Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Gun Owners Win in Johnston County!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Posts
    5

    Talking Gun Owners Win in Johnston County!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	johnston_county_noise_firearms_ordinance.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	9190

    the noise ordinance had the specific language concerning firearms removed prior to the vote. Here's a link to the text of the ordinance with the section that was removed marked in red:
    http://www.4042.com/images/PDF/johns..._ordinance.pdf

    The meeting was WELL attended with those wishing to voice their opinion on both sides of the issue. It was standing room only with the entire hall outside the Johnston County Commissioners meeting room filled to capacity.

  2. #2
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    Awaiting for the GRNC pontification and self-generated accolades about how successful they were in this endeavor.

    wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    751
    Unfortunately no one would have been allowed to speak. The chairman stated that the public comment forum had already been held. Only the language specific to guns was removed from the ordinance. I believe that the rest is actually so vague and subjective that a challenge in court may be successful.

    GRNC LEADERSHIP wasn't there, but many of us (members) wouldn't have been there either but for the alert August 18, and the NRA alert on the 30th.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    Unfortunately no one would have been allowed to speak. The chairman stated that the public comment forum had already been held. Only the language specific to guns was removed from the ordinance. I believe that the rest is actually so vague and subjective that a challenge in court may be successful.

    GRNC LEADERSHIP wasn't there, but many of us (members) wouldn't have been there either but for the alert August 18, and the NRA alert on the 30th.
    Actually BC, a member of the leadership was there. GRNC's Legislative Director was there. He was out in the hallway.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fayetteville NC
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    Actually BC, a member of the leadership was there. GRNC's Legislative Director was there. He was out in the hallway.
    My error. Apologies.

    Just got an e-mail from the NRA. It would seem no other group had anything to do with the event.

  6. #6
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    My error. Apologies.

    Just got an e-mail from the NRA. It would seem no other group had anything to do with the event.
    Funny how that works out lol

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    My error. Apologies.
    We're just like everyone else, nondescript, don't stand out in a crowd. However if you were one of the members of the General Assembly you would have recognized him.

  8. #8
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    Funny how that works out lol
    Tis a familiar characteristic for the local group also...must be an inherent concept amongst POCs

    wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  9. #9
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketdad View Post
    We're just like everyone else, nondescript, don't stand out in a crowd. However if you were one of the members of the General Assembly you would have recognized him.
    One of the elite few?Got to love stealth mode from a non-profit POC…

    wabbit
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    One of the elite few?Got to love stealth mode from a non-profit POC…

    wabbit
    Elite?? not me, I just a low down scum of the earth union worker.

    And the legislative director, he's not hiding either. His picture's on the bottom of the home page www.grnc.org
    Last edited by cricketdad; 09-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.

  11. #11
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    technically you haven't won yet. what they have done is to postpone it. please be ever diligent in the efforts to keep your rights
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

  12. #12
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    Tis a familiar characteristic for the local group also...must be an inherent concept amongst POCs

    wabbit
    Your comments have graduated from seemingly observant to eerily personal. I mean, I've had stalkers before, but you add an interesting bit of intrigue to the idea.

    But try to lift the eye lids a little on this one and take a good hard look at the dates on all alerts made by GRNC and the NRA on this one. Once you establish who did what first, notice how the NRA's are hauntingly similar to the GRNC ones- yet produced much later. Now, let's talk about the undue claiming of credit for the degree of success in Johnston County, shall we?

    BTW- One group I still did not see doing much of anything concerning this situation is your immortal elite vanguard of Second Amendment warriors you are building in the quest to show the gun-owning world just how to do this stuff in a kinder, gentler fashion, proving once and for all that GRNC's methods are inferior to yours.

    Busy that night, were you?

  13. #13
    Regular Member razor_baghdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CONUS ~for now~
    Posts
    279
    So let's see if I'm following this correctly, Johnston County has a big win on gun rights, GRNC is there as a show of familiarity and support, wabbit and whateveritisthathe/shesupports weren't there, so somehow GRNC takes a hit?

    Can someone please explain that? While you're attempting the moot explanation, think about the example that you present to other NEW RTKBA folks who pick this thread as their first to read.

    Thanks to the NRA for all that you do, and accolades to the folks who "weren't busy that night", and the GRNC who took the time to show up.

    I'm 7000 miles away so please don't ask me why I didn't go, eh?
    Last edited by razor_baghdad; 09-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    tip of the hat to what i presume is service to country razor...always know your's as are the other men and women's efforts are noted on a daily basis...

    and as BC Cruiser presumed to note but was corrected by cricketdad...do not presume i was not in attendence...

    wabbit

    ps: whateveritisthathe/shesupports ??
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 09-09-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  15. #15
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    tip of the hat to what i presume is service to country razor...always know your's as are the other men and women's efforts are noted on a daily basis...

    and as BC Cruiser presumed to note but was corrected by cricketdad...do not presume i was not in attendence...

    wabbit

    ps: whateveritisthathe/shesupports ??
    lol

    Love the "PS".

    Wabbit, I must say, most of what I say to you is with a smile. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. This back and forth jabber is actually pretty healthy, really.

    I understand your positions, if not your derision. There's just a couple of things that you have to understand about GRNC.

    1. There's simply some things that will never be revealed over an open board like this, due mostly because of prying eyes. Not yours, mind you, but others who would benefit greatly if a group like GRNC was to disappear.

    2. Kinder, gentler messages simply do not work. If they did, gears would be shifted in that direction. When talking with politicians you'll have to understand that you being nice to them is simply an opening for them to blow you off and disregard your position without much effort. On the other hand, the squeaky wheel gets the mouse...or something like that.

