• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newest OCDO Member!!!

Munkey Butt

Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is PJ and I just recently turned 21, and bought my first pistol (Beretta PX4 storm). Since then I have been Open Carrying as much as possible! I have also applied for my Concealed Pistols License and I am looking to take a basic handgun safety course. I am hoping to interact with like minded people and learn more about our 2nd Amendment Rights.

-PJ

cpgrad08

Hello All,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is PJ and I just recently turned 21, and bought my first pistol (Beretta PX4 storm). Since then I have been Open Carrying as much as possible! I have also applied for my Concealed Pistols License and I am looking to take a basic handgun safety course. I am hoping to interact with like minded people and learn more about our 2nd Amendment Rights.

-PJ

Welcome to the Club.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Welcome aboard!

Be sure to read the stickied FAQ thread. It will probably answer most of your questions, if you have any. If you can't find the answer there, or by using the search function, THEN post your question. You'll take a lot less flak this way.

CCinMaine

Welcome. I hope you're ready for your head to swell with knowledge from OCDO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Welcome, I hope we meet in the street. You mentioned that you have applied for a CPL. If you are OCing now, remember the laws about a loaded weapon in a vehicle (can't do that). Be very careful unloading and reloading when getting in and out of a vehicle. Excessive handling invites accident. Personally, I think that law sucks, but that's just me. Be safe.

Munkey Butt

Thank you for the warm welcome folks.

As a response to a few things said-

I have been around firearms since i was a kid, mostly rifles but I have had a decent background with handguns, though no formal training. Thus the comment about wanting to take a basic handgun safety course. Better safe than sorry right? Later on I would be interested in a more advanced, tactical/ home defense/ close quarters training course.

As for my head swelling with knowledge, the larger it gets, the better!:D

And finally i do know that to OC without a CPL I cannot carry loaded inside my vehicle. That is why I applied for my CPL, just as a fail safe if you will.

-PJ

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Hello All,

-PJ

PJ one of the best around the State is The Firearms Academy of Seattle located in Onalaska, not far from you.

Their courses will take you from the ground up and as far as you would like to go when it comes to self defense and firearms.

Munkey Butt

PJ one of the best around the State is The Firearms Academy of Seattle located in Onalaska, not far from you.

Their courses will take you from the ground up and as far as you would like to go when it comes to self defense and firearms.

I will for sure check into this. My brothers Godfather is a member of the Centralia Rifle Club and Junior Division (High school shooting club) and said that he will put out a notice for a pistol safety class and would sponsor me for the course. So i will be taking him up on his offer.

I think i will be looking into more home/ self defense courses at F.A.S.

-PJ

cpgrad08

If you are ever in the Lakewood/Tacoma area want to go shooting/get some training I'm game ( 5 Years as Marine Corps MP here)