Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I OCed Last Weekend

I OCed Last Weekend

For the first time, I OCed in my home town and in Prescott where my mom lives. I walked into Prescott IGA twice, no problem. I went to see my constitutional leo buddy, he was on partol and gave me a raised fist! Came over to see what gun I had and gave me more ammo from his supply!! The next day I OCed in Ellsworth, went to Freedom gas station, no problem so far. Went to the Dollar store, they gave me no problem. Then I went to the local grocery store, looked at plants for sale out on the lot. The manager came ans said a few nervous people said that a guy with a gun was out there. He told me that I can't OC or CC in the store bec of policy. I told him that my daughter worked there and that there were no signs forbidding firearms in the store posted. He said he will work in that. he also said that the gun was ok with him but the customers were nervous. I wondered why? I was dressed very well. Called the owner of the store, Neilsson Foods and he told me there was NO POLICY. I told him I shopped there and I needed to know policy OC or CC or both. He said if I forbid you, I'll loose business bec there are many like me out there. He asked me if it wasd ok if I CCed in the store. I complied. but will work on him over time to let me OC there. So there is my story in short hand. Very gratifying so far. No cops comming over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    The manager came ans said a few nervous people said that a guy with a gun was out there. He told me that I can't OC or CC in the store bec of policy.
    Of course you have video or at least a recording of the encounter right?
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Of course you have video or at least a recording of the encounter right?
    Unfortunately No. But if I was able to get a recording.

McX
    dang! free ammo from the cops?! i need to get in on that! where i carried?: couple of pet stores, hardware store, grocery store, walgreens, convenience store, gas station. got to educate an individual who tresspassed on my property, and the cops who showed up when he called them, about the Castle Doctrine. I love my job. carry on, carry often, carry out!

PS: carried at the local liquor store too.

PPS: almost forgot! over to Best Buy to get my copy of The Raid; Redemption. everything you need in a movie; cops, lots of druggy bad guys, automatic weapons, machetes, drug lords, subtitles, butt kickin kung fu! all you need to add is popcorn! dan tolong, menikmati sendiri!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkULMOFpuCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TId2NDiuu2s
    Last edited by McX; 09-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    dang! free ammo from the cops?! i need to get in on that! where i carried?: couple of pet stores, hardware store, walgreens, convenience store, gas station. got to educate an individual who tresspassed on my property, and the cops who showed up when he called them, about the Castle Doctrine. I love my job. carry on, carry often, carry out!

PPS: almost forgot! over to Best Buy to get my copy of The Raid; Redemption. everything you need in a movie; cops, lots of druggy bad guys, automatic weapons, machetes, drug lords, subtitles, butt kickin kung fu! all you need to add is popcorn!

Can you expound on your trespassing event? Was there another thread on this one?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Can you expound on your trespassing event? Was there another thread on this one?
    tidak, maaf, terlalu banyak trollers di sini, mungkin mencoba untuk menggunakannya terhadap saya. Saya telah mengatakan semua saya akan tentang hal itu.

http://imtranslator.net/translation/...h/translation/
    Last edited by McX; 09-05-2012 at 08:56 AM.

dang! free ammo from the cops?! i need to get in on that! where i carried?: couple of pet stores, hardware store, grocery store, walgreens, convenience store, gas station. got to educate an individual who tresspassed on my property, and the cops who showed up when he called them, about the Castle Doctrine. I love my job. carry on, carry often, carry out!

PPS: almost forgot! over to Best Buy to get my copy of The Raid; Redemption. everything you need in a movie; cops, lots of druggy bad guys, automatic weapons, machetes, drug lords, subtitles, butt kickin kung fu! all you need to add is popcorn! dan tolong, menikmati sendiri!

Yep my leo friend always gives me ammo. must have a big stash. He is a GOOD friend of mine too. Known him since 1996. Good cop too. Let's folks know about their constitutional rights/in alienable rights.
    Need to buy 2 books. The one on OBL raid and the Jefferson lies by Dave Barton.

Can you tell me how to know which stores allow to OC? No one has posted in my town. Called the booze store owner. Know him. But he did not reply.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    if there isnt sign saying no weapons or something along those lines than your good to go just follow the law and remember there are places you cant OC without a CCL
    here is info a member here has put together very helpful stuff
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ou-should-know

also here is an ongoing list of place that deny you your rights
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ur-rights-(v2)
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 09-05-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I am glad I OCed and I also did again this weekend at the Prescott daze, towards the end bec I didn't make it in time. I had to bec I was afraid when I read what happened to MKE. I sent her a PM and asked that she should teach a course on boldness esp since she has reached celebrity status and what my fears are. However no one can give me boldness, so I just OCed! That is when my leo buddy saw me on patrol and gave me more ammo. So far I have had no problems. A store owner serving dogs for the KOC was happy to see me OC in downtown Prescott.
    Thanks to guys and gals like you I am in debt to. Interceptor, Protias, Aaron, MKE, Greencounty pete, McX Old grump Paul etc, forgive me if I haven't mentioned you... Thanks. I love criticisms bec I am not God to know everything. Feel free like MKE to criticize my posts. I'll stay sober and won't ever run you guys down and If I disagree, I'll be ultra respectful.

