Thread: Hello from Clintwood!

Hello from Clintwood!

I don't remember if I did A proper introduction or not when I made my account a while ago. I've been OC'ing for over 2 years now. Anyone from the Clintwood area on here? I've saw a couple OC'er around, but few and far between.

Welcome to OCDO. How old is the sunlight that reaches you?

Go to www.vcdl.org and at least sign up for the VA-ALERT free electronic newsletter, if not joining. If you started now, could you make it to Richmond in time for Lobby Day? (I used to have to drive out from Richmond to Pound and Big Stone Gap once a quarter - I know where you are.)

Please do not annoy peter nap with the fact that you are in God's Country - he can be mean and petty when jealous.

We are going to be about halfway to you in a couple of weeks. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...turn-date-9-22 Feel free to come on out and meet some folks.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I had to Google Clintwood to see where it is! I don't think we'll be bumping into each other around town!

Welcome to the forum!

I live in Haysi

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Don't let Skidmark fool you. I'm always delighted to see REAL PEOPLE (South of the Ni) come here.
    I'm especially happy to see next door neighbors to the original Nap starting place (Russell).
    Welcome to the board!

PS ...any Elk near you?

Founder's Club Member
    Greetings TTF! My mom's family is from that general area, although they were slightly northward being just east of Pikeville, KY where the Tug Fork rides the VA / WV / KY state lines.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Welcome to OCDO. How old is the sunlight that reaches you?

Go to www.vcdl.org and at least sign up for the VA-ALERT free electronic newsletter, if not joining. If you started now, could you make it to Richmond in time for Lobby Day? (I used to have to drive out from Richmond to Pound and Big Stone Gap once a quarter - I know where you are.)

Please do not annoy peter nap with the fact that you are in God's Country - he can be mean and petty when jealous.

We are going to be about halfway to you in a couple of weeks. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...turn-date-9-22 Feel free to come on out and meet some folks.

stay safe.
    Well poo. they're requiring a CHP before you can carry on their property. I'm 20 so I don't have mine yet. Nice to meet you paramedic. It's always good to know I'm not alone. thanks for the greetings everyone BTW.

Hello from Clintwood!

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTuckFard View Post
    Well poo. they're requiring a CHP before you can carry on their property. I'm 20 so I don't have mine yet. Nice to meet you paramedic. It's always good to know I'm not alone. thanks for the greetings everyone BTW.
    I think you mis-understood that thread. The point was that open carry is legal in state parks, a CHP is not required. They are holding the event to support that right. Here is some background on the state parks situation.

Background-Washington Times
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I think you mis-understood that thread. The point was that open carry is legal in state parks, a CHP is not required. They are holding the event to support that right. Here is some background on the state parks situation.

Background-Washington Times
    Yep!

Hey, we would love to have you join us at the picnic, as they told you it all about OC so you do not need a permit. I think it would be great to get to know someone else in this area that is as passionate about OC as me and my family, We are going to be at Food City tomorrow doing an event with the Lions Club, come by and see us and I will buy you lunch, it will be easy to know which one I am, you know, the one with the firearm on his side, of course my wife will have hers as well.