• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henderson friends of the nra dinner issue

Vegassteve

I contacted Mike Davis and simply asked about carry, not open carry. This was the response and mine back.

To: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: SNEAK PEEK @ NRA GUNS - Henderson Friends of NRA 9.27.12

I respect that your mission is open carry, however ours is fundraising so the policy of the venue we choose is not our concern. I cannot comment on behalf of the venue itself however you may call them at: (702) 614-4444.

Mike

MY RESPONSE

My mission is caring about our rights. At no point did I mention open carry, I asked about carry. Your answer is all I need to know about how the friends of the nra and the nra with respect to our rights. I find it stunning that the nra would not find out a venues policy on carry.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
What's the venue?

Damn, the NRA just really does not want me to donate anything this year at all, do they?

Ten years ago, I was the second highest donor they had at a SoNV event. And that was when I was poor!

EDIT: Bing says that phone number belongs to Dragon Ridge Country Club. We probably should not have asked. If they have no signs posted, just OC and go. How can they turn you away when you already paid to go to a GUN RELATED banquet that they choose to allow? They will have some serious egg on their face, in my opinion. And the NRA needs that kind of confrontation to bring their own views out into the open.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I think I see an opportunity. What is their expected attendance? Let's say 100. If I donate 10 private CCW classes (my normal rate is $250 for a one-person private in-home class) that will make me a $2,500 donor, if they go by value. Now, how will it look when I am UNEXPECTEDLY told to leave because I am openly carrying, when we all know that 99% in the room are also armed but concealed?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I was at the Anthem Country Club today. If I'd known, I could have swung by and checkout out this venue. Anyone else near the area that can do it? I probably won't be out that way again for a week or so. Just give the place a good look-over for signage.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I would like to tell Mike Davis that Sarah Brady owns that Dragon Club that he is supporting, (fingers crossed of course) just to see the look on his face. I bet he would check the venue out better after that.

The Big Guy

Just another good reason to quit supporting the NRA and join GOA and SAF, the real 2nd amendment associations.

TBG

Vegassteve

Just another good reason to quit supporting the NRA and join GOA and SAF, the real 2nd amendment associations.

TBG

I am not even sure how i get the emails. I am not a member. my wife joined a few years ago because of some competitions she was shooting in. We have let it lapse long ago.

The Big Guy

I am not even sure how i get the emails. I am not a member. my wife joined a few years ago because of some competitions she was shooting in. We have let it lapse long ago.

I've been a member for over 35 years and used to donate to the ILA often. Now I never hear from them. They must not love me any more. Could be all the nasty letters I've sent them over the years.

TBG

Vegassteve

I noticed that the VA friends have a banner at the top of this page. I sent them a email asking about a carry. The response back as you see below was its all good.

Submitted Information:

Name
steve weiss

Phone

Email
xxxxx@yahoo.com

Comment
Is the venue carry friendly? Will I be able to conceal carry or open carry?

Thanks

RESPONSE

Yes sir. Your choice.

In a message dated 9/5/2012 2:07:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, xxxx@yahoo.com writes:
You've just received a new submission to your Contact Form.

mbogo470

I contacted Mike Davis and simply asked about carry, not open carry. This was the response and mine back.

To: XXXXXXX@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 4, 2012 1:46 PM
Subject: Re: SNEAK PEEK @ NRA GUNS - Henderson Friends of NRA 9.27.12

I respect that your mission is open carry, however ours is fundraising so the policy of the venue we choose is not our concern. I cannot comment on behalf of the venue itself however you may call them at: (702) 614-4444.

Mike

Mike Davis can eat **** and die. He has not returned to NevadaShooters' forum since he was called out over last year's FoNRA clusterfuck.

If this is truly FoNRA's position ("**** you and your rights, just give us money"), they can eat **** and die, too.

mbogo

Lostlittlerobot

So this event, OP related, is 9/27? a thursday night right? what time? How do I hear about these events, non this thread. Its a local thing....NV....also southern NV. Henderson or vegas or whatev. But how come I don't hear about this **** until I hear about it on here?

I work thursdays.....but I might try to get out early, or, when does this occur? I'm confused why I don't know more details about this at all. I understand the carry discussion on it, but I don't have any details on the actual event...why?

Rollbar

If you want a magazine subscription-join the NRA.

If you want results-join Gun Owners of America

Then followed up by NFAC which seems to be getting their act together some what.

Vegassteve

So this event, OP related, is 9/27? a thursday night right? what time? How do I hear about these events, non this thread. Its a local thing....NV....also southern NV. Henderson or vegas or whatev. But how come I don't hear about this **** until I hear about it on here?

I work thursdays.....but I might try to get out early, or, when does this occur? I'm confused why I don't know more details about this at all. I understand the carry discussion on it, but I don't have any details on the actual event...why?

Are you a NRA member? I am not yet I get the emails for some reason.

Lostlittlerobot

Are you a NRA member? I am not yet I get the emails for some reason.

Yes, lifetime member - never heard of any events ever.

Struggle since I became a member....Didn't recieve anything for 8 months...Magazine...Credentials, etc.

I called several times, got great service. Apparently first service sent my stuff to someone else's address (northern NV, where i've never lived).

Called about a month ago. Finally got my lifetime membership card....some decals and stickers, got a leather jacket I was promised back in january for signing up. Finally have my member number and what whetever. Was so so angry for 8 months...does that anger now go away since they finally got it right? After potentially giving my **** to someone in rural northern NV?

I paid for a full lifetime membership in January...didn't get anything until literally yesterday....

So am I a member? I woulda said not sure until like 25 hours ago. I feel confident though...yes I am! I got a patch now!!! FINALLY!!!!