I am glad I OCed and I also did again this weekend at the Prescott daze, towards the end bec I didn't make it in time. I had to bec I was afraid when I read what happened to MKE. I sent her a PM and asked that she should teach a course on boldness esp since she has reached celebrity status and what my fears are. However no one can give me boldness, so I just OCed! That is when my leo buddy saw me on patrol and gave me more ammo. So far I have had no problems. A store owner serving dogs for the KOC was happy to see me OC in downtown Prescott.
    Thanks to guys and gals like you I am in debt to. Interceptor, Protias, Aaron, MKE, Greencounty pete, McX Old grump Paul etc, forgive me if I haven't mentioned you... Thanks. I love criticisms bec I am not God to know everything. Feel free like MKE to criticize my posts. I'll stay sober and won't ever run you guys down and If I disagree, I'll be ultra respectful.
    /Criticism

Your English hurts my brain.

/End Criticism

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    you are now declared a free citizen! like i B sayin; Carry On, Carry Often, Carry Out. as for a debt, you can send my cheeseburgers to.......i carried to my usual places, funny thing, they never rob the dollar store i carry to, always the one on the other side of town. either i'm a real bad ass, and well known, or perhaps the deterrent effect. it is odd, the clerks are always happy to see me when i come in. it's good to be loved...............somewhere at least.

* i B lookin sharp when i step out for walkin the walk with my new glam Falco on. makes me want to go in somewhere and shout: everybody freeze Miami Vice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWSdc8PZBMM
    Last edited by McX; 09-10-2012 at 08:52 PM.

I OCed Last Weekend

you are now declared a free citizen! like i B sayin; Carry On, Carry Often, Carry Out. as for a debt, you can send my cheeseburgers to.......i carried to my usual places, funny thing, they never rob the dollar store i carry to, always the one on the other side of town. either i'm a real bad ass, and well known, or perhaps the deterrent effect. it is odd, the clerks are always happy to see me when i come in. it's good to be loved...............somewhere at least.
    I used to get free food from the gas station in CA when I worked as an armed guard. Always a lot of fishy looking characters in there and the clerks asked me to stick around a lot. I'd usually spend my lunch there chatting with the clerk. It's kinda funny watching some of the people turn on a dime and walk right back out when seeing an armed person. Especially since my firm's uniform looked really close to a Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice
    It's kinda funny watching some of the people turn on a dime and walk right back out when seeing an armed person.
    No, it can't have happened that way.
    Everyone Knows [TM] that criminals aren't scared away by OCers.
    In fact, EK [TM] that criminals will kill OCers first.
    [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    No, it can't have happened that way.
    Everyone Knows [TM] that criminals aren't scared away by OCers.
    In fact, EK [TM] that criminals will kill OCers first.
    [/sarcasm]
    MKE what's up with your town: Son has a fight, friend calls, mom and pop arrive. Pop gives gun to mom. Mom gives it to son. He kill dude. WOW you must have tough dudes out there and tough cops. Must get my Swedish blond trained somewhere to watch my back when I visit Milwaukee to buy grub at Utsinger's. You got to be tough cause you said redheads are tough! My brother in law from Chicago did say that criminals kill OCers first.
    Last edited by Law abider; 09-11-2012 at 12:24 AM.

You have a little smudge of something on your nose, there...

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTolerance View Post
    You have a little smudge of something on your nose, there...

dang. it appears sir you have No Tolerance...........................man, i'm hot tonight! i'll be appearing here throughout the week, tip jar is on the piano!

McX
    carried to the DMV, carried to the DNR. all in the same building. interesting note; Dept. of Corrections office is posted. guess they dont like felons with guns in there, law abiding citizens either.

this just handed me:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anti gun logic spock.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	9238  

[QUOTE=Law abider;1820499 I went to see my constitutional LEO buddy, he was on patrol and gave me a raised fist! Came over to see what gun I had and gave me more ammo from his supply![/QUOTE]

I need to return to WI to visit you - just so the Yellow Cat can get in on this free ammo thing. (Which of course I will use to train other law abiding citizens with an eye toward being able to impart the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safely, legally, and effectively use such training to improve their ability to defend themselves, their families, and others, from those who would rape, pillage, plunder, or murder them.)

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I need to return to WI to visit you - just so the Yellow Cat can get in on this free ammo thing. (Which of course I will use to train other law abiding citizens with an eye toward being able to impart the necessary knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to safely, legally, and effectively use such training to improve their ability to defend themselves, their families, and others, from those who would rape, pillage, plunder, or murder them.)

Yellow Cat Out -
    You are welcome to meet him. You'll love his views on the second amendment. Good guy and my buddy. Come back soon!

McX
    carried to the usual haunts. carrying while fall fishing, the tunas dont seem to care. saw a bit in the local paper this a.m city is reconsidering their posting no carry. i wonder what the fish's stand is on this, i will consult the next one i catch.

I know this is an old thread but...

I know this is an old thread but it's as good as any since you are talking about different places you opened carried.

