasn't parallel with the ground and it was slightly aimed down the ground, just ever so slightly, the transfer bar would lean forward and jam against the bottom of the firing pin. clearly a photoshop I made up to tarnish the name of taurus firearms. that's what company x pays me to do
anim_rofl2.gif

attachment.php

You can lie to yourself if you want, but you can't squeeze that lie by me ;). I know what goes through the minds of a Taurus customer, because I used to be one.

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 169

moonie

I agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion. When you post the picture of a dumpster in a post asking for help with a specific issue you have trolled. Period.

You started it and will not let it go. This thread was not about Taurus quality or issues, it was about a holster for a users firearm, one that works just fine.

Can we all just grow up?

Levi

Most of Taurus's smaller guns fit comfortably in holsters designed for S&W J-frames. I don't know what model you have so I'm not able to help directly better than that.

One thing I can suggest is that you go to a local store that carries a variety of holster with your gun (unloaded and cased) and ask for assitance. I have done this more than once and always gotten the help I needed.

twoskinsonemanns

I certainly never said you were getting paid by any company. Why bring it up?

Also is that your firearm? And did you take that picture?.....

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Also is that your firearm? And did you take that picture?.....

It was my firearm. I got rid of it because my wife refused to carry it even after it was fixed (I don't blame her). And I did take the picture.

When you post the picture of a dumpster in a post asking for help with a specific issue you have trolled. Period.
Never claimed to not have been trolling, of course the dumpster isn't a decent holster... It's a dumpster, it was a joke and I thought it was obvious.

I have no reason to make up things about Taurus...why would I? I'm just sharing first hand experiences with Taurus that I had. If you call "BS" it is probably because you're a Taurus fan boy or you spent a pretty penny on a Taurus gun that you have to constantly remind yourself it's a good gun because in reality you know it's not trustworthy after the onslaughts of horror stories of lacking quality control. /runonsentence

WalkingWolf

It was my firearm. I got rid of it because my wife refused to carry it even after it was fixed (I don't blame her). And I did take the picture.

Never claimed to not have been trolling, of course the dumpster isn't a decent holster... It's a dumpster, it was a joke and I thought it was obvious.

I have no reason to make up things about Taurus...why would I? I'm just sharing first hand experiences with Taurus that I had. If you call "BS" it is probably because you're a Taurus fan boy or you spent a pretty penny on a Taurus gun that you have to constantly remind yourself it's a good gun because in reality you know it's not trustworthy after the onslaughts of horror stories of lacking quality control. /runonsentence

I don't own a Taurus, have in the past, no issues. But the only time I lose sleep over a gun is if it is my gun, NOT a gun belonging to another person. Seems kinda silly to me.

twoskinsonemanns

I have a taurus .44 and a snubby .357.
Regretfully I had to sell the .45 Millinium I had and also sold the P92 I had thought I didn't have to sell it.

Absolutely no problems at all. Great shooters!

Guess I "struck gold" four times. Miracles happen I guess. :rolleyes:

j4l

I have a taurus .44 and a snubby .357.
Regretfully I had to sell the .45 Millinium I had and also sold the P92 I had thought I didn't have to sell it.

Absolutely no problems at all. Great shooters!

Guess I "struck gold" four times. Miracles happen I guess. :rolleyes:

As for OP- sorry for the side-track, but the kid just jumps in everywhere..and needs to be put back in the crib from time to time.
As to the holsters- yes, pretty much any holster for the rough-equal S&W usually fits them, from what I understand. Theyre' pretty much copies of the Smiths.

As to the Taurus/not taurus thing- I have one. Works perfect, and shoots as well as or better-than anything else I've ever had or made use of (issued by service, etc.) Wont hesitate for a moment to make use of it, if called upon. And if it does fail at the time- Murphy manages to do that with any make/model at some point- that's what the BUG or the Blade is for- back-up/finish em off.

The key difference is-instead of jumping on a Bash-The-Brand band-wagon, I tend to inspect the hell out of anything I buy, BEFORE I BUY IT.
Learned that lesson as a teen-ager buying my 1st cars.
Sure as hell applies to purchasing a firearm I intend to use in combat.

Also, I've seen countless threads over the years, of folks bashing one brand or another of firearm-or ammo- that often turn out to be 100% user-related. Ie: "gee, let's see how hot of a handload we can cram into this thing" and then having the nerve to COMPLAIN about it, after it goes BOOm. Or, some self-improvised modification done to an arm by some clown who considers himself a "gunsmith" because he has a hammer and some screws..= mod doenst pan-out, or weakens the arm somehow, and bam- disaster- and next thing you know John Q Genius is on an internet forum whining about what a POS his gun is..(while, of course, leaving out his home-gunsmithing work...) ;)

So, when some other clown (who, due to his behavior, and childishness, i dont personally believe to even be of an age to actually buy and own firearms to begin with) allegedly buys a "POS" gun, sight-unseen, fails to inspect it before attempting to fire it, get's upset about the results, and then goes on to repeat the (potentially-fatal) mistake over and over again.... well...my already-pegged BS-METER goes into overdrive.