    I have a strange feeling that before alerts are published, numerous attempts to resolve a matter have already been attempted between the interested parties via private avenues- attempts which possibly include the kinder approach you so hold dear. I also have a strange feeling that numerous hours, days, and even weeks are spent researching the issues before alerts are published, making the issue well known to all involved.

    Now, no one can claim perfection. No person or group will get it right every time. But the important thing is that at least someone is trying.

    You have to understand that the NRA and GRNC most likely had already contacted the Johnston County Board of Commissioners prior to the alerts going out in an attempt to resolve the issue. I'm willing to bet that the nice, kind words you think work were also used during those contacts. As you can see, there wasn't much progress using those methods, as is the case more often than not.

    But in the end, what actually worked? Well, it appears to me that a bunch of ranting, rhetoric, and screaming from the rafters did the trick. I agree that it's a sad state when methods like this must be used, but the reality of the matter is that they often times DO require such an approach.

    But once again, I do encourage you to begin your own gentle group of 2A warriors who would go whispering in the halls of justice for their victories. And please tell me, when your hand is shook and your back is gently patted by the politicians who smile at you as you leave their door, how does it feel to be lied to?

    Again, I agree that it's sad that louder methods must be employed to reach a goal, but will you believe that your methods have been tried countless times in the past and the end result is almost always the same? It simply doesn't work.

    I choose to stick with what works.

    Good day, Sir.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Willow Spring
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    lol

    Love the "PS".

    Wabbit, I must say, most of what I say to you is with a smile. Just wanted to make sure you knew that. This back and forth jabber is actually pretty healthy, really.

    I understand your positions, if not your derision. There's just a couple of things that you have to understand about GRNC.

    1. There's simply some things that will never be revealed over an open board like this, due mostly because of prying eyes. Not yours, mind you, but others who would benefit greatly if a group like GRNC was to disappear.

    2. Kinder, gentler messages simply do not work. If they did, gears would be shifted in that direction. When talking with politicians you'll have to understand that you being nice to them is simply an opening for them to blow you off and disregard your position without much effort. On the other hand, the squeaky wheel gets the mouse...or something like that.

    I have a strange feeling that before alerts are published, numerous attempts to resolve a matter have already been attempted between the interested parties via private avenues- attempts which possibly include the kinder approach you so hold dear. I also have a strange feeling that numerous hours, days, and even weeks are spent researching the issues before alerts are published, making the issue well known to all involved.

    Now, no one can claim perfection. No person or group will get it right every time. But the important thing is that at least someone is trying.

    You have to understand that the NRA and GRNC most likely had already contacted the Johnston County Board of Commissioners prior to the alerts going out in an attempt to resolve the issue. I'm willing to bet that the nice, kind words you think work were also used during those contacts. As you can see, there wasn't much progress using those methods, as is the case more often than not.

    But in the end, what actually worked? Well, it appears to me that a bunch of ranting, rhetoric, and screaming from the rafters did the trick. I agree that it's a sad state when methods like this must be used, but the reality of the matter is that they often times DO require such an approach.

    But once again, I do encourage you to begin your own gentle group of 2A warriors who would go whispering in the halls of justice for their victories. And please tell me, when your hand is shook and your back is gently patted by the politicians who smile at you as you leave their door, how does it feel to be lied to?

    Again, I agree that it's sad that louder methods must be employed to reach a goal, but will you believe that your methods have been tried countless times in the past and the end result is almost always the same? It simply doesn't work.

    I choose to stick with what works.

    Good day, Sir.
    <begin sarcasm>
    Oh no, rotor! It's been over 30 hours since ncwabbit posted his response... surely, you're lack of reply in a timely manner indicates a conspiracy on behalf of you and GRNC!
    <end sarcasm>

    Sadly, That's how I read the whole "ncwabbit vs. rotor/grnc" crap on this site...

    While I partially agree with what both wabbit and rotor have stated on all the GRNC related posts here... I have yet to join either of "their" groups. From what I can tell, wabbit doesn't have one, and I had some "issues" with joining GRNC that Grapeshot just helped me get over (in another thread).... I'll take my "issues" up with GRNC directly... Thank you all for your hard work, regardless of which "team" that you're on...


    To make this less of a thread hijack, this "victory" in JoCo was hardly a major one, and this BS noise ordinance needs to go... I'm very grateful to those whom attended (although we weren't "allowed" to speak).

  17. #17
    Regular Member ncwabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    rural religious usa
    Posts
    670
    JayT, as you noted grapeshot said it quite succinctly…

    Additionally, as you noted in your last comment on this thread…it was a hollow victory for everyone with JoCo commissioners wheeling unmitigated discretionary power in dealing w/a single rogue citizen in their county. I am afraid while the commissioner(s) and town council believe the issue is resolved to ‘everyone’s satisfaction’ it appears it might be just the tip of the iceberg as their abuse of power will continue and requires continued vigilance.
    Wabbit

    Ps: quote I had some "issues" with joining GRNC ….I'll take my "issues" up with GRNC directly!! unquote. There is a saying within the service industry concerning if someone complains to management, there are at least (depending on the industry) where upwards to 20 ppl who will totally withdraw from the particular business and tell their friends about their bad experience thus causing others from engaging w/the business. So you express concerns over ‘issues’ yet have the audacity to state the ‘issues’ I express are "crap"? I’m sorry but increasing critical thinking about the subject, GRNC, NRA, where/how to OC, or any subject, amongst the populace verses letting the lemming mentality to prevail is what I believe this site espouses – discussion of all facets, wouldn't you agree mate?

    pss: well said rotorhead, well said!!
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 09-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

  18. #18
    Regular Member papa bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    mayberry, nc
    Posts
    2,258
    here is another reason to have a like button on this forum
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

    "guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

    i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •