Thread: Henderson friends of the nra dinner issue

Henderson friends of the nra dinner issue

I contacted Mike Davis and simply asked about carry, not open carry. This was the response and mine back.

To: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:46 PM
    Subject: Re: SNEAK PEEK @ NRA GUNS - Henderson Friends of NRA 9.27.12

I respect that your mission is open carry, however ours is fundraising so the policy of the venue we choose is not our concern. I cannot comment on behalf of the venue itself however you may call them at: (702) 614-4444.

Mike

MY RESPONSE

My mission is caring about our rights. At no point did I mention open carry, I asked about carry. Your answer is all I need to know about how the friends of the nra and the nra with respect to our rights. I find it stunning that the nra would not find out a venues policy on carry.

What's the venue?

Damn, the NRA just really does not want me to donate anything this year at all, do they?

Ten years ago, I was the second highest donor they had at a SoNV event. And that was when I was poor!

EDIT: Bing says that phone number belongs to Dragon Ridge Country Club. We probably should not have asked. If they have no signs posted, just OC and go. How can they turn you away when you already paid to go to a GUN RELATED banquet that they choose to allow? They will have some serious egg on their face, in my opinion. And the NRA needs that kind of confrontation to bring their own views out into the open.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-05-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Venue info

Dragon Ridge
    Country Club
    552 S Stephanie
    Henderson, NV
    www.dragonridge.com

I think I see an opportunity. What is their expected attendance? Let's say 100. If I donate 10 private CCW classes (my normal rate is $250 for a one-person private in-home class) that will make me a $2,500 donor, if they go by value. Now, how will it look when I am UNEXPECTEDLY told to leave because I am openly carrying, when we all know that 99% in the room are also armed but concealed?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    when we all know that 99% in the room are also armed but concealed?
    I think that % is high. Many people are such sheep they will abide by the sign if there is one or just assume its the nra and they dont need a gun.

I was at the Anthem Country Club today. If I'd known, I could have swung by and checkout out this venue. Anyone else near the area that can do it? I probably won't be out that way again for a week or so. Just give the place a good look-over for signage.

I would like to tell Mike Davis that Sarah Brady owns that Dragon Club that he is supporting, (fingers crossed of course) just to see the look on his face. I bet he would check the venue out better after that.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Apropos of absolutely nothing, but isn't this the same NRA which last week asked for reports of problems regarding carrying . . ?

Yuk !!!!

Just another good reason to quit supporting the NRA and join GOA and SAF, the real 2nd amendment associations.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    Just another good reason to quit supporting the NRA and join GOA and SAF, the real 2nd amendment associations.

TBG
    I am not even sure how i get the emails. I am not a member. my wife joined a few years ago because of some competitions she was shooting in. We have let it lapse long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post

TBG

+1K

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    I am not even sure how i get the emails. I am not a member. my wife joined a few years ago because of some competitions she was shooting in. We have let it lapse long ago.

I've been a member for over 35 years and used to donate to the ILA often. Now I never hear from them. They must not love me any more. Could be all the nasty letters I've sent them over the years.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

I noticed that the VA friends have a banner at the top of this page. I sent them a email asking about a carry. The response back as you see below was its all good.

Submitted Information:

Name
    steve weiss

Phone

Email
    xxxxx@yahoo.com

Comment
    Is the venue carry friendly? Will I be able to conceal carry or open carry?

Thanks

RESPONSE

Yes sir. Your choice.

In a message dated 9/5/2012 2:07:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, xxxx@yahoo.com writes:
    You've just received a new submission to your Contact Form.

I contacted Mike Davis and simply asked about carry, not open carry. This was the response and mine back.

To: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:46 PM
    Subject: Re: SNEAK PEEK @ NRA GUNS - Henderson Friends of NRA 9.27.12

I respect that your mission is open carry, however ours is fundraising so the policy of the venue we choose is not our concern. I cannot comment on behalf of the venue itself however you may call them at: (702) 614-4444.

Mike
    Mike Davis can eat **** and die. He has not returned to NevadaShooters' forum since he was called out over last year's FoNRA clusterfuck.

If this is truly FoNRA's position ("**** you and your rights, just give us money"), they can eat **** and die, too.

mbogo

I sent a email back to the va dinner leader. Thanking him for his time. Turns out he is also the leader of the va oc org as well.

So this event, OP related, is 9/27? a thursday night right? what time? How do I hear about these events, non this thread. Its a local thing....NV....also southern NV. Henderson or vegas or whatev. But how come I don't hear about this **** until I hear about it on here?

I work thursdays.....but I might try to get out early, or, when does this occur? I'm confused why I don't know more details about this at all. I understand the carry discussion on it, but I don't have any details on the actual event...why?

If you want a magazine subscription-join the NRA.

If you want results-join Gun Owners of America

Then followed up by NFAC which seems to be getting their act together some what.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlittlerobot View Post
    So this event, OP related, is 9/27? a thursday night right? what time? How do I hear about these events, non this thread. Its a local thing....NV....also southern NV. Henderson or vegas or whatev. But how come I don't hear about this **** until I hear about it on here?

I work thursdays.....but I might try to get out early, or, when does this occur? I'm confused why I don't know more details about this at all. I understand the carry discussion on it, but I don't have any details on the actual event...why?
    Are you a NRA member? I am not yet I get the emails for some reason.

Are you a NRA member? I am not yet I get the emails for some reason.
    Yes, lifetime member - never heard of any events ever.

Struggle since I became a member....Didn't recieve anything for 8 months...Magazine...Credentials, etc.

I called several times, got great service. Apparently first service sent my stuff to someone else's address (northern NV, where i've never lived).

Called about a month ago. Finally got my lifetime membership card....some decals and stickers, got a leather jacket I was promised back in january for signing up. Finally have my member number and what whetever. Was so so angry for 8 months...does that anger now go away since they finally got it right? After potentially giving my **** to someone in rural northern NV?

I paid for a full lifetime membership in January...didn't get anything until literally yesterday....

So am I a member? I woulda said not sure until like 25 hours ago. I feel confident though...yes I am! I got a patch now!!! FINALLY!!!!