• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protection from LEO's Jefferson and Bullitt Counties Kentucky

Jordan Singleton

Alright yall I know the whole KRS 527.100 thing has been done to death on here. But here's my question I'm 19 I do own a handgun I live in Louisville and am from Bullitt County so I'm there alot, the statute says I can legally carry it, but if an officer was to approach me and didnt know the statute (alot of em dont seem to) how do I handle it? And I have heard and read on here that Louisville LEO's are kinda bad about OC. I have never Open Carried, its always in my glovebox though. My biggest concern is an ignorant officer taking me to jail for it. So what do I need to do to protect my rights if an officer says I have to be 21?

09jisaac

Alright yall I know the whole KRS 527.100 thing has been done to death on here. But here's my question I'm 19 I do own a handgun I live in Louisville and am from Bullitt County so I'm there alot, the statute says I can legally carry it, but if an officer was to approach me and didnt know the statute (alot of em dont seem to) how do I handle it? And I have heard and read on here that Louisville LEO's are kinda bad about OC. I have never Open Carried, its always in my glovebox though. My biggest concern is an ignorant officer taking me to jail for it. So what do I need to do to protect my rights if an officer says I have to be 21?

He has to know a law you are breaking. Most LEO will tell you that you can't carry under 21 but won't arrest you, why? Because they have no statute in support of their claim. You don't have to worry much, for your protection though, I would suggest an audio/video recording device.