• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The most difficult legal question ever posted on OCDO

KYGlockster

Activist Member
If a pair of conjoined twins wanted to carry concealed, would they both need CPLs? - Yes, just as the state required both sides to get a driver's license. Now, if only one side wanted to carry concealed, only that side would need a CPL, since each separately controls the volitional activity on their side. In practical terms, they would need to coperatively agree since one side cannot go anywhere without the other side. If one side wants to carry and the other side is anti-gun then for all practical purposes it's a stalemate.

What if one half consents to a search and/or detention while the other twin is trying to assert their rights? - For all practical purposes the side "asserting their rights" as you put it will be detained and searched along with the other side whose behavior prompted the stop and reason for searching. Even though each side independently controls their side I would not expect a cop on the street to consider that a possibility. Even if the cop considered the possibility that one side could act independently of the other, the cop is going to cite "officer safety" in searching both sides.

If one twin were convicted of a crime, would that one be punished for felon in possession if the other half carries and has no background? - If one side is convicted of a felony and the other, non-felon, side decided to carry and were able to maintain control of the firearm then the felon side should not be considered in possession or even in constructive possession. Each side acts independently and cannot reach over to the other side. The question I would have fun watching being answered is how to keep the felon side from viewing the combination for wherever the non-felon side locks up her firearm when not carrying/holding it. And even if the felon side did see the combination the non-felon side could prevent her from gaining possession of the firearm simply by not cooperatively moving.

Who would any citation be addressed to? - To the side alleged to have been the transgressor. My question is, after determining which side of the body committed the infraction, does it matter in terms of any punishment imposed? One side could prevent the other side from driving under the influence, for instance, just by refusing to cooperate in getting into the vehicle. On the other hand, since drinking by one will effect the other, they would both be guilty if they agreed to cooperatively drive after only one side did the actual drinking. Lock one side up and you effectively lock up the other side. Unless the non-guilty side wants to be physically separated, what happens to one happens to the other.

If they're legally two different individuals, would detaining or arresting them for an offense commited by one be an unlawful arrest/false imprisonment of the other? - Nope! You need to undestand the difference between two sides and two individuals. They are both cooperatively responsible for anything the body does, as one side cannot do anything without the cooperation and assistance of the other.

The requirement for each to get their own drivers license goes to the issue of each one controlling only one half of the body. For almost all activities they must cooperatively coordinate voluntary bodily activity, which meant that each half had to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency in the activities of driving associated with her specific half of the body. If one passed the test and the other did not, the one who passed the test could not operate all of the controls independently and thus drive "by herself". In my mind I see that pretty much any activity that one side tries to do that is illegal can be stopped or countered by the other side refusing to cooperate. If, for example, the right side wants to speed and pushes down on the acclerator the left side can counter by pushing down on the brakes.

How you thought this (these, actually) would be the most difficult question(s) ever posed on OCDO escapes me. Once you understand that two separate personalities (sides) controlling one half of the body must act cooperatively in order to do almost everything, the answers fall like over-ripe fruit.

stay safe.

How is it you say that one could not be convicted of a crime without the other, yet you also say one could still carry a concealed firearm if the other were a convicted felon? If it takes both to commit a crime as you said, then both would be charged for said crime. If one were charged with a felonious crime, then by your logic both would be, so neither would be able to possess.

I believe one could commit a crime without the others approval. It only takes one hand to hit someone, or it only takes one hand to grab something off the rack as you are walking by and stuff it in a pocket. There are plenty of ways that one could commit a crime without the others assistance or approval.

I would be interested to see how the justice system would handle such a bizzare case.

I would really like to know who has feeling and who doesn't when they are doing adult activities! I wonder if the sensation is split there as well? I'm not being gross, I am truly intrigued. Wiki says that each one can feel their half of body and nothing on the other side. These girls have 2 stomachs, 2 spinal cords, 4 lungs, with one lung slightly fused to the other, 1 liver, 3 kidneys, 2 gall-bladders, 1 bladder, and 1 set of reproductive organs. I have never heard of these girls, and now I am truly intrigued. Everything I have ever heard of conjoined twins was younger ones that always died at a young age from heart defects and other medical ailments.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Nope, I still live at home for now, I have adequate savings to finish my two year college so I've been allowed to stay while I finish that

I don't generally watch TLC shows.

But Grimm is pretty good, by pretty good I mean I don't care what the show is about as long a it's a mainstream primetime production that features some location in the pacific northwest

Enjoy it while it lasts! Once you hit the real world and have 5 or 10 bills you have to pay every week, up keep on your home, up keep on the vehicles, insurance on the vehicles, kids to take care of, school supplies, etc., it gets tough.

I remember people telling me the same thing and I always replied along the lines of I couldn't wait to get out. Now, I would do anything to go back! HAHA. I am dealing with all that, working a near full time job, and going to college above full-time status. I would give anything to be 18 again and do it all over; although I wouldn't trade my kids for anything!

Whatever you do, stay in school!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
let's take it to the end game.

If they shot each other, would it be a double murder, or a double suicide?

The serious thing is, if one did take a bullet to the heart and died, the other would continue to live for some time. How would you manage living with your dead sister connected to you? Each has their own heart, so the side that was dead would not have blood flowing, and they would start to decompose.