Thread: Anyone in SW PA or WV want to shoot rifles?

Question Anyone in SW PA or WV want to shoot rifles?

I just got a "Range Permit" to use the state game lands ranges.
    Went to one in Fayette County and it was actually pretty nice.

Had a 50 and 100 yard range with nice benches to shoot from.

The first time I was there there were a couple of other folks shooting, but they were all safe (Ive heard horror stories).
    Second time was today and shot for a little while, but then it started to lightning and I didnt want to get caught holding a steel rod loaded with explosives out n a lightening storm.

Anyhow, Im allowed to bring a guest if anyone wants to shoot.

You can also shoot at these ranges if you hold a valid PA hunting permit.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

I'd love to go shooting, but I have to stick to private land since all the ranges around here don't allow me to set up targets and do my tactical shooting. I need to find some tactical ranges around here, where I can at least just walk to the target while rapidly firing in succession.

target shooting just isn't for me, I like actual defense and attack practice.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Quote Originally Posted by david.ross View Post
    I'd love to go shooting, but I have to stick to private land since all the ranges around here don't allow me to set up targets and do my tactical shooting. I need to find some tactical ranges around here, where I can at least just walk to the target while rapidly firing in succession.

target shooting just isn't for me, I like actual defense and attack practice.
    I do that all the time at the range I was talking about.

Hell, I was even doing "Im up he sees me Im down" drills.

The place is usually vacant except for me.

I can shoot 50 and 100 yard targets in my own yard.

Alright, just wanted to help someone out if they didnt have any place to shoot rifles.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess. lol

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Pretty cool of ya. Where exactly is it?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Pretty cool of ya. Where exactly is it?
    I'm just getting into guns and shooting, bought my first two firearms last week. (Ruger SR22 Pistol & S&W M&P 15-22 Rifle) I don't carry because I'd rather wait until I'm more experienced, plus I live on-campus and it's against campus policies.

I'm a bit confused by your statement above. If we're your guest, are we still required to hold a valid PA hunting permit to use the range? Also, according to the PA site, it says the range is about 3mi SW of Dunbar, PA. So I'm assuming it's about 40-50mins from Morgantown, WV. Could you give us the coordinates of the shooting range so that we may see exactly where it is?

I may be interested in joining you sometime when I get a break from my studies... I may not be a lot of fun at first though (since I'm still learning the basics), but I'm a pretty quick study and I learn a lot by watching others. Since I got my firearms, I've started going to a pistol range in Morgantown and a DNR Range down in Grafton, WV.