• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I OCed Last Weekend

Packer fan

I know this is an old thread but...

I know this is an old thread but it's as good as any since you are talking about different places you opened carried.

I visited Wisconsin back in September but haven't been able to get on this sight till now. I OC the entire time there save Madison for two reasons 1) we visited the Henry Villas Zoo and all there buildings have no firearms posted; so, M'wife and I locked our firearms in the car. 2) I took my kids to the Capital Building and wasn't sure if I could carry in the capital. I wanted to take pictures of me OC in the capital so I could post them on Arkansas Carry and show how gun friendly the Yankees in the North are compared to the Rebels in the South are. I talked to a officer inside the capital about the protest that was going on (teachers?) and asked if I could OC. He said they had debated it and decided not to recommend it because Gov. Walker had received death threats, which kind of cuts against the grains of the "peaceful and loving" antigun crowd, are they against violence or only gun violence; because we all no it's more humane to beat, stab, strangle someone to death. But I digress, the officer never did give me a yes or no answer. We had a very cordial discussion anywhere from health care to gun control and everywhere in between. As I walked out one of the entrances another officer was standing there and I asked him but he was neither a Madison officer or a Capital officer so he didn't know. Needless to say I didn't carry at the Capitol or zoo. I did stop to fuel as I was heading out of town on 151 and two girls saw my firearm and started to yell, "he's got a gun, he's got a gun." I ignored them and walked into the building and they yelled you can't carry that it has to be concealed.

We stayed in the Dells OC all around the town except for Christmas Mountain and Bluegreen Odyssey. I even walked up to an officer that was checking parking meters and talked to him while OCing. Not a person said a thing other than comments about my children's shirts. Although two of my boys almost was ran over. We were standing at a curb waiting for the walk signal and as it turned to let us walk there was a big truck that never stopped. It's a good thing I told my kids to wait to make sure he was going to stop because just a few inches more the three of us would've been killed. I think we need to band trucks now.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work in Wisconsin to give OC such normalcy that not one person freaked except the two girls/woman that my be of ill repute.

I also OC in Portage shopping at the IGA Store, I think that's the name of it. Carrying in Walmart goes without saying.

You have to understand I live in Arkansas where they fight against OC.

Last edited:

Law abider

I am Still OCing!

I know this is an old thread but it's as good as any since you are talking about different places you opened carried.

I visited Wisconsin back in September but haven't been able to get on this sight till now. I OC the entire time there save Madison for two reasons 1) we visited the Henry Villas Zoo and all there buildings have no firearms posted; so, M'wife and I locked our firearms in the car. 2) I took my kids to the Capital Building and wasn't sure if I could carry in the capital. I wanted to take pictures of me OC in the capital so I could post them on Arkansas Carry and show how gun friendly the Yankees in the North are compared to the Rebels in the South are. I talked to a officer inside the capital about the protest that was going on (teachers?) and asked if I could OC. He said they had debated it and decided not to recommend it because Gov. Walker had received death threats, which kind of cuts against the grains of the "peaceful and loving" antigun crowd, are they against violence or only gun violence; because we all no it's more humane to beat, stab, strangle someone to death. But I digress, the officer never did give me a yes or no answer. We had a very cordial discussion anywhere from health care to gun control and everywhere in between. As I walked out one of the entrances another officer was standing there and I asked him but he was neither a Madison officer or a Capital officer so he didn't know. Needless to say I didn't carry at the Capitol or zoo. I did stop to fuel as I was heading out of town on 151 and two girls saw my firearm and started to yell, "he's got a gun, he's got a gun." I ignored them and walked into the building and they yelled you can't carry that it has to be concealed.

We stayed in the Dells OC all around the town except for Christmas Mountain and Bluegreen Odyssey. I even walked up to an officer that was checking parking meters and talked to him while OCing. Not a person said a thing other than comments about my children's shirts. Although two of my boys almost was ran over. We were standing at a curb waiting for the walk signal and as it turned to let us walk there was a big truck that never stopped. It's a good thing I told my kids to wait to make sure he was going to stop because just a few inches more the three of us would've been killed. I think we need to band trucks now.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work in Wisconsin to give OC such normalcy that not one person freaked except the two girls/woman that my be of ill repute.

I also OC in Portage shopping at the IGA Store, I think that's the name of it. Carrying in Walmart goes without saying.

You have to understand I live in Arkansas where they fight against OC.

Thanks for your story! Ever since I first wrote this oped, I have been Ocing in other towns like Hudson where I was in Fleetfarm shopping with wifey. I had my winter jacket on which had concealed my gun. However, knowing girls aka wifey we were there for a while and I began to overheat. So I took the jacket off and voila there in plain site in front of hundreds of shoppers and kids was my 357 holstered to my side. Not a peep from anyone, not even at the gun counter where I bought 158 grain SJHP as opposed to the 110 grain JHP. and a case of 38 sp. Not a peep. Went to subway for lunch but had my jacket on.

paul@paul-fisher.com

You can cc in the capitol and if you had oc'ed the policy is to ask you to cover it. If you refuse they can issue a ticket.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Franky

For the first time, I OCed in my home town and in Prescott where my mom lives. I walked into Prescott IGA twice, no problem. I went to see my constitutional leo buddy, he was on partol and gave me a raised fist! Came over to see what gun I had and gave me more ammo from his supply!! The next day I OCed in Ellsworth, went to Freedom gas station, no problem so far. Went to the Dollar store, they gave me no problem. Then I went to the local grocery store, looked at plants for sale out on the lot. The manager came ans said a few nervous people said that a guy with a gun was out there. He told me that I can't OC or CC in the store bec of policy. I told him that my daughter worked there and that there were no signs forbidding firearms in the store posted. He said he will work in that. he also said that the gun was ok with him but the customers were nervous. I wondered why? I was dressed very well. Called the owner of the store, Neilsson Foods and he told me there was NO POLICY. I told him I shopped there and I needed to know policy OC or CC or both. He said if I forbid you, I'll loose business bec there are many like me out there. He asked me if it wasd ok if I CCed in the store. I complied. but will work on him over time to let me OC there. So there is my story in short hand. Very gratifying so far. No cops comming over yet.

This leo buddy of yours who gave you ammo while on patrol the same one who recently was named Chief of Police for Prescott, Wi?

fix everything

I've been open carrying a lot lately myself. I've had some places where I was greeted with a lot of stern looks, but so far interactions with staff everywhere has been pretty good.

Gas stations, Walmart, multiple food venues, parts stores, not a problem anywhere.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I've been open carrying a lot lately myself. I've had some places where I was greeted with a lot of stern looks, but so far interactions with staff everywhere has been pretty good.

Gas stations, Walmart, multiple food venues, parts stores, not a problem anywhere.

Where did you even get stern looks? I see you are in Elkhorn and I can't remember the last even semi-stern look in Walworth County.

fix everything

None of the looks came from staff, was just random customers, mostly at Walmart lol. For all the friendly folks out there, there's apparently still plenty that think "gun's are bad, m'kay"

Franky

Yep my leo friend always gives me ammo. must have a big stash. He is a GOOD friend of mine too. Known him since 1996. Good cop too. Let's folks know about their constitutional rights/in alienable rights.
Need to buy 2 books. The one on OBL raid and the Jefferson lies by Dave Barton.

Can you tell me how to know which stores allow to OC? No one has posted in my town. Called the booze store owner. Know him. But he did not reply.

Your leo friend still handing out free ammo to you? Seems like you do not have a whole lot of good input towards law enforcement lately. Is it possible your leo friend crossed you off his fee ammo list?