I visited Wisconsin back in September but haven't been able to get on this sight till now. I OC the entire time there save Madison for two reasons 1) we visited the Henry Villas Zoo and all there buildings have no firearms posted; so, M'wife and I locked our firearms in the car. 2) I took my kids to the Capital Building and wasn't sure if I could carry in the capital. I wanted to take pictures of me OC in the capital so I could post them on Arkansas Carry and show how gun friendly the Yankees in the North are compared to the Rebels in the South are. I talked to a officer inside the capital about the protest that was going on (teachers?) and asked if I could OC. He said they had debated it and decided not to recommend it because Gov. Walker had received death threats, which kind of cuts against the grains of the "peaceful and loving" antigun crowd, are they against violence or only gun violence; because we all no it's more humane to beat, stab, strangle someone to death. But I digress, the officer never did give me a yes or no answer. We had a very cordial discussion anywhere from health care to gun control and everywhere in between. As I walked out one of the entrances another officer was standing there and I asked him but he was neither a Madison officer or a Capital officer so he didn't know. Needless to say I didn't carry at the Capitol or zoo. I did stop to fuel as I was heading out of town on 151 and two girls saw my firearm and started to yell, "he's got a gun, he's got a gun." I ignored them and walked into the building and they yelled you can't carry that it has to be concealed.

We stayed in the Dells OC all around the town except for Christmas Mountain and Bluegreen Odyssey. I even walked up to an officer that was checking parking meters and talked to him while OCing. Not a person said a thing other than comments about my children's shirts. Although two of my boys almost was ran over. We were standing at a curb waiting for the walk signal and as it turned to let us walk there was a big truck that never stopped. It's a good thing I told my kids to wait to make sure he was going to stop because just a few inches more the three of us would've been killed. I think we need to band trucks now.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work in Wisconsin to give OC such normalcy that not one person freaked except the two girls/woman that my be of ill repute.

I also OC in Portage shopping at the IGA Store, I think that's the name of it. Carrying in Walmart goes without saying.

You have to understand I live in Arkansas where they fight against OC.
    Last edited by Packer fan; 12-10-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added

I am Still OCing!

Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post
    I know this is an old thread but it's as good as any since you are talking about different places you opened carried.

I visited Wisconsin back in September but haven't been able to get on this sight till now. I OC the entire time there save Madison for two reasons 1) we visited the Henry Villas Zoo and all there buildings have no firearms posted; so, M'wife and I locked our firearms in the car. 2) I took my kids to the Capital Building and wasn't sure if I could carry in the capital. I wanted to take pictures of me OC in the capital so I could post them on Arkansas Carry and show how gun friendly the Yankees in the North are compared to the Rebels in the South are. I talked to a officer inside the capital about the protest that was going on (teachers?) and asked if I could OC. He said they had debated it and decided not to recommend it because Gov. Walker had received death threats, which kind of cuts against the grains of the "peaceful and loving" antigun crowd, are they against violence or only gun violence; because we all no it's more humane to beat, stab, strangle someone to death. But I digress, the officer never did give me a yes or no answer. We had a very cordial discussion anywhere from health care to gun control and everywhere in between. As I walked out one of the entrances another officer was standing there and I asked him but he was neither a Madison officer or a Capital officer so he didn't know. Needless to say I didn't carry at the Capitol or zoo. I did stop to fuel as I was heading out of town on 151 and two girls saw my firearm and started to yell, "he's got a gun, he's got a gun." I ignored them and walked into the building and they yelled you can't carry that it has to be concealed.

We stayed in the Dells OC all around the town except for Christmas Mountain and Bluegreen Odyssey. I even walked up to an officer that was checking parking meters and talked to him while OCing. Not a person said a thing other than comments about my children's shirts. Although two of my boys almost was ran over. We were standing at a curb waiting for the walk signal and as it turned to let us walk there was a big truck that never stopped. It's a good thing I told my kids to wait to make sure he was going to stop because just a few inches more the three of us would've been killed. I think we need to band trucks now.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work in Wisconsin to give OC such normalcy that not one person freaked except the two girls/woman that my be of ill repute.

I also OC in Portage shopping at the IGA Store, I think that's the name of it. Carrying in Walmart goes without saying.

You have to understand I live in Arkansas where they fight against OC.

Thanks for your story! Ever since I first wrote this oped, I have been Ocing in other towns like Hudson where I was in Fleetfarm shopping with wifey. I had my winter jacket on which had concealed my gun. However, knowing girls aka wifey we were there for a while and I began to overheat. So I took the jacket off and voila there in plain site in front of hundreds of shoppers and kids was my 357 holstered to my side. Not a peep from anyone, not even at the gun counter where I bought 158 grain SJHP as opposed to the 110 grain JHP. and a case of 38 sp. Not a peep. Went to subway for lunch but had my jacket on.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Re: I OCed Last Weekend

You can cc in the capitol and if you had oc'ed the policy is to ask you to cover it. If you refuse they can issue a ticket.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    You can cc in the capitol and if you had oc'ed the policy is to ask you to cover it. If you refuse they can issue a ticket.

thank you ill remember that next time

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post

With CCL only, correct?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast