Thread: Newest OCDO Member!!!

Newest OCDO Member!!!

Hello All,
    I would like to introduce myself. My name is PJ and I just recently turned 21, and bought my first pistol (Beretta PX4 storm). Since then I have been Open Carrying as much as possible! I have also applied for my Concealed Pistols License and I am looking to take a basic handgun safety course. I am hoping to interact with like minded people and learn more about our 2nd Amendment Rights.

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey Butt View Post
    Hello All,
    I would like to introduce myself. My name is PJ and I just recently turned 21, and bought my first pistol (Beretta PX4 storm). Since then I have been Open Carrying as much as possible! I have also applied for my Concealed Pistols License and I am looking to take a basic handgun safety course. I am hoping to interact with like minded people and learn more about our 2nd Amendment Rights.

-PJ
    Welcome to the Club.
    I carry a Para Ordance 1911 .45 ACP.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Welcome aboard!

Be sure to read the stickied FAQ thread. It will probably answer most of your questions, if you have any. If you can't find the answer there, or by using the search function, THEN post your question. You'll take a lot less flak this way.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

If you do not have any experience with a handgun, you should probably take the basic course before you carry it.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Re: Newest OCDO Member!!!

Welcome. I hope you're ready for your head to swell with knowledge from OCDO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the forum

PJ welcome to the forum there is a lot of knowledge here. And as suggested if you have not had much expeirence with A pistol I would suggest you take A saftey cource. And read this.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ights-Pamphlet
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

Welcome, I hope we meet in the street. You mentioned that you have applied for a CPL. If you are OCing now, remember the laws about a loaded weapon in a vehicle (can't do that). Be very careful unloading and reloading when getting in and out of a vehicle. Excessive handling invites accident. Personally, I think that law sucks, but that's just me. Be safe.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Thank you for the warm welcome folks.

As a response to a few things said-

I have been around firearms since i was a kid, mostly rifles but I have had a decent background with handguns, though no formal training. Thus the comment about wanting to take a basic handgun safety course. Better safe than sorry right? Later on I would be interested in a more advanced, tactical/ home defense/ close quarters training course.

As for my head swelling with knowledge, the larger it gets, the better!

And finally i do know that to OC without a CPL I cannot carry loaded inside my vehicle. That is why I applied for my CPL, just as a fail safe if you will.

-PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Munkey Butt View Post
    Hello All,

-PJ
    PJ one of the best around the State is The Firearms Academy of Seattle located in Onalaska, not far from you.

Their courses will take you from the ground up and as far as you would like to go when it comes to self defense and firearms.
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    PJ one of the best around the State is The Firearms Academy of Seattle located in Onalaska, not far from you.

Their courses will take you from the ground up and as far as you would like to go when it comes to self defense and firearms.
    I will for sure check into this. My brothers Godfather is a member of the Centralia Rifle Club and Junior Division (High school shooting club) and said that he will put out a notice for a pistol safety class and would sponsor me for the course. So i will be taking him up on his offer.

I think i will be looking into more home/ self defense courses at F.A.S.

-PJ

If you are ever in the Lakewood/Tacoma area want to go shooting/get some training I'm game ( 5 Years as Marine Corps MP here)
    I carry a Para Ordance 1911 .45 ACP.

Im new here to

Hi my name is rick and i live in Lakewood, Wa. I have been carrying for about 10yrs. hope to meet new people.