• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Well-Read Rogue: Monster Hunter Legion

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The Well-Read Rogue is my attempt to share my love of books with other Libertarians and well-armed Americans. Each book or series I review is one I have personally read.

Well written pro-gun fiction can go a long way toward encouraging the next generation of shooters and winning the culture war!

The story behind the Monster Hunter franchise is truly an inspiring tale. For those of you who don’t know, Larry is one of us; a well-armed American. In addition to his day jobs as an accountant and best-selling author, he is also a firearms instructor, longtime shooter, and an active member of a number of internet gun forums. In short, his is an all-American success story.

The first Monster Hunter novel, Monster Hunter International, was actually initially self-published and only promoted on gun forums. But, in a tribute to the power of gun owners in the marketplace, it became so popular so fast that it made the bestseller list in 2008 prompting Baen Books to offer Larry a publishing contract. He has been with them ever since and his books are consistently best-sellers.

Read the entire review at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1799

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the review! I look forward to the future installments. For some great pro-gun fiction you should check out the Enemies Trilogy by Matthew Bracken. The first book can be found here:

Amazon

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review! I look forward to the future installments. For some great pro-gun fiction you should check out the Enemies Trilogy by Matthew Bracken. The first book can be found here:

Amazon

I will add that to the "to read" list. Thanks! :)